Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

So do folks think that RD is going to continue the Disney World races going forward? I thought there was some concern with that after the Disneyland issues.

I assume the monorail does not run to Epcot and TTC early enough to get to the races right?

I assume the monorail does not run to Epcot and TTC early enough to get to the races right?
I've never been to the Star Wars races but I definitely have taken the monorail to the start and from the finish of the January marathon from the Contemporary. Somebody else can tell you for sure but I'll bet they run for this race too.

So do folks think that RD is going to continue the Disney World races going forward? I thought there was some concern with that after the Disneyland issues.
No concern at all form me! rD has been well-established in FL for many years - I can't see any reason WDW would get rid of all races. I do assume there will be changes to dates, themes, etc., only because there's a history of that already.

It does... for some races. When the official race guide comes out (about a month before race weekend), it will detail race transportation details. Until then, we can't say with any certainty.

It does... for some races. When the official race guide comes out (about a month before race weekend), it will detail race transportation details. Until then, we can't say with any certainty.

I've never been to the Star Wars races but I definitely have taken the monorail to the start and from the finish of the January marathon from the Contemporary. Somebody else can tell you for sure but I'll bet they run for this race too.

Thanks! I've been googling this question since yesterday, and ya'll are right. It seems in the past WDW has usually run the monorail for the Half Marathon and the Marathon. But not for 5K and 10K. So, I'm going to make an educated guess that the 5K and 10K during the Rival Run weekend won't have the monorail running, but the Half will and I'll make sure to check the race guide.

Trying to make a decision where to stay and if it's worth doing a split stay...My DH may appreciate monorailing to the Half. Decisions, decisions. I'm also not one to book a room without a discount (never booked a room without a discount in about 15 trips to WDW/US/DL). It looks like discounts came out in 2018 in early October for dates through mid-April last year. I am hoping that will be the case this year. I can certainly wait a couple of months to book, but want to have firm plans in 2018.

I’ve done the last 2 Star Wars races and the Monorail was not running for the start of any races. The 10k and half both started in the MK parking lot. Bus transportation was acceptable if your driver was familiar with Disney property. I heard rumors of drivers getting lost!

All races ended at EPCOT and the buses were closer than the Monorail. It might have been running by then but I can’t say 100%. As others have said, nothing is certain until courses and details are announced.

Flights and hotel booked for this, just waiting for bibs. This will be my first time doing Run Disney US (will have done Paris twice by the time of the actual weekend).

What time would you suggest to start planning your day from after the races? Currently around 3hr half pace.

Flights and hotel booked for this, just waiting for bibs. This will be my first time doing Run Disney US (will have done Paris twice by the time of the actual weekend).

What time would you suggest to start planning your day from after the races? Currently around 3hr half pace.

So a 3 hr half (assuming a 6 AM start) would put you at the finish line around 9:00 AM. In my opinion, from there it all depends on whether you are staying at a Disney resort or not. If you are, you can be back to your hotel within an hour of crossing the finish line if you are lucky and catch a bus ready to leave. The last few races (Dopey Challenge and Dark Side Challenge) I was lucky enough to have a bus ready to leave when I hopped on. I have been showered and ready to hit the parks/restaurants before noon. Much more than that and you will be rushing too much. I would recommend to just take your time and check out the character spots after the race or watch other runners cross the finish line and not plan anything before noon but that is just me.

It's a really individual thing. Some folks enjoy a quick turn-around and getting into the parks ASAP. I prefer a lot of recovery time in my room to eat, stretch, shower, rest, so I don't usually head out anywhere until late afternoon. Once I agreed to meet friends at a park very shortly after a half and I hated the rushing to get cleaned up and out at a certain time. I find making evening plans for dinner and a couple rides to be far less stressful.

Thank you for your replies. Planning from noon sounds the best thing to do. Kinda in line with Paris where we had lunch at 1pm and the race started at 7 and that was enough time for two of us.

Now just to wait to get the bibs sorted and then can relax until dining reservations.

Keep in mind a 3 hour half doesn't put you in the first corral so you will be starting later than 6:00. I have no idea what start time you will have but it will be 3 hours from that time, not 6:00.

Keep in mind a 3 hour half doesn't put you in the first corral so you will be starting later than 6:00. I have no idea what start time you will have but it will be 3 hours from that time, not 6:00.

I think the first corral starts at 5:30am. Not sure where that might put the 3-hour half marathoner corral start.

This past year - all half marathon people had started by like 6:10am. They were way quicker than normal with the new method of release.

Hello! My boyfriend and I are going to be in for The Star Wars race weekend! It will be my fitst Star Wars weekend and his not only RunDisney event, but his first trip to Disney ever! He's going to do the challange and I'll be doing the 10k since I'm doing the Princess Challage in Feburary. Are hotels always this expensive in April? I've only been down for Wine and Dine and Princess and I don't think think I paid this much. We'll probably stay at Pop unless a discount comes out.

Hello! My boyfriend and I are going to be in for The Star Wars race weekend! It will be my fitst Star Wars weekend and his not only RunDisney event, but his first trip to Disney ever! He's going to do the challange and I'll be doing the 10k since I'm doing the Princess Challage in Feburary. Are hotels always this expensive in April? I've only been down for Wine and Dine and Princess and I don't think think I paid this much. We'll probably stay at Pop unless a discount comes out.
They have generally been more expensive in April for the Star Wars races than in January for marathon weekend. That’s all I can compare it to. :)

Because I can’t figure out on my phone how to link to a post I made a while ago I’m going to insert it as a quote. It compares last April what I paid to this year’s rack rate prices.

I’m looking back... it looks like last year for All-Star Sports I paid $122 and $137 per night (depending on the day) with a bounce back offer from January for a preferred room.

Rack Rate (standard room) it looks like it was $131 & $164.

Sun & Fun Offer (preferred room): $137 & $154

I think I didn’t get an AP discount because those came out after I booked it as a bounce back and it was either the same as the bounce back or not as good (or maybe no preferred rooms left...)

This year right now, rack rate for preferred room is $159, $164, $174, and $179 depending on the night. I have tentatively booked one more night than last year also.

So about $15-25 more per night for original rack rate, but that is also moving from a standard room up to a preferred room.

It looks like there may be hope that I can get a cheaper room when/if discounts come out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter