"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is an intriguing idea! Anyone tried this for MNSSHP?

I've seen this scenario more than one party so there's always the possibility. It's never a gurantee but at least a 50/50 shot. We typically set up shop for the parade near there so I always take a peak to feed my curiosity to see how the line is during that time and near the end of parties. We've met them when they use to be at the front of the park and there in Liberty SQ 3 years ago, so we don't have the desire to do it again. When we did it 3 years ago, there was no DVC early entry and we got in the park around 4ish and beelined there and was maybe the 10th group back. I think they came out at 6 or a bit earlier if I recall. We did exactly as another suggested and traded off the kids while I waited in line. As long as you don't add more to your party, or take a million pics when it's your turn we've never had an issue with others doing it that way.

If it was me, I'd still shoot for going directly there at 4. If you can be one of the first 20 or so in line I'd have everyone get in line and then have one bite the bullet while the other takes the kid to occupy them and keep them cool. I brought my phone and read and was perfectly content with sunscreen (minimal shade areas). If when you get there it looks to be about an hour or so wait already in line I'd have a backup plan of doing rides with fast passes and trying again during first parade, and or near the end of the night (check when they close the line though, it will be well earlier than midnight) . All 3 might not work but gives you options and or opportunities to decide. If you do get the chance, it will be worth it. Both are a great meet with lots of good interactions.

Jack and Sally always seemed to have longest lines of any character there. I wonder if they will have anyone knew this year. I wish they would put more villains out likes Hades or Captain Hook.

If you're a Capt Hook fan, I'd recommend doing a Disney Cruise. We just did a MDAS cruise a couple of months ago and met Capt Hook and Smee multiple times along with tons of other characters.

Jack and Sally always seemed to have longest lines of any character there. I wonder if they will have anyone knew this year. I wish they would put more villains out likes Hades or Captain Hook.

Right!?!

Disneyland sure puts WDW to shame, here's their 2018 character line up:
  • Tightrop walker and Constance Hatchaway (from Haunted Mansion)
  • Jack & Sally
  • Winnie the Pooh & Friends
  • Disney Pirate Pals (Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, Jack, and Redd)
  • Mickey and Minnie
  • Disney Villains (Maleficent, Evil Queen, Hades, Lady Tremain, Wicked Step Sisters, Jafar, Queen of Hearts, Ratcliffe, and Cruella de Vil)
  • Disney Princesses
  • Star Wars characters
  • Friends from The Jungle (Baloo, King Louie, and Terk)
Even though we got Cruella last year she didn't even have a meet & greet location. She wandered around and the reviews were lacking compared to a set location. :sad2:

I could only get a ADR at Crystal Palace at 3.55pm on our party night (Aug 20). We won't be using a day ticket; would they let us in 5 minutes early for our reservation? Wondering if I should just cancel it or book Liberty Tree Tavern instead.

Yes. I've always made our dining reservations for 3:30-3:50 on party nights, this year is no exception and have never had an issue getting in. Your magicband will have all the info CM's need to get you through the gate.

Right!?!

Disneyland sure puts WDW to shame, here's their 2018 character line up:
  • Tightrop walker and Constance Hatchaway (from Haunted Mansion)
  • Jack & Sally
  • Winnie the Pooh & Friends
  • Disney Pirate Pals (Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, Jack, and Redd)
  • Mickey and Minnie
  • Disney Villains (Maleficent, Evil Queen, Hades, Lady Tremain, Wicked Step Sisters, Jafar, Queen of Hearts, Ratcliffe, and Cruella de Vil)
  • Disney Princesses
  • Star Wars characters
  • Friends from The Jungle (Baloo, King Louie, and Terk)
Even though we got Cruella last year she didn't even have a meet & greet location. She wandered around and the reviews were lacking compared to a set location. :sad2:
Those are some top notch characters for a Halloween party

@eco-muse

This is such a beautiful set up. Nice job! :love:

I'm not computer savvy but if there was a way links could be added to showcase trip reports etc. I'd be all over it, or at least have my hubby do it for me! ::yes::

I could probably throw together something like this for other people, but I don't think links could be included (though that depends on how much code the signature permits).

I maybe be looking at going to mickeys halloween party and use a costume I am thinking of going as skeleton
1) I am also looking to have a tight corset on under costume or on show
2)what of other ideas I can go as but will still be looking at corset
3) what are policy about using costumes in the park at Mickey's not so scary Halloween party

Last edited:
I maybe be looking at going to mickeys halloween party and use a costume I am thinking of going as skeleton
3) what are policy about using costumes in the park at Mickey's not so scary Halloween party

There's a link located right here, feel free to use it. :flower3:

upload_2019-4-20_20-47-3.png

I've seen this scenario more than one party so there's always the possibility. It's never a gurantee but at least a 50/50 shot. We typically set up shop for the parade near there so I always take a peak to feed my curiosity to see how the line is during that time and near the end of parties. We've met them when they use to be at the front of the park and there in Liberty SQ 3 years ago, so we don't have the desire to do it again. When we did it 3 years ago, there was no DVC early entry and we got in the park around 4ish and beelined there and was maybe the 10th group back. I think they came out at 6 or a bit earlier if I recall. We did exactly as another suggested and traded off the kids while I waited in line. As long as you don't add more to your party, or take a million pics when it's your turn we've never had an issue with others doing it that way.

If it was me, I'd still shoot for going directly there at 4. If you can be one of the first 20 or so in line I'd have everyone get in line and then have one bite the bullet while the other takes the kid to occupy them and keep them cool. I brought my phone and read and was perfectly content with sunscreen (minimal shade areas). If when you get there it looks to be about an hour or so wait already in line I'd have a backup plan of doing rides with fast passes and trying again during first parade, and or near the end of the night (check when they close the line though, it will be well earlier than midnight) . All 3 might not work but gives you options and or opportunities to decide. If you do get the chance, it will be worth it. Both are a great meet with lots of good interactions.
Thank you RJstansis!

I'm not sure if you're going with a steel boned over the bust or a waspie. I wore a steel boned over the bust corset for my fairy costume (it held my wings). I was not able to move/sit properly with restraints on a lot of rides. PotC was a great example of ride that I could sit on but getting on to or out of was a bit of a challenge. (Note: I wasn't tight laced. My waist training corset takes off 8 inches, this was more like 2 inches.) Consider if rides or looks are your priority. After 2 hours of amazingly beautiful once in a life time photos I bought some Mickey wear and rented a locker to tuck my pretty things away and enjoy myself. I do believe I was the first ever "wing check" at guest services. :P

If you're thinking waspie you could do pirate, generic princess. Princess Aurora (in the woods), Queen of Hearts, Tinkerbelle, and Ursula would be over-the-bust. Another warning from one corset wearer to another - you will need a cotton chemise or corset sleeve underneath. Disney gets *very* hot and sweaty even after dark. We saw 82' at midnight last year.

@Katie Dawn I wanted to chime in a bit on the J&S meet. I last went to the party in 2017 so I'm sure things could have changed, but I was in line by 3:20 for the Halloween party. They actually let us in around 3:45pm that year so I was able to get my band, go through the bypass and get in line for J&S and was about 7 in line. My friend was actually meeting me there, but had a lot of trouble getting to MK from the resort and was later than expected and missed the meet. Actually if you visit the itinerary thread from 2017 I give a detailed account of my plan and what I was able to accomplish, but I was done with J&S by 5:17pm so that left the whole night to do other things.

Well this is an intriguing idea! Anyone tried this for MNSSHP?

Not for J&S, but we lucked into this for the Seven Dwarfs at MNSSHP. We just happened to be in New Fantasyland during the first parade. We met Cruella, Pirate Goofy, 7D, Minnie, and Daisy all in about 30 minutes - plus rode Barnstormer twice. Three of those characters we just walked up to, and were one of maybe 4-5 families in the 7D line.

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

As DH & I got J&S in 2017, we did not repeat in 2018. However, my niece is coming this year instead of DH and she wants to meet EVERYBODY.

Since they are in a new location now (assuming same location as 2018), I will need a new plan.

Reading the first page I see...
2018: Jack & Sally reported as meeting at 4pm, received wristbands in line, M&G in Town Square Theater

Does this mean that CMs were doing party bands for those already waiting in line @ J&S?

If CMs DO hand out the party bands for those waiting in J&S line, that would be awesome as we would be able to line up sooner (typically we grab our party bands at Tortuga or Fantasyland since we are always already in the park).

Another question, do they hand out party bands in the bypass area as well?

Thanks.

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

As DH & I got J&S in 2017, we did not repeat in 2018. However, my niece is coming this year instead of DH and she wants to meet EVERYBODY.

Since they are in a new location now (assuming same location as 2018), I will need a new plan.

Reading the first page I see...
2018: Jack & Sally reported as meeting at 4pm, received wristbands in line, M&G in Town Square Theater

Does this mean that CMs were doing party bands for those already waiting in line @ J&S?

If CMs DO hand out the party bands for those waiting in J&S line, that would be awesome as we would be able to line up sooner (typically we grab our party bands at Tortuga or Fantasyland since we are always already in the park).

Another question, do they hand out party bands in the bypass area as well?

Thanks.
The CMs scan your band/card before even letting you in the J&S line to ensure you have a MNSSHP ticket. After the line starts forming, the CMs start at the front of the line and rescan every band/card and put the wristbands on you. It was a very easy process and much better than holding a space in line to go back and forth.

I don't think there is wristband distribution by the bypass. The traffic is really only one way and the CMs check for the wristbands before letting you through the bypass.

That sounds so much easier. Let's hope they stick with that setup again this year.

Thanks PolyRob!

That sounds so much easier. Let's hope they stick with that setup again this year.

Thanks PolyRob!
Definitely! I went the week it changed last year so I kept watching the thread for updates. MVMCP was the same since the first party so hopefully it continues for both :)

I'm not sure if you're going with a steel boned over the bust or a waspie. I wore a steel boned over the bust corset for my fairy costume (it held my wings). I was not able to move/sit properly with restraints on a lot of rides. PotC was a great example of ride that I could sit on but getting on to or out of was a bit of a challenge. (Note: I wasn't tight laced. My waist training corset takes off 8 inches, this was more like 2 inches.) Consider if rides or looks are your priority. After 2 hours of amazingly beautiful once in a life time photos I bought some Mickey wear and rented a locker to tuck my pretty things away and enjoy myself. I do believe I was the first ever "wing check" at guest services. :P

If you're thinking waspie you could do pirate, generic princess. Princess Aurora (in the woods), Queen of Hearts, Tinkerbelle, and Ursula would be over-the-bust. Another warning from one corset wearer to another - you will need a cotton chemise or corset sleeve underneath. Disney gets *very* hot and sweaty even after dark. We saw 82' at midnight last year.
I am looking for something for men

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter