"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to my first MVMCP in December.
What time does Mickey in Christmas outfit start to meet?

When should I start to get in line for Mickey in Christmas outfit and Sandy Claws and Sally?
Mickey will start meeting in christmas attire at 7. We like watching the 2nd parade near the train station then heading to his M&G. We’ve never found the wait to be terrible later in the evening.

Jack and Sally need to be your priority. At MNSSHP they start meeting at 4:30 and the line will form around 3. Keep an eye on this thread during the first few parties to see if that continues at MVMCP.

Have fun!!

I am considering I’m getting tickets Dec 22. We fly in at 4:00 and should be at Hotel about 5-530 I’d guess.

this is last minute but can you confirm if I need to have a normal ticket too or just this one?

ive been so worried about crowds the week of Christmas that this maybe worth purchasing.

I am considering I’m getting tickets Dec 22. We fly in at 4:00 and should be at Hotel about 5-530 I’d guess.

this is last minute but can you confirm if I need to have a normal ticket too or just this one?

ive been so worried about crowds the week of Christmas that this maybe worth purchasing.
Just this ticket, you don't need a regular ticket also. The last one will likely sell out, and ahead of time, so unfortunately I would say if you decide you want to go buy your tickets right away, you won't be able to wait and make a decision as it gets closer or even the day of. The downside is if your flight is delayed for some reason. Even with that risk, I would do it! Not only because of crowds, but it's also a very cool event, particularly if you haven't done it before. It;s a great Christms atmosphere.

My one worry was flight.
Yep, I agree, a risk for sure. Normally I always recommend against anything on arrival night, for that very reason. However, in your case it's either then or don't go, and it will sell out, so it's tougher. FWIW, we are going on our arrival night Dec 8th, and went to the first MNSSHP on our arrival night. Those were the only choice for MNSSHP and the one that worked best for our schedule for MNSSHP. Our flights arrived (arrive) a little before noon though, so we have a little wiggle room. If I were you I would do it and then have to worry about the flights, my DH might be a little more prone to concern. If you happen to book and miss due to a flight delay, I would at least ask about a GC or something for compensation. They certainly don't have to do that, but it wouldn't hurt to ask and I have read about others getting a CM who is willing to work with them.

My one worry was flight.
This is a big worry especially because you are going in the winter and there is always a snowstorm risk. I would rather put the money on park hoppers, which I find to be the best strategy for high crowd trips because if your morning park is just horrible, you can look on the app and see what park has the lowest wait times and hop there for the afternoon.

Ugh! Was so busy rebooking my resorts for the new discounts, missed this!

SO, pros, who has done both the fireworks dessert party and Tony's in the same night? (@Cluelyss I am looking at you :) )
I currently have both booked. DS7 has never been to MVMCP, and it's just the 2 of us this trip, but I want good views for both.
I assume it'll work if we save Tony's for the very end?

This will
Ugh! Was so busy rebooking my resorts for the new discounts, missed this!

SO, pros, who has done both the fireworks dessert party and Tony's in the same night? (@Cluelyss I am looking at you :) )
I currently have both booked. DS7 has never been to MVMCP, and it's just the 2 of us this trip, but I want good views for both.
I assume it'll work if we save Tony's for the very end?

Question, how did you link the Dessert Party or 2nd party on the Disney's Experience. I haven't been to Disney in 11 years, so this is ALL new to me. I tried to link it and it says "Reservation already linked. this reservation is currently linked to an account", so what do I do when I get there? I'm lost as a goose on this one. Thanks for any input or suggestions, other than show up with confirmation #. Thanks !

Mickey will start meeting in christmas attire at 7. We like watching the 2nd parade near the train station then heading to his M&G. We’ve never found the wait to be terrible later in the evening.

Jack and Sally need to be your priority. At MNSSHP they start meeting at 4:30 and the line will form around 3. Keep an eye on this thread during the first few parties to see if that continues at MVMCP.

Have fun!!

Thank you for your tips :)

This will

Question, how did you link the Dessert Party or 2nd party on the Disney's Experience. I haven't been to Disney in 11 years, so this is ALL new to me. I tried to link it and it says "Reservation already linked. this reservation is currently linked to an account", so what do I do when I get there? I'm lost as a goose on this one. Thanks for any input or suggestions, other than show up with confirmation #. Thanks !
They are dining reservations, so would be linked to your account immediately upon booking. Once you arrive at the venue, simply check in with the cast number at the front desk and give them your name! Easy peasy!

If our focus for the party is rides, parade, and fireworks, would it make more sense to go to the first or second parade?

They are dining reservations, so would be linked to your account immediately upon booking. Once you arrive at the venue, simply check in with the cast number at the front desk and give them your name! Easy peasy!
Thank you for your assistance

A little off-topic, but if I want to do the Candlelight Processional should I absolutely do a dining package? I'm thinking we definitely want to do a sit down dinner because we'll be snacking most of the afternoon (and we're doing counter service at MK the next day).

We always book a dining package. People queue up for hours beforehand and it can get a bit tight on a busy day with everyone else walking by. It’s just a time saver with a nice meal included!

We did Nine Dragons before and turned up no more then 10 mins in advance and were half way back in early December.

Hi everyone,
At last years MVMCP, we did the plaza garden dessert party with AFTER fireworks dessert. This year I’m only seeing BEFORE fireworks desserts. Did they do away with the AFTER party on MVMCP nights? Just wanna make sure I’m not missing it anywhere, thanks.

Hi all, my family of five are going to Disney dec 20-25. This is my youngest sons (4yrs old) first time and our first time travel to Disney over Christmas. I’m thinking of doing the Christmas party on the 20th. We land in Orlando at 1:30 if all goes well and no delays. This will be our first one. I’m looking for advice for the best strategy during the party. I’m really nervous about how crowded it will be and alittle overwhelmed with information. It would be nice to be able to do a few rides but mostly it will be showing my four year old MK and taking in the Christmas atmosphere. Also should I try to make a dining reservation or wing it with QS and eat the snacks they give out during the party? I’ve hired a VIP tour company for the rest of my trip as we will be back to MK on another day. Any advice would be so great! Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,
At last years MVMCP, we did the plaza garden dessert party with AFTER fireworks dessert. This year I’m only seeing BEFORE fireworks desserts. Did they do away with the AFTER party on MVMCP nights? Just wanna make sure I’m not missing it anywhere, thanks.

To my memory/knowledge, they’ve never offered the “after” party version on MNSSHP or MVMCP nights, only regular HEA nights. Are you sure you did it during MVMCP?

To my memory/knowledge, they’ve never offered the “after” party version on MNSSHP or MVMCP nights, only regular HEA nights. Are you sure you did it during MVMCP?
GADisneyDad14, my bad. After looking at last years itinerary, it was the day after the party that we went to the After Party to get plaza garden viewing of Happily Ever After.

Hi all, my family of five are going to Disney dec 20-25. This is my youngest sons (4yrs old) first time and our first time travel to Disney over Christmas. I’m thinking of doing the Christmas party on the 20th. We land in Orlando at 1:30 if all goes well and no delays. This will be our first one. I’m looking for advice for the best strategy during the party. I’m really nervous about how crowded it will be and alittle overwhelmed with information. It would be nice to be able to do a few rides but mostly it will be showing my four year old MK and taking in the Christmas atmosphere. Also should I try to make a dining reservation or wing it with QS and eat the snacks they give out during the party? I’ve hired a VIP tour company for the rest of my trip as we will be back to MK on another day. Any advice would be so great! Thanks in advance.

Where are you staying? We typically take a flight that arrives at MCO around 1 pm and I find, by the time we get to our resort, DS12 is pretty hungry. I would suggest eating at your resort prior to heading out to MK for the party so you are ready to tour as soon as you get there. If you get hungry during the party, you could always get QS then. I wouldn't rely on the snacks to fill you up - they are quite small. What other day during your trip are you going to MK? If you are going on Dec. 23, 24 or 25, keep in mind, the Christmas parade will be running during the regular day time hours then, so you may want to skip the parade during the party to do other party-specific things. There are a lot of other holiday offerings throughout WDW that do not require the purchase of a party ticket. If you are feeling overwhelmed or think your travel day may be tiring, you could also consider touring some of the deluxe resorts or going to DS to see the Christmas decor there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter