• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just before I go back and read the last 20 pages I have to tell you what happened to me today. I waited until the first party to verify that I did, indeed NEED the dessert party with Plaza viewing for our party on Sept 2. I called today and the first 2 calls were “disconnected”....call a third time only to be told the plaza viewing is sold out for my party. Ok....so I look online and clearly I can get all the way through until I put in my cc# so I call back. On hold 7 min, cm looks and looks....Tomorrowland Terrace is available but not Plaza viewing. Ok. I think so much for having a discount by booking on the phone so I can use my DGC. I proceed to go online and book it myself using cc that I didn’t want to use. :confused3

Now that you have the reservation I'd call them and see if they could transfer it to your GFC. I've done something like that before.

I went back through a bunch of pages but not all because I’m a bit overwhelmed but all the info. I’m going to slowly work my way through.

Is it still just the plaza side garden for the dessert party viewing at the Halloween party? Is the Casey side garden roped off for anything special?

Can anyone tell me what time Captain Jack started greeting? I’m assuming 7 but I’m trying to meet Moana (getting in her line right away at 4) and Jack in addition to the Aladdin characters (especially Jafar) and am worried I haven’t allocated enough time.

I’m assuming I’ll be done with Moana at 6, then that allows an hour to wait for Jack, which I’m assuming is going to be another hour wait.

After that, I’m hoping to meet all the Aladdin characters in the next 30 minutes and the Tarzan gang, so I’ll be done with everyone in Adventureland by 8:30. Does this plan sound in any way reasonable for the Tuesday September 10th party? Even as I type it, it sounds ridiculously optimistic. :crazy2:

I went back through a bunch of pages but not all because I’m a bit overwhelmed but all the info. I’m going to slowly work my way through.

Is it still just the plaza side garden for the dessert party viewing at the Halloween party? Is the Casey side garden roped off for anything special?
Someone posted that it was being used for either media or some type of VIP last night. Not sure if it will continue to be reserved or not though.

I have a lot of catching up to do...20 pages behind. I've been watching blogs and of course watched @yulilin3 live stream from the party last night....regarding the pins, I cant decide if I want the passholder limited release or the Oogie Boogie limited edition pin....but I do keep telling myself I'm NOT a pin collector, lol!
This is my first year and I'll be at the party Oct 24. Do you think all the pins will be gone? I typically get one from food and wine when I go and they are usually still for sale in october. TIA

Sounds super super strange, but does anyone have some helpful tips to making sure a fancy dress mustache will stay on? I went as the Mad Hatter one year and the eyebrows kept falling off due to the heat and obviously the sweat on my brow! Don't want the same to happen this time, anyone got any tips? Is there a special type of spirit gum to use? :)

Do you know if you're able to get an allergy bag and a regular bag for trick-or-treating? I was able to eat a lot of the regular stuff last year, but am gluten-free and ingestion-allergic to peanuts, so I had both bags and left the stuff I couldn't eat in the resort laundry room. :)

Any information on meeting Jack and Sally. I have a park ticket the same day as MNSSHP and would love to get in line early for this meet and greet. Are they allowing you to get in line, are they passing out wristbands in line? They did this last year?

I checked my photos from last year and according to the train station clock, I got the photo at 5:50 pm.
Yeah, you looked totally spooked... with that smile on your face! :laughing:
Great photo! Looks like you were having a wonderful time! :hug:

Is anyone else not seeing all their photopsss pictures? I’m missing our last picture - magic shot with headless horseman? It was taken very late so I’m hoping it shows up soon...

My
Magic shots from Main Street did not show up until this afternoon (day after party)

Doing :laundy: so I've got some time!

This is my first year and I'll be at the party Oct 24. Do you think all the pins will be gone? I typically get one from food and wine when I go and they are usually still for sale in october. TIA

Maybe. I know when we attend Oct 28 or 29 AND 31st - The Exclusive stuff is gone.

Do you know if you're able to get an allergy bag and a regular bag for trick-or-treating? I was able to eat a lot of the regular stuff last year, but am gluten-free and ingestion-allergic to peanuts, so I had both bags and left the stuff I couldn't eat in the resort laundry room. :)

You can pick up both bags at all magicband distribution locations and at the Bypass.

Any information on meeting Jack and Sally. I have a park ticket the same day as MNSSHP and would love to get in line early for this meet and greet. Are they allowing you to get in line, are they passing out wristbands in line? They did this last year?

Yes. Same set up as last year and it was confirmed a few pages back.
Get in line around 3, 3:30 CM's will scan party ticket and give you a party wristband.

You're awesome! :laughing: Thanks for posting!
Sounds super super strange, but does anyone have some helpful tips to making sure a fancy dress mustache will stay on? I went as the Mad Hatter one year and the eyebrows kept falling off due to the heat and obviously the sweat on my brow! Don't want the same to happen this time, anyone got any tips? Is there a special type of spirit gum to use? :)
might sound stranger but have you tried eyelash glue?

I've read that sometimes late in the party Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and Abu will meet together. Anyone able to confirm this has happened to them?

Ok I broke down and watched a video of the fireworks! I had to see what the story is. I appreciated the fireworks and the projections, but I thought it was too cartooney and I did not like the music. I know the projections are supposed to work with the fireworks and complete the show, but I found them competing a lot of the time and my focus kept changing between the two. Definitely not like HEA where the fireworks and projections work well together.

Was the summer dessert party you attended with both the before and after dessert parties in the garden at the same time? The one we did in May was with both parties in the garden and I found it fuller. I'm wondering if the Halloween party is full like that, or much fuller than even the garden with two dessert parties.
Did you skip the last parade to ToT? Which lines did you find lower crowds?
The one we attended last June did have both dessert parties and I still felt like last night was much fuller. Obviously that can vary from party to party.
We went right from the viewing area to Frontierland to watch the 2nd parade and trick or treated after that. Because the 2nd parade started a little late, we didn’t have as much time as I was hoping afterwards.
All of the trick or treat lines were really long to start with but as the night went on, we were able to cruise through several lines more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter