"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just grabbed party tickets for 12/22 - the last night of the event. Probably not ideal, but it's the first night we can be in town.

:santa:Are FP+ Reservations available during the party?

We went to our first (and only so far) MVMCP in 2017 and tried to do FP+ before the party started and were shut down.

I'll try to keep this short.

We only had party passes and were driving down that day (it was also the last night of the party). I had booked 3 FP+ reservations (3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, and 5:30-6:30) through MDE. We couldn't find our old Magic Bands, so we just had the printed papers.

We checked into our hotel around lunch, then went to Disney Springs to eat. While we were there, I decided to stop in Guest Services to see how to use the paper ticket at the FP scanners. The greeter said we needed to convert to the hard card and she put our names in the queue. After a long wait, we got called up and when I explained the situation, they said that, since we did not have day passes, we could not use those FP bookings. They asked about 4 different CMs, including managers, and they all agreed that the FP bookings would not work. So we left and went to the party to get in by 4. Never gave it another thought. It wasn't until after the party started that I remembered and wished I had at least tried to see if one of them worked.

We are planning pretty much the same thing this year. The biggest differences are - it only let us grab 1 FP slot (4:50-5:50) and we have park passes for the following day.

So my questions are:
  • We will have printed tickets - do we need to go so guest services (at the park) to get hard passes to use those FPs?
  • Since it only let us book 1 time, will we be able to grab another FP (assuming there is availability) after using that 1?

2019 - Magic Kingdom Park Attractions Get an All-New Holiday Twist for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
For the first time ever during MVMCP, select Magic Kingdom attractions are receiving special enhancements just for the holidays!
When you get behind the wheel on the Tomorrowland Speedway, you’ll find yourself cruising a festive freeway filled with thousands of lights and stylized décor.
The crew at Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is putting some “Ha Ha Ha” in their “Ho Ho Ho,” with a new show for everyone visiting the Monster World during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Space Mountain launches you on a trippy jaunt through the cosmos, filled with dazzling lighting and high-energy holiday tunes.
The Mad Tea Party in Fantasyland becomes a wild and wacky Christmas party, as you spin your teacups to one of four new holiday combos of lights and music.
Do these changes start at 7 when the party officially kicks off?

We just grabbed party tickets for 12/22 - the last night of the event. Probably not ideal, but it's the first night we can be in town.

We went to our first (and only so far) MVMCP in 2017 and tried to do FP+ before the party started and were shut down.

We only had party passes and were driving down that day (it was also the last night of the party). I had booked 3 FP+ reservations (3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, and 5:30-6:30) through MDE. We couldn't find our old Magic Bands, so we just had the printed papers.

We checked into our hotel around lunch, then went to Disney Springs to eat. While we were there, I decided to stop in Guest Services to see how to use the paper ticket at the FP scanners. The greeter said we needed to convert to the hard card and she put our names in the queue. After a long wait, we got called up and when I explained the situation, they said that, since we did not have day passes, we could not use those FP bookings. They asked about 4 different CMs, including managers, and they all agreed that the FP bookings would not work. So we left and went to the party to get in by 4. Never gave it another thought. It wasn't until after the party started that I remembered and wished I had at least tried to see if one of them worked.

We are planning pretty much the same thing this year. The biggest differences are - it only let us grab 1 FP slot (4:50-5:50) and we have park passes for the following day.

So my questions are:
  • We will have printed tickets - do we need to go so guest services (at the park) to get hard passes to use those FPs?
  • Since it only let us book 1 time, will we be able to grab another FP (assuming there is availability) after using that 1?

Do you have an old magic band you can use for admission/FastPasses? That would be the best and easiest option. If not, you’ll have to have the paper ticket converted to a card.

FP distribution ends at 6 pm on party nights, with the last time slot being 5:30-6:00. If you use your first FP right at the beginning of your window, there’s a chance you could grab another FP night of. However you have a better chance of grabbing one now for the hour prior to your existing FP.

This is the first time they’ll have ride overlays during MVMCP, but during MNSSHP they started at 7.

So my questions are:

You should still be able to book at least 2 FP's until 6. When my friend went to the Halloween party he had just a paper ticket, and when we scanned at the entrance they gave him a hard card right there that he was able to use for the FPs ( I think we only had 2 booked)

Hi all, question for anyone who might know.

We are attending MK with a standard 3 day ticket the same day we have purchased a party ticket for.
My question is this, shouldnt we be able to book 5 fast passes for our day at MK? 3 for the standard day ticket + 2 for the party after 4pm?

I ask because the app is not allowing me to add the additional two and is just letting me book 3, is this by design? Or can you only book the 2 additional FP's the day of the party after 4pm?

Thanks!

We are attending MK with a standard 3 day ticket the same day we have purchased a party ticket for.
My question is this, shouldnt we be able to book 5 fast passes for our day at MK? 3 for the standard day ticket + 2 for the party after 4pm?

I ask because the app is not allowing me to add the additional two and is just letting me book 3, is this by design? Or can you only book the 2 additional FP's the day of the party after 4pm?

Thanks!
You can only book 3 FPs to start then keep adding as the day goes on. Doesn't matter if you have a party ticket. Disney IT isn't that smart to be able to let you select which FP goes where. I was actually able to book 3 for my party day, 315-415, 420-520 then 525-6! All the best 3 rides too! Lucky snag on my part.

You can only book 3 FPs to start then keep adding as the day goes on. Doesn't matter if you have a party ticket. Disney IT isn't that smart to be able to let you select which FP goes where. I was actually able to book 3 for my party day, 315-415, 420-520 then 525-6! All the best 3 rides too! Lucky snag on my part.

Thats what I was afraid of.

I knew we could keep adding FPs after we are done with our 3rd, bummer we can snag our 2 extra now rather than having to wait!

Thanks

Yeah, I mean on a positive note, the wait times shouldn’t be crazy at the party anyway. There are no FPs after 6 so that makes the wait shrink significantly. We went to a sold out party last year and 7DMT was no more then 35minutes at its peak and space mountain was a walk on all night!

Thanks!
If you are able to reassign your party tickets that is your work around. Make a dummy MDE profile for each party goer and link the party tickets to those profiles. Then you can book 3FP on the party tickets in addition to the regular 3FP for your regular day tickets.

Do you have an old magic band you can use for admission/FastPasses? That would be the best and easiest option. If not, you’ll have to have the paper ticket converted to a card.

FP distribution ends at 6 pm on party nights, with the last time slot being 5:30-6:00. If you use your first FP right at the beginning of your window, there’s a chance you could grab another FP night of. However you have a better chance of grabbing one now for the hour prior to your existing FP.

This is the first time they’ll have ride overlays during MVMCP, but during MNSSHP they started at 7.
Ah, I was able to find better FP choices. I was using the Afternoon and Evening buttons at first. That was leaving out a big chunk in the middle. When I chose a start time, I was able to add 2 different FPs. The times didn't work out to add the third, but at least we got 2.

I'll check around for our old magic bands. I have one that I got at a conference last year (somewhere around here) and we got some that we got the first year they started using them. Not sure if they would even still work.

ETA: I remember now that the near field stuff should still work if the batteries are dead. I'll commence my search of the house to see how many I can find ;)

Last edited:
Last year we had 10 day park hopper tickets and also made FP for the day of our xmas party (not entering the park other than for the party that day). The party was in the middle of the trip - and the system would not let me make FP for the 10th day of my park ticket. I tried everything, had to call Disney IT about it, was told I was not supposed to be able to make FP for a party day because it started at 7pm. Letting people in at 4pm is a courtesy on Disney's part. Anyone ever have this problem? Not even trying it this year, don't want my park day FP messed up again.

Last year we had 10 day park hopper tickets and also made FP for the day of our xmas party (not entering the park other than for the party that day). The party was in the middle of the trip - and the system would not let me make FP for the 10th day of my park ticket. I tried everything, had to call Disney IT about it, was told I was not supposed to be able to make FP for a party day because it started at 7pm. Letting people in at 4pm is a courtesy on Disney's part. Anyone ever have this problem? Not even trying it this year, don't want my park day FP messed up again.
The work around is to book all of your regular park days first, then your party fastpasses. This way the system does not assume you are using a park ticket on your party day.

A couple things I'm trying to clarify. I need to finally buckle down and come up with a plan now that we're getting close...

-What time do non party guests have to leave?

-Do they still do the kiss goodnight at closing on party nights?

-If I am at MK during the day, and then during the party, should I save my FP for during the party window, or use them early and capitalize on lower wait times during the party?

We're not too interested in holiday characters. I'm not interested in a projection show and am fine with watching fireworks from behind the castle. We will probably aim for one of the parades, but maybe from somewhere like Frontierland. I like the opportunity for shorter lines, holiday snacks, late night in the park and party/Christmas merch. Like Mama needs MVMCP spirit jersey.

I should note we will have a second day in MK later in the week, where we will NOT be staying for the party (last full Disney day so early evening, we'll have pack).

-So if we're aiming for one parade, and I want to utilize our time with the above, should we watch the first or second parade? My kids are 10 & 13 and we're entering the park for a ADR at 11:30am.

Thanks in advance for any answers/advice on the above.

A little off-topic, but if I want to do the Candlelight Processional should I absolutely do a dining package? I'm thinking we definitely want to do a sit down dinner because we'll be snacking most of the afternoon (and we're doing counter service at MK the next day).

A little off-topic, but if I want to do the Candlelight Processional should I absolutely do a dining package? I'm thinking we definitely want to do a sit down dinner because we'll be snacking most of the afternoon (and we're doing counter service at MK the next day).

Yes. The majority of seating is reserved for the packages and standby can wait in line for hours and still not get a seat. Though this late in the game, you may have slim pickings

A couple things I'm trying to clarify. I need to finally buckle down and come up with a plan now that we're getting close...

-What time do non party guests have to leave?

-Do they still do the kiss goodnight at closing on party nights?

-If I am at MK during the day, and then during the party, should I save my FP for during the party window, or use them early and capitalize on lower wait times during the party?

We're not too interested in holiday characters. I'm not interested in a projection show and am fine with watching fireworks from behind the castle. We will probably aim for one of the parades, but maybe from somewhere like Frontierland. I like the opportunity for shorter lines, holiday snacks, late night in the park and party/Christmas merch. Like Mama needs MVMCP spirit jersey.

I should note we will have a second day in MK later in the week, where we will NOT be staying for the party (last full Disney day so early evening, we'll have pack).

-So if we're aiming for one parade, and I want to utilize our time with the above, should we watch the first or second parade? My kids are 10 & 13 and we're entering the park for a ADR at 11:30am.

Thanks in advance for any answers/advice on the above.
Non-party guests can not access rides after 6 pm (official park closing) but can stroll out at their leisure. CMs will actively start sweeping those without wristbands at 7, when the party officially starts.

Fastpasses are not offered during the party, so definitely use them during the day! With so many options at MK I generally book them as early as possible so I can keep pulling a 4th, 5th, etc.

People generally recommend the second parade for lighter crowds, but if your focus is rides, wait times will drop dramatically after the fireworks, so I’d recommend watching the first parade. Just know that you won’t get snow if watching from Frontierland.

I do not recall seeing the kids goodnight on party nights, especially since the final stage show happens at the end of the night, but perhaps they do it after and I’ve never noticed? Hopefully someone else here knows for sure!

Yes. The majority of seating is reserved for the packages and standby can wait in line for hours and still not get a seat. Though this late in the game, you may have slim pickings
We may have luck at a Breakfast/Brunch. Ale and Compass has openings, it's just also twice the price of a breakfast I'd order.

Works out, I really wanted to try Via Napoli while I was in the park.

What do we know about the fireworks this year? The description doesn't mention projections, and specifically says they can be viewed from all around the park. We have the dessert party booked since we're going on the first night and expect the front of the castle to be INSANE on that particular night, but I'm wondering if we really even need to see them from the front of the castle. Maybe someone will have some info after they do the testing.

I'm going to my first MVMCP in December.
What time does Mickey in Christmas outfit start to meet?

When should I start to get in line for Mickey in Christmas outfit and Sandy Claws and Sally?

I've never been to Disney since I've been a wheelchair user how are the parties from a wheelchair users view? We're thinking of going to the 2nd party and dont want to spend the money if I'm going to be hemmed in with crowds of people towering above me

I've never been to Disney since I've been a wheelchair user how are the parties from a wheelchair users view? We're thinking of going to the 2nd party and dont want to spend the money if I'm going to be hemmed in with crowds of people towering above me

IIRC, there's portions along the parade route that are roped off for handicap/wheelcheer users only

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter