Official 2020 HHN Thread - 30 Years of Scares

When I click on get more info about refunds on Universal’s HHN website, I get a no page available. I guess I will check back later. Funny, or not, just bought my ticket days ago.

Disappointed, but not surprised. I’ll have some travel plans for the fall to cancel this weekend. I wonder whether some of the news in the last day about Disneyland pushing back potential opening dates and the situation in California for theme parks affected this decision as well. Everything up to now has suggested they would try to make a go of it in Orlando.

I’d picked up BOGO tickets earlier this week and wondering about those, too. But Universal has done a great job overall with handling things this summer so far - I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one and that they’ll do right by guests.

really disappointed (like many) - I cancelled my March trip for Mardi Gras that was the last week Universal was open and was looking forward to HHN was the only consultation

I am sure there are folks that are happy since HHN30 will happen next year and hopefully be the full event it deserves
So I guess that is something to consider

I’ll still go to UO this fall even though hhn has been cancelled.
Looking forward to staying at RP and doing the parks without large crowds.

Did pay for 2 sets of the bogo and will use them next year 2021.

When I click on get more info about refunds on Universal’s HHN website, I get a no page available. I guess I will check back later. Funny, or not, just bought my ticket days ago.
It was my fault. I waited and waited and finally bought mine the last day of bogo. And thus, jinxed the entire event, screwing it up for everyone. Sorry guys! I have the same gift of great timing when I buy or sell stocks.

I’ll still go to UO this fall even though hhn has been cancelled.
Looking forward to staying at RP and doing the parks without large crowds.

Did pay for 2 sets of the bogo and will use them next year 2021.
good for you....should be nice and quiet now with HHN cancelled. I'm going to pursue a refund, since my fridge also picked today to give up the ghost (no pun intended.)

It’s never a good time when an appliance dies.

Hope you can replace your fridge quickly!
When ours died 3 days before Christmas, it took over a week for the new one to be delivered.

I just saw on the Universal AP Facebook page, that any HHN tickets or HHN vacation packages are good to be used next year, or full refund. Call if you want the refund.
be prepared to wait a while on hold though: took me 45 min. May be longer as more people get home from work/hear the news and call over weekend.

It was my fault. I waited and waited and finally bought mine the last day of bogo. And thus, jinxed the entire event, screwing it up for everyone. Sorry guys! I have the same gift of great timing when I buy or sell stocks.
Thanks - now I can blame you ;)

I have the same gift with stocks as well - so you are not alone with that

• Haha
Reactions: shh
be prepared to wait a while on hold though: took me 45 min. May be longer as more people get home from work/hear the news and call over weekend.

I must have been lucky. I was on and off the phone in just under 23 minutes....and that included some very friendly extra chit chat with a lovely TM.

Reactions: shh
Glad Universal did the right thing. It's a huge shame, but it's what had to be done, unfortunately. Looking forward to a blowout 30th next year- I'm sure they will make sure it is something really special.

No one in these organizations are actually talking to each other. Ticket sales, construction and casting were full steam ahead, a twitter announcement to build interest was just released and then out of the blue they cancel?

That makes 0 sense.

Im not debating whether it was the right decision, but the way it was handled shows no leadership.

No one in these organizations are actually talking to each other. Ticket sales, construction and casting were full steam ahead, a twitter announcement to build interest was just released and then out of the blue they cancel?

That makes 0 sense.

Im not debating whether it was the right decision, but the way it was handled shows no leadership.

I've been following this closely and I don't think it was a matter of leadership since they did fully intend on it, not meaning to tease us. I've heard from reliable sources that the intent from leadership was the event was gonna go on. Apparently, all the houses were finished minus some more minor aspects. They still tried to prepare which is why no official announcements ever went out and the Twitter account remained vague. Apparently the nail in the coffin from what I gather (again a rumor, but from a few sources so cannot confirm and I doubt we'll any word from Universal on it) was that a state health official came in within the last few days to do a once-over of the event and they gave it the axe saying it wasn't doable, which unfortunately they cannot argue.

Universal has already dealt a big blow with a massive lay off that included HHN show director, Patrick Braillard, so I'm sure they did not mean it to fall like this. They did everything they could to keep it moving, but some things you just can never plan for. It's why we've had things like what happened in HHN11 in 2001 with having to remove the gore and cutting Eddie within a month or more recently HHN27 where AOV had to come up with a new show in days after their set got destroyed by Irma as well as Festival of the Deadliest being re-worked. Construction has to start at a certain point or it won't get done, same with tickets and casting, the timeline can't be changed it was either go ahead or don't and a lot of things already started before the pandemic even hit.

I understand being upset I had sent in my audition the other day and not gonna lie my initial reaction was not exactly pretty. At the end of the day, placing blame on leadership isn't gonna bring the event back or make this all better. Best thing to do is look forward to 2021, support Universal as well as those displaced by this (lots of scare actors had already been hired), wear your masks, social distance and hope for the best.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter