"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bypass?? I know where this is when you enter from the front of the park, but we will have been at MK all day - have tickets to MVMCP that night - do we have to go all the way to the entrance or is there access from Main St for Party goers?? Thanks
Not sure how it's set up this year for MVMCP, but all of the times we have gone to that or MNSSHP and have been inside the park already, we had to go to where the bypass starts near the train station if we wanted to get our "starter pack" of candy or cookies or whatnot. They did not allow flow from the opposite side near Tomorrowland Terrace.

Torn between Sunday Dec 1 & Tuesday Dec 3. I figure Tuesday will be less crowded, but I also wanted to do other things that night (that will be a lot easier in less crowded parks). Do you guys think Sunday will be CRAZY? I'll be solo, mostly soaking up Christmas spirit, eating cookies, and riding rides.

Bypass?? I know where this is when you enter from the front of the park, but we will have been at MK all day - have tickets to MVMCP that night - do we have to go all the way to the entrance or is there access from Main St for Party goers?? Thanks

Yes, to enter the bypass you need to go to the Christmas tree near the train station, the entrance is next to the Mickey/Tinkerbell meets.

Can I ask for some quick advice? We are probably going to go after all even though we are doing a Merrytime Cruise right after our WDW stint this time. We just can't stand the thought of missing this party, which is hilarious considering that two years ago I swore off them due to crowds (last year there was close to frost-level temperatures the night we went and it was fabulous).

Really the only thing DS wants to do this time is see the new fireworks, watch the parade, and meet Aladdin as Prince Ali. I have the fireworks and parade strategized already, but I am struggling with figuring out where to fit in the Ali meet. Should we line up around 6:30 or closer to 7?

Second- do you all suspect it might be crazy on the 5th since ROTR would have opened that day? We are really only able to do the 5th, 6th, or 8th. I know that there are never any guarantees or crystal balls, but we would be taking my crowd-averse elderly father too and I am concerned about overflow from DHS.

ETA- I'm also trying to remember whether there is milk in the hot chocolate, or if it is made with just powder and water?

I just did a Merrytime cruise and a MVMCP, you are in good company!

I'd line up at 6:30ish to be near the first to meet Ali and Abu.

I would think most of the people would be over at DHS in line for ROTR on that day. Just a guess.

I had the hot chocolate and I'd be shocked if there was milk in there. Powdered mix with water all the way, according to my taste buds. You could always ask before you grab one, to be safe.

Yes, to enter the bypass you need to go to the Christmas tree near the train station, the entrance is next to the Mickey/Tinkerbell meets.

I just did a Merrytime cruise and a MVMCP, you are in good company!

I'd line up at 6:30ish to be near the first to meet Ali and Abu.

I would think most of the people would be over at DHS in line for ROTR on that day. Just a guess.

I had the hot chocolate and I'd be shocked if there was milk in there. Powdered mix with water all the way, according to my taste buds. You could always ask before you grab one, to be safe.

Thank you SO much! You are totally the character guru. I really appreciate it :). Hope you enjoyed your cruise!

Can someone clarify exactly where to enter the bypass? I gather from all the posts that it's near the entrance, but I'm having a hard time picturing exactly where, since the references are to landmarks I'm not familiar with (we don't meet characters and the only tree I can picture is the big one in the middle of the square). Is the entrance to the bypass marked?

Can someone clarify exactly where to enter the bypass? I gather from all the posts that it's near the entrance, but I'm having a hard time picturing exactly where, since the references are to landmarks I'm not familiar with (we don't meet characters and the only tree I can picture is the big one in the middle of the square). Is the entrance to the bypass marked?
It’s kind of tucked back in and hidden and I don’t think they put out any clear signage, but it’s really easy to find. If you follow the sidewalk right in front of Tony’s and turn right instead of going left towards Main Street you’ll see the bypass.

I guess the party is not selling as much as Disney wants it, they just added discounted dates for CM for December 8,12 and 19

Is there a record of which 2018 parties sold out on which dates? Be interested in seeing a comparison. So far there's only the three.

Edit: Looked up the thread from last year. There were five or six sold out dates, but, interestingly, all but one sold out less than a week before the date itself. So it's hard to say for sure whether any more will.

None of the Tuesday parties sold out last year, which is good for me at least.

Hi all! What time do they start handing out wrist bands in Adventureland? I was hoping to pick up our bands before our 4pm reservation at Skipper Canteen. TIA!

We will be in the MK during the day and going to the Christmas Party at night. I understand that you can get the Magic Bands for the party at these locations:
Locations
A Pirate's Adventure - Treasures of the Seven Seas (Adventureland)
Fantasy Faire (Fantasyland)
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (Tomorrowland) -
Near the Exit

Is there any other locations and what time they start giving them out?

Depends on how many cm are checking for discounted tickets since the original discount was only through November, but i honestly don't think it'll make that much of a difference

i know this is going to sound dumb....CM = Cast Member??

We will be in the MK during the day and going to the Christmas Party at night. I understand that you can get the Magic Bands for the party at these locations:
Locations
A Pirate's Adventure - Treasures of the Seven Seas (Adventureland)
Fantasy Faire (Fantasyland)
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (Tomorrowland) -
Near the Exit

Is there any other locations and what time they start giving them out?

You can also get them at the entrance to Jack and Sally's line at the Town Square theater. Those can be handed out quite early, maybe even around 2 when DVC members can enter the party.

Has anyone seen during the parties the Zero piece of merchandise that was for sale during MNSSHP? It was Zero on a long black stick so it looks like he is floating in front of you.

Thanks all! :)

another positive review of the christmas cookie sundae from Auntie Gravity's. Had it this morning. So far everything I have tried as been good. The eggnog slushy from Cosmic Rays, gingerbread sundae from fantasyland, coffee peppermint drink from Plaza Parlor

I'm glad to hear you liked the coffee peppermint drink. That was one item that I was looking forward to and the bloggers have been all "meh, uninspired". I don't care how inspired it is. I just want to know if it tastes yummy!

I'm glad to hear you liked the coffee peppermint drink. That was one item that I was looking forward to and the bloggers have been all "meh, uninspired". I don't care how inspired it is. I just want to know if it tastes yummy!
I enjoyed it, the peppermint taste is not strong but it's still tasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter