"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this plan look for the party on Nov. 24?

Arrive at 4:00
Peter Pan (3:30-4:30 FP+)
Space Mountain (4:30-5:30 FP+)
Mickey's Philharmagic
it's a small world (5:30-6:00 FP+)
A Frozen Holiday Wish (6:15)
Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle (Jingle) Cruise
People Mover
Mad Tea Party
Holiday Wishes (10:00)
Dumbo
Christmas Parade (11:00)
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Our main focus is our favorite attractions and the three Christmas "attractions" I have noted in my plan. We will stop at some treat stations as well. Does this plan look doable?
It looks like a good plan!

Space mt will have a xmas overlay for the party so you may want to plan to ride that after 7pm. The speedway cars and monsters inc will also have a special xmas theme only for the party so you may want to plan on those as well.

You may also want to ride splash, buzz and Winnie the Pooh!

Have fun!!

Do you have to do a dessert party to enjoy MVMCP?? After paying for our adult kids and their partners (7)....that was $800 for the party alone...can't imagine paying for a dessert party too just to see the parade and fireworks?? :( We have also paid for everyone's complete vacations including airfare...just hard to swallow another $800...ugh...

Do you have to do a dessert party to enjoy MVMCP?? After paying for our adult kids and their partners (7)....that was $800 for the party alone...can't imagine paying for a dessert party too just to see the parade and fireworks?? :( We have also paid for everyone's complete vacations including airfare...just hard to swallow another $800...ugh...
I wouldn't spend the money for that honestly, you can get a good view for the fireworks if you camp your spot early enough and just catch the last parade, a lot of people are cleared out of the park by the last parade. Can't see wasting 800+ on dessert party.

NO!!! We've done many MVMCP's and never once paid more for the dessert thingie. Honestly, and this is just my opinion, it's hugely overpriced and just not worth it AT ALL. YOu WILL see the parade and fireworks!! Don't miss them!! But you do NOT have to go to the dessert party to do that!!! Just grab a spot, and especially with so many adults in your party, have a couple hold your spot (hopefully on Main Street) while someone grabs ice cream or coffee and you'll have an even better viewing than the "dessert people". Relax and enjoy the party! You don't have to spend all that extra money on the dessert! (my opinion only, of course.)

We usually watch the fireworks from fantasyland. It’s a great view and you don’t have to camp out for a spot or deal with being shoulder to shoulder with anyone. You don’t see the projections on the castle but that’s not a big deal for us. Actually, my kids aren’t into watching them for very long since they prefer to go on rides and the lines are very short during the fireworks. You can see the fireworks from any outdoor ride, too.

For the parade, we usually watch the 11pm parade from frontier land and get there about 20-30 mins before it starts for a great spot.

No one in my family wants to waste precious party time at the dessert party - especially when there are endless treats everywhere!

I booked Tony’s parade party twice this year and cancelled it twice. My kids said they didn’t want to waste time in a restaurant and reminded me that we always get good parade viewing spots on our own.

So there you go... definitely not something that you have to do. Lol

Anyone know when all the updates for the 2019 parties will be available? Things like which treats will be served and where, etc. First post on this thread has several places that say they will be updated with 2019 info when available. Just wondering when that might be. We are going to the first party on 11/8 and I'm not sure if we should expect those details before that party or if they get updated here after the first party.

Anyone know when all the updates for the 2019 parties will be available? Things like which treats will be served and where, etc. First post on this thread has several places that say they will be updated with 2019 info when available. Just wondering when that might be. We are going to the first party on 11/8 and I'm not sure if we should expect those details before that party or if they get updated here after the first party.
I think last year it was like right before the first party! Im going on 11/8 too! Eagerly awaiting the details! Hope the pretzel snowman live on!!

I think last year it was like right before the first party! Im going on 11/8 too! Eagerly awaiting the details! Hope the pretzel snowman live on!!

LOL we are stalking the pretzel snowman, too!

DD has a nut allergy so we are trying to plan ahead which treats she can eat. Don't want to stand in line and find out she can't have the goodies. I know they have Enjoy Life cookies at each station but we are hoping she can eat some of the real treats.

That snowman definitely caught her eye.

Hello - We are going to our first MVMCP on Friday 15th Nov - the only option we have as we don't usually go to Disney at this time of year but we are flying into Orlando for one night to then drive down to Naples for 10 days from the UK. I know we will have a 9 hour flight over from the UK that day but usually we go for a meal in Disney Springs when we do this but I saw that the party is on so thought why not! We may be tired but we will power through just so we can have a little bit of Disney on this America trip - any tips or advice to help newbies? thanks!

How early do you typically start lining up for the Christmas party parade? Do you have to line up earlier for the first than second to get a good spot?

We typically don’t start seeing solid info until a day or so before hand, and even then for some things we need the first night to really know. The key will be the party map, which usually makes its way into the Wild a day or so before.

We typically don’t start seeing solid info until a day or so before hand, and even then for some things we need the first night to really know. The key will be the party map, which usually makes its way into the Wild a day or so before.

Got it! Then we will watch for leaked party maps here and plan to wing it. I'm sure there will be many V/Bloggers there the first night but we will post our experience here to help others plan.

Is there a dessert party that allows us to get a good view of the fireworks and the parade? Thanks I’m advance!

Is there a dessert party that allows us to get a good view of the fireworks and the parade? Thanks I’m advance!
parade view is with the tony town square addon and the fireworks is the dessert party

Brand new to the Christmas party this year.

I attended the sold out Halloween party on October 1st. What made the crowds so bad was not the number of people, but the darkness. It was just difficult to maneuver. I assumed things were kept darker than normal as spooky theming.

Is the same true for the Christmas party?

Brand new to the Christmas party this year.

I attended the sold out Halloween party on October 1st. What made the crowds so bad was not the number of people, but the darkness. It was just difficult to maneuver. I assumed things were kept darker than normal as spooky theming.

Is the same true for the Christmas party?
Wouldn't say its dark like Halloween time, once that castle is lit its blinding lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter