"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for something for men

Hmm, I'd still recommend spiral steel over straight and encourage you to consider a having a back up plan. Men's corsets tend to be shorter in the torso, so you'd be better off on rides, but just as hot. As far as costuming, I've always considered Dr. Facilier's top very close to a corset. Also, Ratcliff's vest & John Smith's top would have functioned that same way. (I worked with some costuming at Colonial Williamsburg those vests were stiffer than a lot of corsets I know.)

Hmm, I'd still recommend spiral steel over straight and encourage you to consider a having a back up plan. Men's corsets tend to be shorter in the torso, so you'd be better off on rides, but just as hot. As far as costuming, I've always considered Dr. Facilier's top very close to a corset. Also, Ratcliff's vest & John Smith's top would have functioned that same way. (I worked with some costuming at Colonial Williamsburg those vests were stiffer than a lot of corsets I know.)
there are the one I am looking at https://www.orchardcorset.com/products/steel-boned-underbust-corset-in-leather-cs-411 or https://www.orchardcorset.com/products/steel-boned-underbust-corset-in-leather-cs-305

Last edited:

Both of those are waist trainers, with flat and spiral steel. They're designed to take several inches off your waist. These will not be the most comfortable option for a night at the parks. but, they will give the most dramatic look. You will need to season them - wear them at gradually increasing levels of tightness starting with a short period of time. Buying one of those and wearing it for the first time at the park would be a bad choice. They're both leather, so hot and sweaty but amazing looking. Do remember to wear a cotton corset sleeve underneath.

This would be a more comfortable (but less pretty) choice: https://www.orchardcorset.com/products/steel-boned-underbust-waspie-mesh-corset-cs-201
Corset sleeve (if you aren't wearing a smooth cotton shirt under your leather corset): https://www.orchardcorset.com/products/seamless-bamboo-corset-liner?options=black
Cotton option: https://www.orchardcorset.com/produ...ze-steel-boned-underbust-cotton-corset-cs-411

Signed, owning corsets for 15 years make me loquacious. sorry.

il_794xN.1584829016_5y41.jpg

Would something like this be allowed? I dearly want to go as a dragon.

Yes! My wings were bigger than that. Also last year I saw a boy with inflatable dragon wings that 'grew' to be bigger than that. You might need to be 100% sure the tail doesn't reach the ground, but otherwise you're good to go. (and I'm incredibly jealous)

I have tickets for Tuesday 24 September, I’m considering calling to move to Sunday 22.

But I’m wondering which is going to be less crowded?
I’ve read cheaper party’s Disney expect will be less busy and Sunday 22 is the last $79 date, Tuesday 24 is $85.
But I’ve also read Tuesday’s are less busy than sundays.
Will they really be that different?

We have gone the last 2 years - in 2017 we went on a Tuesday, and in 2018 we went on a Friday. Both times in Mid-September and I honestly don't think the crowds were any different either time.

Believe me, you have nothing to worry about with this. I saw many, many costumes that clearly violated Disney's policy and was told they don't worry about it unless it becomes an issue. Not sure what it takes to become an issue, but it definitely has nothing to do with the rules.

I have tickets for Tuesday 24 September, I’m considering calling to move to Sunday 22.

But I’m wondering which is going to be less crowded?
I’ve read cheaper party’s Disney expect will be less busy and Sunday 22 is the last $79 date, Tuesday 24 is $85.
But I’ve also read Tuesday’s are less busy than sundays.
Will they really be that different?

Yes, they can be, but predicting it is really difficult.

@Cluelyss re: dessert party with garden viewing. I am trying to book dessert party online with the garden plaza viewing (not the more expensive one in tomorrowland terrace). Did you call or could you book online? I'm looking to book for the first party night. TIA

Has there been any new information regarding dessert parties with parade viewing?

No, none of the dessert party options are offering parade viewing.

I keep expecting them to announce a Tony’s or similar dining package with parade viewing like they did for MVMCP last year, but so far nothing has materialized.

I am so excited about the new fireworks! Now if they could just announce a Tony’s parade viewing package like they did for the Christmas parties, I will gladly throw even more of my money at Disney lol

ETA: One of my all-time favorite Disney Halloween cartoons is their Trick Or Treat cartoon from the 50’s (the one with Huey, Dewey and Louie). I am hoping that gets included in the new fireworks show...the song to that is so good!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter