"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what happens to people who have party tickets but aren't able to get a reservation into the park? So many questions.

I wonder what happens to people who have party tickets but aren't able to get a reservation into the park? So many questions.
I think what they are banking on is by the time parties come around the capacity of the parks could be increased. The parties are normally a reduced capacity already so they may stop selling them sooner once they reach their target.

Call me cynical and hope I’m wrong, but I read that tweet as just saying that aren’t cancelling tickets at the moment amidst this time where they are cancelling most other experiences.

I just can’t see them ready to throw a party/stay open until 12am+ a month into this reopening plan, it seems do go counter to a lot of the things they’ve implemented this week.

Again, happy to be proven wrong, I’m just not ready to go into a full “party is on” mindset at the moment.

I have reservations (CR - supposed to be CL, although that's a no-go now) for Aug 20-23, with my sister and niece meeting me (also CR, they're FL gold AP holders) from Aug 21-23. The whole weekend was planned around MNSSHP. We had Cruella reservations (still showing up in our plans, although I definitely think that will be axed), but my sister hadn't yet purchased the actual party tix - I went onto UT this morning and bought them, immediately linked them. I'm assuming these are existing inventory (although you know what they say about assumptions).

I was thinking fireworks are still possible if the crowds are very limited , Shanghai also resumed their parades pretty quickly. There is hope. I guess it depends on how many tickets they have actually sold.

Whats up with Shanghai? Where are they at now s far as capacity, dining, parades, fireworks, etc?

Whats up with Shanghai? Where are they at now s far as capacity, dining, parades, fireworks, etc?
Shanghai is having parades and not sure about fireworks yet,but they are having stage shows and people stand in marked areas at a safe distance. Their character dining came back in a different form at their resort hotel, before the park even opened. Their capacity has also increased. The Halloween party sounds doable, maybe just a little different.

Shanghai is having parades and not sure about fireworks yet,but they are having stage shows and people stand in marked areas at a safe distance. Their character dining came back in a different form at their resort hotel, before the park even opened. Their capacity has also increased. The Halloween party sounds doable, maybe just a little different.

and just keep in mind, that was all within a month of reopening shanghai. our trip is still a good 4+ months away. and the first halloween party is 2.5 months away.

I would just caution anyone making comparisons to Shanghai.

the government is different there. Every single person has QR code on their phone linked to their covid status, mass testing and no new cases. Each disbey Park has to navigate based on the government and the regulations at play.

I hope the parties still happen but only if it's worth it to have them. A party without fireworks, parades or meet & greets? There really isn't a point to have one then.

Personally, I hope they DO still have the parties even if all those aspects have still been halted. Being able to enjoy the Halloween decor, Halloween music, and a night of rides with low crowds would absolutely be worth it to us. We are very much in the minority I'm sure, but I'd take that kind of party versus the overcrowded, oversold event that we experienced last year.

I hope the parties still happen but only if it's worth it to have them. A party without fireworks, parades or meet & greets? There really isn't a point to have one then.
We differ greatly in this respect. I've done the fireworks, parades and meet & greets many times and won't miss them this time around. Just being able to go for me is the draw.

I moved my dates a month ago and tried to cancel my party tickets to no avail since I also shortened my stay. They did allow me to change the dates. If and when the parties begin, there are no fireworks or a parade, I wI’ll call again about cancelling and refunding. Last year, the party I attended was insanely crowded.

They currently aren’t selling anymore so I think they are keeping track.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding your point, but they stopped all ticket sales. It wasn’t just mnsshp ticket sales stopped to see how many people would be at each party.

Personally, I hope they DO still have the parties even if all those aspects have still been halted. Being able to enjoy the Halloween decor, Halloween music, and a night of rides with low crowds would absolutely be worth it to us. We are very much in the minority I'm sure, but I'd take that kind of party versus the overcrowded, oversold event that we experienced last year.

I would not assume that you would be able to do more rides. For all we know they could cut ride cast members if they cut attendance.

I would not assume that you would be able to do more rides. For all we know they could cut ride cast members if they cut attendance.

At this point, we can assume the worst or we can assume the best. When Disney knows they are already cutting the value from their product for most folks, I'll go with the latter and put some trust in a company that has historically been known as the leader in the guest experience. It may be misguided but at this point, but that approach makes me feel better......especially when it is just speculation on ALL sides.

If I believed all the negativity on these boards, Disney wouldn't have even reopened until 2021.

Reservations will be required for daily admittance. Your party ticket would your entry for the party (day guests would be gone). Now, it’s feasible you may not be able to enter PRIOR to 7 without a reservation, but you would not be shut out of the party. (Assuming the parties happen, of course!)

My Cruella’s hideaway got cancelled overnight. No email or pending credit on statement indicating a refund yet. How long should I wait to contact Disney about it?

My Cruella’s hideaway got cancelled overnight. No email or pending credit on statement indicating a refund yet. How long should I wait to contact Disney about it?

When refunds post is dependent on the specific credit card more than Disney. For me, they are never immediate - usually takes 2-4 days before I get the notice (I have my credit card set up to get an e-mail when credits post). FWIW.

When refunds post is dependent on the specific credit card more than Disney. For me, they are never immediate - usually takes 2-4 days before I get the notice (I have my credit card set up to get an e-mail when credits post). FWIW.
Ok thanks. Since things are in such a flux in their system right now, I just worry normal processes might be messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter