Official 2020 HHN Thread - 30 Years of Scares

Looks like a new popup about CDC guidelines has been added when you visit the HHN website. I don't know how to take a screenshot on my work computer but it states:
"Universal will continue to follow CDC guidelines and the recommendations of local health and safety officials for its operation of Halloween Horror Nights this fall. More details will be shared closer to the event's debut. " along with a link to review Universal's current guidelines.

Finally, something to acknowledge the elephant in the room!!!

IMO a very good sign they are seriously intending to move forward while adhering to whatever local rules are in place

Not at any time did I think hhn would be canceled this year.

For those that were concerned about it, do read keishashadow’s link.

In addition to the CDC pop-up, looks like there are several other updates to the website. There are now “Coming Soon” placeholder icons on the “Haunted Houses and More” page - including ten icons for houses, five for scare zones, two for merchandise and dining, two for live entertainment and seven for attractions - whatever all that means.

Also noted that there is no reference to either Express Pass or tours on the Event Extras page. The only thing listed is the BOGO deal. I had seen something yesterday that there was no longer any reference to Express Pass on the HHN site and I don’t see anything on there now.

In addition to the CDC pop-up, looks like there are several other updates to the website. There are now “Coming Soon” placeholder icons on the “Haunted Houses and More” page - including ten icons for houses, five for scare zones, two for merchandise and dining, two for live entertainment and seven for attractions - whatever all that means.

Also noted that there is no reference to either Express Pass or tours on the Event Extras page. The only thing listed is the BOGO deal. I had seen something yesterday that there was no longer any reference to Express Pass on the HHN site and I don’t see anything on there now.

yep, another site I read said there are strong rumours there probably isn`t going to be EP this year at all.......

yep, another site I read said there are strong rumours there probably isn`t going to be EP this year at all.......

I read (from likely the same source as you) that there will also be zero or limited food/alcohol sales.

UO wants you to get into the park, see the houses, buy some merch and leave. No hanging out with friends for long periods of time. Hope that's not true but it's understandable this year.

For those that booked the hotel package for hhn, were allowed to also book tours.

Tours have not opened up to the public and who knows when that will happen.

I read (from likely the same source as you) that there will also be zero or limited food/alcohol sales.

UO wants you to get into the park, see the houses, buy some merch and leave. No hanging out with friends for long periods of time. Hope that's not true but it's understandable this year.

Yep.....sounds like it.

I hope not too.....but they seem to be trying to do anything to make HHN work this year......hopefully not at any cost.

Still think they may offer a tix w some sort of built in enhanced EP
Pretty much describes how we roll except on tour night. No longer a dusk to dawn sort For those who typically only visit one night, well, it’d be a smart move to set it up so that u can’t do it all in one day to encourage tic sales

Still think they may offer a tix w some sort of built in enhanced EP

Pretty much describes how we roll except on tour night. No longer a dusk to dawn sort For those who typically only visit one night, well, it’d be a smart move to set it up so that u can’t do it all in one day to encourage tic sales

I hope they do offer it for sure......

Yep, we much prefer doing it over many nights and a few hours at a time.......haven`t the energy usually lol......

If they limit attendance, it probably won't be needed.
I cant see them not offering it - too much $$$$.

Also with VQ there is no guarantee you can get into all the houses and for people who can only go one night I see that as an issue.
At this point we dont even know if they will have multi night tickets

If they don't offer it it might be the year I splurge on a RIP tour.

If HHN indeed happens, like it appears to be still on, this will certainly push the creative team to experiment with new innovative ways to scare. Non-masked actors, I assume, would not be in people's faces. A simple workaround could be strategically-placed plexiglass, but considering how creative these folks are, I bet they could find all-new ways to scare. I'm thinking like how magicians have to re-invent the magic when a trick is too known. Keep people on their toes. My optimistic hope, anyway.

I'm not familiar with this YouTuber (he's in California), but his video today (assuming the images are current), gives further evidence the show is on. There's pics of the "Fear Factor is down while we prepare for HHN" sandwich board and a covered Fear Factor sign (around the 2:10 mark). There's also pics of newly erected (?) sprung tents near Men in Black (around the 5:13 mark). Like I said, I'm not familiar with this commenter or the sources, though. Here is the link: YouTube video

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter