Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

my husband is running the 5K, 10K and half....I want to have clever t shirts made to wear when he finishes, and I have no ideas at all....can anyone point me in the right direction?!

my husband is running the 5K, 10K and half....I want to have clever t shirts made to wear when he finishes, and I have no ideas at all....can anyone point me in the right direction?!

Etsy and Red Bubble have a lot of T Shirts with Disney, running and RunDisney sayings. I’m sure there are a ton of other places but that’s a decent place to start. I’m running all three as well, it should be a great week.

FP day for us was this morning. We are only going to Epcot after the half and were able to get everything we wanted.
I never get all FPs I want at Epcot because Test Track, Soarin’, and Frozen Ever After are all in the same tier, and the rest of the rides don’t usually require a fast pass. Epcot is more about entertainment, food, and shopping these days.

I never get all FPs I want at Epcot because Test Track, Soarin’, and Frozen Ever After are all in the same tier, and the rest of the rides don’t usually require a fast pass. Epcot is more about entertainment, food, and shopping these days.

THIS.

We ended up with two Epcot days on this trip. One of them, my wife and I ride Frozen while son rides Test Track; the other, we all ride Soarin'. I got Spaceship Earth fastpasses for both days, but didn't even bother getting a third. There's just nothing in the second tier that really needs it.

THIS.

We ended up with two Epcot days on this trip. One of them, my wife and I ride Frozen while son rides Test Track; the other, we all ride Soarin'. I got Spaceship Earth fastpasses for both days, but didn't even bother getting a third. There's just nothing in the second tier that really needs it.
Yep. Most of the time you can walk onto the 2nd tier Epcot rides with little to no wait, and you aren't tied to a "time" that way.

Getting super excited for my first (non virtual) Disney race! Quick question - I'm planning to go to the Expo after spending the morning in Epcot. What's the best way to get there? Monorail to a resort then bus to expo?

Getting super excited for my first (non virtual) Disney race! Quick question - I'm planning to go to the Expo after spending the morning in Epcot. What's the best way to get there? Monorail to a resort then bus to expo?
I was going to say what PP said and go grab a bus from a crescent lake resort then take a bus from expo back to your resort or Disney Springs

Lyft is also an option. :)

I did a "Tinker Vader" mashup last year and it was a lot of fun! I'm probably doing Imperial Officer Tink this year. For some reason, Tink lends herself really well to Dark Side mashups lol! #DarkSide4ever

Omg yaaaaaaaasss!! We should try and get a picture together. :) I think I'm just going for a general "Sith" kind of look. This is one of those times I wish I could tolerate contact lenses, some gold Sith eyes would be MONEY. Scar makeup will have to do in the meantime.

I saw someone wearing them during one of the races last year - it was amazing! And a little scary lol!
I still think the person in a Jabba the Hutt costume at the inaugural Star Wars Half-Disneyland won for scariest race costume ever. Mostly because why in the world would you want to 1 mile in a Jabba costume? Let alone the actual 13.1 of the race. It's not a coincidence that runDisney changed the costume rules after the inaugural Star Wars race weekend. People went so overboard there that they had no choice. X-Wings with wings sticking out, the Death Star, and so forth.

I enjoy running in costume, but it amazes me that some people wear full jawa costumes, Chewbacca costumes, et all for even a 5K, let alone the half.

I still think the person in a Jabba the Hutt costume at the inaugural Star Wars Half-Disneyland won for scariest race costume ever. Mostly because why in the world would you want to 1 mile in a Jabba costume? Let alone the actual 13.1 of the race. It's not a coincidence that runDisney changed the costume rules after the inaugural Star Wars race weekend. People went so overboard there that they had no choice. X-Wings with wings sticking out, the Death Star, and so forth.

I enjoy running in costume, but it amazes me that some people wear full jawa costumes, Chewbacca costumes, et all for even a 5K, let alone the half.

That and the Lego Slave Leia.

In the 2016, there was a woman who ran as Leia in high heels. I remember playing piggy back with her for a while.

My favorite was a guy dressed as George Lucas at the inaugural Dark Side Half at WDW. It was HOT and he did 13.1 in jeans, a short sleeve dress shirt, and wig. I ran near him most of the race and he was absolutely soaked with sweat by the halfway point - I can't even imagine the discomfort and chafing! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter