"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
December 12
Dh and I
Things are little all over the place because of the rain
  • Went through bypass for our first cookie. No photo pass photographers because it was raining. Got two photo pass pictures in Tomorrowland Terrace.
  • Tried to get in line for Nick and Judy at 5:30 pm, but there was no line because of the rain. We asked someone in the Buzz gift shop and she said she wasn’t sure when they would come out. She guessed it would be 7 pm so we left and decided to come back later.
  • Ate dinner at Cosmic Ray’s since it was raining and not yet time for the party to start.
  • Walked over to ask about Santa Goofy. They said he would meet, but they weren’t exactly sure where because of the rain. We were feeling pretty bummed at this point and weren’t sure what we would be able to get done.
  • It was getting close to 6:30 pm so we walked back to Carousel of Progress to see if Nick and Judy were out and they were. There was a short line that only took about 5-10 minutes. This was our first time meeting them and they were really fun! There wasn't a photo pass photographer so we had to use our phone. It actually worked better because I think the CM took about 20 pictures of us lol.
  • We walked back to Santa Goofy and they still weren’t sure where he would be meeting. He came out a little after 7 pm and they put him to the left of the train station over by the dance party. This was about a 10 minute wait.
  • Got pretzels by where the dwarves meet. Those pretzels were the best snack ever. I liked having these as an option compared to just cookies.
  • Rode Tea Cups then did People Mover and Laugh Floor. We also stopped at the two treat spots in Tomorrowland. Neither of them had a long line.
  • Around this time we noticed the Hub was really busy so we went around the park to get to the other side (through Fantasyland). We wanted the Gingerbread Sundae, but we were both too full so we skipped it.
  • We did all of the treat trails in Frontierland and Adventureland except Miner’s Cove. One thing I want to point out is that I was told the Go-Go Squeeze at Diamond Horseshoe is only for allergies. I love that applesauce and she was nice enough to give me one, but she kind of gave me a weird look.
  • We rode pirates at about 8:50 pm. It said a 10 minute wait, but I’m not sure if it was even that long. By the time we got off it said 40 minutes!
  • We got more pretzels from Tortuga Tavern then headed to Sunshine Tree Terrace for the Orange Bird Dessert. Dh said he really liked it. I hated it. I thought it tasted like orange cleaning spray.
  • We went to get a spot for fireworks around 9:15 pm, but they made an announcement about the stage show being delayed from rain so we thought maybe we’d wander. There wasn’t a huge crowd anyway. We walked down Main St. and got a photo pass picture in front of the castle. We got back to the Hub pretty close to 10 and were able to get a good spot on the fence to the right and back of the partner statue. We were probably there at 9:45 pm with no one behind us, but it filled in pretty quickly. The rain stopped pretty much right before the fireworks were supposed to start.
  • I thought the firework show was awesome! This was our first MVMCP so I don’t have anything to compare it to. Normally, I’m a sucker for the projections, but I really enjoyed this one being more fireworks since it’s all Christmas music anyway.
  • We went down Main St. after the fireworks and got a spot for the parade on the curb. I think we got our spot at like 10:20 or so. I can’t really remember. We don’t wear ponchos so didn’t have anything to sit on. I walked into the confectionary and the cashier gave me two plastic bags for us to sit on. Our spot on the curb had a lamp post which was perfect for me because I’ve been having back issues. I leaned up against it while we waited (standing because I have tailbone pain). Dh sat on the curb. People started filling in behind us at around 10:40 pm. Some people were a little rude and kept trying to scooch in closer. That’s where the lamppost was a life saver for me. No one could stand directly behind me. We put our backpack and umbrellas on the ground behind Dh just to give him a little space. People still kept scooting closer and kicking our stuff. He also said the guy next to him on the curb kept inching closer and closer (for no reason because they had tons of room on their other side). I’m not sure what was up with that. Dh was getting pretty upset and just wanted to leave at this point. He hates waiting around for parades and fireworks.
  • Once the parade actually started it, we decided all of that waiting was worth it. You get FANTASTIC interactions by being in the front on Main St. We had so many characters come up to us and interact with us. I could tell Dh was enjoying himself, although I don’t think he would wait for it again. I can’t decide if I liked this parade more or the MNSSHP parade. We aren’t huge parade people anyway, but I think the snoap and the overall Christmas atmosphere makes this one a winner for me.
  • The last thing we did was meet Mickey. I think it said a 10 minute wait, but it was more like 5. We were going to meet Jack and Sally after (25-30 minute wait), but people were sitting on the floor and it looked like they had been there awhile so we decided to leave. We met them at MNSSHP so it wasn’t a big deal to see them again. We got a picture in front of the train station and then took the ferry back to our car.

The rain obviously put a huge damper on the night. I do think it helped thin out the crowds and make it so the party didn’t sell out. I thought it would rain off and on, but it was a continuous rain from 5-10 pm. I really enjoyed the fireworks and parade. I don’t think I would pay for a dessert party, though. We hit every treat spot except Miner’s Cove. We took the majority of the cookies home with us. My favorite cookie is the peppermint one and Dh said he likes Snickerdoodle. The hot cocoa was delicious. It was hot every time we got it and very rich which I loved. The apple cider was essentially apple juice lol. I didn’t like the strawberry Fanta, but Dh did. Obviously, the pretzel was the best thing. We ate far too many of them. We weren’t able to ride the Speedway or Space because I’m pregnant, but saw both from People Mover. Space looked really cool, probably the best overlay at WDW I’ve seen.

Overall, we had a fun night even with the rain. We probably won’t go again until the baby is older. That way things might be new and different to us. The rain for sure helped our crowds out. I never once felt like it was crowded anywhere in the park.

Was the parade modified for the rain? Tuesday looks worse every day, trying to figure out what they'll do. It looks like the rain didn't interfere with the fireworks much.

Was the parade modified for the rain? Tuesday looks worse every day, trying to figure out what they'll do. It looks like the rain didn't interfere with the fireworks much.
The rain stopped a little before 10 and the parade was at 11 so I don’t think anything was modified. I’ve never seen it before so I’m not positive but everything seemed pretty normal to me. I’m not sure if the first parade even happened

The rain stopped a little before 10 and the parade was at 11 so I don’t think anything was modified. I’ve never seen it before so I’m not positive but everything seemed pretty normal to me. I’m not sure if the first parade even happened
I didn't realize I already asked you. Sorry, today was my HS day and I've been up since 6.

This is the only time in my life when I'll be financially stable enough to do a Christmas Party. Disney itself is already a big ask. So I'm a bit desperate for any good news that my one chance to see the party entertainment won't be ruined on Tuesday.

I didn't realize I already asked you. Sorry, today was my HS day and I've been up since 6.

This is the only time in my life when I'll be financially stable enough to do a Christmas Party. Disney itself is already a big ask. So I'm a bit desperate for any good news that my one chance to see the party entertainment won't be ruined on Tuesday.
If you already asked me I didn’t even realize it haha. I think it depends how bad you want to go. If it’s a complete crapshoot and both fireworks and the parade are cancelled you can ask for a refund. I know it says weather permitting but usually disney is pretty good about making their customers happy. The problem with florida weather is you honestly won’t know until last minute. It can change at any second.

Well I just watched the Orlando weather and it looks like thunderstorms around 9pm to 11pm. It was red over Disney on the radar

From like 7-9 just showers.

I’m still debating on buying for Tuesday myself.

The first parade on Thursday was canceled after multiple announcements of delays due to the pouring rain. Water was running down the street & the crowds waiting in rain ponchos had water pouring off them. We were one of those very wet , people that stood in the rain waiting.
It was finally announced to be cancelled.
After the cancellation announcement we went to the customer service line & waited in the rain with lots more people. The line moved at a snails pace ... but about 10:30 we finally received a refund for the rainy party.
We spent the party waiting in the rain for a parade & in a line for a refund.

Last edited:
I thought these parties were rain or shine and no refunds?
I only know that the ones of us in line requesting a refund due to the rained out parade either got to go to the next nights party, a 1 day ticket or a refund. Only by waiting in that line over a hour did you get that.

FWIW:
Here are the rides we did this year across 3 parties:

My First Party - 11/12 (Solo Trip)(Entered the park around 5:15pm)

BTMR (5 min wait)
Splash (5 min wait)
Peoplemover
Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain (10 min wait)
Peter Pan (20 min wait)
Jingle Cruise (5 min wait, end of night)

Sections of the park felt empty as the night went on. The hub was never empty or light on crowds, it always seemed:):) packed. I left around 11:45pm. I wasn't focused on rides or meet and greets. I just wanted to tour the park and take it all in.

Second Party - 12/8 (Party of 4)(entered the park shortly after 6pm)

BTMR (5 min wait)
Splash x 2 (walk on both times)
Haunted Mansion (5 min wait)
Pooh (10 min wait)
Dumbo (walk on)
Goofy's Barnstormer (walk on)
Little Mermaid ride
SDMT x 2 (20-25 min wait for the first ride. Pixie Dust for the second)
Peoplemover
Jack and Sally meet and greet (20 min wait)
Peter Pan (20 min wait)

It didn't seem that the crowds thinned too much towards the end of the night. We left the park after midnight.

Third Party - 12/13 (Party of 5)(Entered the park just after 4pm)

Splash (5 min wait)
BTMR (5 min wait)
Haunted Mansion (5 min wait)
Pirates
Little Mermaid ride
Belle meet and greet (20 min wait)
Jasmine and Genie meet and greet (15 min wait)
Pooh (10 min wait)
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (10 min wait)
Space Mountain (25 min wait)
SDMT (25 min wait)
Peter Pan (20 min wait)
We jumped on the queue for Jingle Cruise but the line was not moving and it looked pretty long at 11:30pm and decided to just leave.

We snagged 63 cookies between the 5 of us on 12/13. I didn't keep track on the other nights.

The 2 sold out parties understandably felt way more crowded than the 11/12 party I attended.

The parties were a great value for our family and would definitely recommend them if they fit into your touring plans. :)

A little delayed, but I am here to report about my MVMCP experience from 12/12.

It had been raining on/off the whole day and I did not want to be at a miserable party. I had a BoG ADR at 5pm so my family and I put our ponchos on and walked through MK to get there. By the time we entered the park everything was wet and there were no bypass photographers out. Our feet were soaked at dinner and we discussed and agreed if it was still raining after dinner we were leaving MK. We saw people entering BoG with ponchos around 6:30pm so I headed straight for guest relations. Waited about 20/25 minutes and explained we didn't know what our options were because of the weather. The CM was very friendly and checked when we had entered MK. She said while tickets are non-refundable, we could either switch our night or get a full credit back to a Disney GC. I took the GC since that is how I originally paid, cut everyones gray MVMCP bands off, and headed straight for the resort monorail. I paid off my room balance with the GC when I got back to Poly, dried off, and ended up getting drinks and watching the fireworks from the Tambu lounge. Not the same, but I was happy to get my money back and stay dry. I can always try for MVMCP again next year! People in line were waiting to buy tickets so it didn't discourage everyone!

What is the latest they would delay the fireworks? It looks really bad tomorrow night

What is the latest they would delay the fireworks? It looks really bad tomorrow night

Yeah just watched the local forecast. It’s not that it’s terrible terrible rain all night. It’s just literally passing though from 6ish to midnight lol. Exact party times. Part of me is like “ well crowds will be light “ then the other part of me is like “ I hate ponchos and don’t wanna stand in the rain “

I doubt they would cancel the fireworks. The parade in the other hand, maybe.

Damn weather.

December 12
Dh and I
Things are little all over the place because of the rain
  • Went through bypass for our first cookie. No photo pass photographers because it was raining. Got two photo pass pictures in Tomorrowland Terrace.
  • Tried to get in line for Nick and Judy at 5:30 pm, but there was no line because of the rain. We asked someone in the Buzz gift shop and she said she wasn’t sure when they would come out. She guessed it would be 7 pm so we left and decided to come back later.
  • Ate dinner at Cosmic Ray’s since it was raining and not yet time for the party to start.
  • Walked over to ask about Santa Goofy. They said he would meet, but they weren’t exactly sure where because of the rain. We were feeling pretty bummed at this point and weren’t sure what we would be able to get done.
  • It was getting close to 6:30 pm so we walked back to Carousel of Progress to see if Nick and Judy were out and they were. There was a short line that only took about 5-10 minutes. This was our first time meeting them and they were really fun! There wasn't a photo pass photographer so we had to use our phone. It actually worked better because I think the CM took about 20 pictures of us lol.
  • We walked back to Santa Goofy and they still weren’t sure where he would be meeting. He came out a little after 7 pm and they put him to the left of the train station over by the dance party. This was about a 10 minute wait.
  • Got pretzels by where the dwarves meet. Those pretzels were the best snack ever. I liked having these as an option compared to just cookies.
  • Rode Tea Cups then did People Mover and Laugh Floor. We also stopped at the two treat spots in Tomorrowland. Neither of them had a long line.
  • Around this time we noticed the Hub was really busy so we went around the park to get to the other side (through Fantasyland). We wanted the Gingerbread Sundae, but we were both too full so we skipped it.
  • We did all of the treat trails in Frontierland and Adventureland except Miner’s Cove. One thing I want to point out is that I was told the Go-Go Squeeze at Diamond Horseshoe is only for allergies. I love that applesauce and she was nice enough to give me one, but she kind of gave me a weird look.
  • We rode pirates at about 8:50 pm. It said a 10 minute wait, but I’m not sure if it was even that long. By the time we got off it said 40 minutes!
  • We got more pretzels from Tortuga Tavern then headed to Sunshine Tree Terrace for the Orange Bird Dessert. Dh said he really liked it. I hated it. I thought it tasted like orange cleaning spray.
  • We went to get a spot for fireworks around 9:15 pm, but they made an announcement about the stage show being delayed from rain so we thought maybe we’d wander. There wasn’t a huge crowd anyway. We walked down Main St. and got a photo pass picture in front of the castle. We got back to the Hub pretty close to 10 and were able to get a good spot on the fence to the right and back of the partner statue. We were probably there at 9:45 pm with no one behind us, but it filled in pretty quickly. The rain stopped pretty much right before the fireworks were supposed to start.
  • I thought the firework show was awesome! This was our first MVMCP so I don’t have anything to compare it to. Normally, I’m a sucker for the projections, but I really enjoyed this one being more fireworks since it’s all Christmas music anyway.
  • We went down Main St. after the fireworks and got a spot for the parade on the curb. I think we got our spot at like 10:20 or so. I can’t really remember. We don’t wear ponchos so didn’t have anything to sit on. I walked into the confectionary and the cashier gave me two plastic bags for us to sit on. Our spot on the curb had a lamp post which was perfect for me because I’ve been having back issues. I leaned up against it while we waited (standing because I have tailbone pain). Dh sat on the curb. People started filling in behind us at around 10:40 pm. Some people were a little rude and kept trying to scooch in closer. That’s where the lamppost was a life saver for me. No one could stand directly behind me. We put our backpack and umbrellas on the ground behind Dh just to give him a little space. People still kept scooting closer and kicking our stuff. He also said the guy next to him on the curb kept inching closer and closer (for no reason because they had tons of room on their other side). I’m not sure what was up with that. Dh was getting pretty upset and just wanted to leave at this point. He hates waiting around for parades and fireworks.
  • Once the parade actually started it, we decided all of that waiting was worth it. You get FANTASTIC interactions by being in the front on Main St. We had so many characters come up to us and interact with us. I could tell Dh was enjoying himself, although I don’t think he would wait for it again. I can’t decide if I liked this parade more or the MNSSHP parade. We aren’t huge parade people anyway, but I think the snoap and the overall Christmas atmosphere makes this one a winner for me.
  • The last thing we did was meet Mickey. I think it said a 10 minute wait, but it was more like 5. We were going to meet Jack and Sally after (25-30 minute wait), but people were sitting on the floor and it looked like they had been there awhile so we decided to leave. We met them at MNSSHP so it wasn’t a big deal to see them again. We got a picture in front of the train station and then took the ferry back to our car.

The rain obviously put a huge damper on the night. I do think it helped thin out the crowds and make it so the party didn’t sell out. I thought it would rain off and on, but it was a continuous rain from 5-10 pm. I really enjoyed the fireworks and parade. I don’t think I would pay for a dessert party, though. We hit every treat spot except Miner’s Cove. We took the majority of the cookies home with us. My favorite cookie is the peppermint one and Dh said he likes Snickerdoodle. The hot cocoa was delicious. It was hot every time we got it and very rich which I loved. The apple cider was essentially apple juice lol. I didn’t like the strawberry Fanta, but Dh did. Obviously, the pretzel was the best thing. We ate far too many of them. We weren’t able to ride the Speedway or Space because I’m pregnant, but saw both from People Mover. Space looked really cool, probably the best overlay at WDW I’ve seen.

Overall, we had a fun night even with the rain. We probably won’t go again until the baby is older. That way things might be new and different to us. The rain for sure helped our crowds out. I never once felt like it was crowded anywhere in the park.
Glad you were able to make the most of the night with the poor weather! Great pics!! :)

Over in the 7 Dwarves Line. Got here about 5 line was surprisingly not bad yet. Worried that part of the reason we got the castle reservations in the first place might get rained out

Hi :sunny:,itty bitty question for you fellow disney lovers. Do I read correctly that the tickets for the party are non transferrable? As I do have the option on My MdX to do so, I was wondering. I have tickets for the 12.22 party and will not be able to attend. I don't really get what would be the logic behind this, why tickets would have to go to waste instead of making someone else happy? I called a couple weeks back to ask about an eventual refund due to circumstances (not weather)but that was a big fat no after waiting 20min over the phone and hearing tickets are non refundable, what I already knew but as sometimes magic happens. Anyway, as they cannot be sold either, I guess I am just gonna cringe🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter