"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoil Allert!

CRUELLA'S HALLOWEEN HIDEAWAY REVIEW Mickey's Not So Scary Party | Food, Drinks, Parade Viewing

Cruella's Halloween Hide-A-Way Experience and parade
Wow. So the parade viewing for real is way down by the hub? This is much different than the Tony’s event during MVMCP last year. Our parade viewing was right outside Tony’s at the flagpole. It was an easy exit from Tony’s to get to the parade viewing area. I guess the only good thing is at least you are in the hub if you want to make a quick exit to get to the rides or other character m&g.

I've read that sometimes late in the party Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and Abu will meet together. Anyone able to confirm this has happened to them?
When we went by last night on our way out so probably close to midnight, we just saw the Genie and someone else meeting. The Genie was standing in front of the other person so I can’t confirm who it was but it definitely wasn’t all 4 of them.

Yes to the squeeze applesauce at Carousel of Progress TOT line. It’s cold. The condensation will get your candy wet. I pit ut in a separate zip loc bag. I bring my own tote bag with zip loc bags inside it.

My kids love these so I better be sure to pack some ziplocks! I always bring the ones I get at races home to them!

Pumpkin Balloon Mickey Popcorn Bucket was also available tonight.

View attachment 426479

Source: resortv1

Seriously dying! I really want this popcorn bucket!

When I returned in mid Oct most resorts were sold out of the mugs but the Boardwalk Bakery had plenty.

All I know is that I checked in on 11/1 last year if memory serves me correctly and they were putting the Christmas mugs out that day. I'd love a Halloween one though too, but am just hoping for something different then what I already have.

Wow!!! So much to soak in! Thank you!
I hope you all read this, that's big news!
View attachment 426615

My oldest son LOVES Nightmare Before Christmas, but I imagine these items won't be available by Halloween when we go...
The photographers typically set up their tripods where you see the RED Stars. I've seen 3 to 4 of them over the years. They arrive when it's dark, like after dusk and have stayed as late as 12:45am.
View attachment 426619

View attachment 426620
I know my BFF did this photo op on her way IN to the park two years ago. So it was definitely happening before dark. I did it on my way out of the party so well after midnight!

Wow. So the parade viewing for real is way down by the hub? This is much different than the Tony’s event during MVMCP last year. Our parade viewing was right outside Tony’s at the flagpole. It was an easy exit from Tony’s to get to the parade viewing area. I guess the only good thing is at least you are in the hub if you want to make a quick exit to get to the rides or other character m&g.
To be honest with you, I don't think she knew what she was talking about because in the second video the young lady called it "the island thingy" :rotfl2:
And if you watched the entire second video the view was from the flag pole area.

Anyone see any pics of videos of the fireworks from further back spots, such as the TTC or Poly. Just trying to study the perimeter shots.

Hallowishes used 8 "extra" launch points surrounding the MK to create what most will call the "180 degree" fireworks (in addition to the 'regular' launch points on/around the castle and the main launch point 'behind' the MK).

I can see at least 4 'extra' launch points in the videos I've seen from last night, but they're all too close to the castle/zoomed in to see the full skyline. Seemed like they were being used at various parts throughout the show, not just the ending like Hallowishes.

Tried not to watch any but couldn't help it. :-)

What I heard is no perimeter fireworks for the next few years due to Tron construction. They’re using some extra launch sites not used for HEA, but they’re mostly behind the castle as opposed to around the perimeter. Thinking of cancelling my dessert party reservations. I’m kind of uncomfortable in crowds and that was the only reason I paid for the parties. Without perimeter fireworks it isn’t as important to me to be in the hub. I’m not interested in the projections and the Jack puppet doesn’t look as impressive or as integral to the show as Disneyland’s flying Zero and Jack head. My usual, uncrowded spot in Fantasyland should be good for me, but I’d love to hear from those who have been how the reduced launch sites look. Maybe you can convince me to change my mind.

Is there a dance party in Starlight Cafe? I’ve seen a Descendants thing mentioned on some fan sites, but nothing from any official Disney channels. I’d prefer watching Sonny Eclipse while enjoying a Lotso burger.

Every time I read that as Tower of Terror and have to remind myself it's trick or treat in here! Glad I'm not the only one!

I'm thinking titles associated with the word "of" are abbreviated as follows:
PoC = Pirates of Caribbean
CoP = Carousel of Progress
ToT = Tower of Terror
SotMKC = Sorcrerer of the Magic Kingdom Card
Thus trick or treat = TOT

:laughing: Idk! Does this work for everyone?

Is there a dance party in Starlight Cafe? I’ve seen a Descendants thing mentioned on some fan sites, but nothing from any official Disney channels. I’d prefer watching Sonny Eclipse while enjoying a Lotso burger.
I believe it is. I've seen posts of people stating it was crowded in there but it was from people eating. That Lotso burger is too cute! Nice touch Disney!

The one we attended last June did have both dessert parties and I still felt like last night was much fuller. Obviously that can vary from party to party.
We went right from the viewing area to Frontierland to watch the 2nd parade and trick or treated after that. Because the 2nd parade started a little late, we didn’t have as much time as I was hoping afterwards.
All of the trick or treat lines were really long to start with but as the night went on, we were able to cruise through several lines more than once.
Good to know, thanks!
You did exactly my plan....dessert party to Frontierland for the second parade... wondering if there was an issue going to Frontierland after the dessert party and if you went through the hub or around the back of the castle? TIA!

I don't see an "after" dessert party being offered so if there is just the regular dessert party being offered does that mean they are doubling the size of the one party or will the crowd in plaza garden actually be smaller?

To be honest with you, I don't think she knew what she was talking about because in the second video the young lady called it "the island thingy" :rotfl2:
And if you watched the entire second video the view was from the flag pole area.
I watched Craig's (DIS) parade video and I'm pretty sure it was taken from the "Island thing" :rotfl:maybe it was just a special thing since it was also media night? To be honest, I didn't watch the second video.....

Quick report that we had a great time at the party last night
We were worn flat out so we didn't do tons
A little truck or treating
Lots of drinking at Cruella party though, lol
We thought the crowds were quite low for it being "the blogger party"
I did see their samples table set up on the Casey garden area. Special lighting in place for good photos, etc
Loved the parade chafers and the fireworks. Castle projections were amazing.
Poor float for Ms Incredible broke down during first parade. Had to call out a tow truck (sorry if old new)

Quick report that we had a great time at the party last night
We were worn flat out so we didn't do tons
A little truck or treating
Lots of drinking at Cruella party though, lol
We thought the crowds were quite low for it being "the blogger party"
I did see their samples table set up on the Casey garden area. Special lighting in place for good photos, etc
Loved the parade chafers and the fireworks. Castle projections were amazing.
Poor float for Ms Incredible broke down during first parade. Had to call out a tow truck (sorry if old new)

Hey beautiful! Thanks for the report! I thought I saw a glimpse of you at Cruella's on the: VIDEO I posted! This is you right?!
Oh, look out! We got a famous DISer on board! :goodvibes

Can you settle something, is the parade viewing at the flag pole?
Thanks buddy!

I don't see an "after" dessert party being offered so if there is just the regular dessert party being offered does that mean they are doubling the size of the one party or will the crowd in plaza garden actually be smaller?

There are only TWO dessert parties being offered during MNSSHP
Terrace and Plaza
As for which will be more crowded Idk. Maybe some one else can chime in.

Good to know, thanks!
You did exactly my plan....dessert party to Frontierland for the second parade... wondering if there was an issue going to Frontierland after the dessert party and if you went through the hub or around the back of the castle? TIA!
We went through the hub and once we broke free from the initial crowds all going different ways, it wasn’t very crowded on the walk over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter