"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, which was set to take place on select nights from August 13 – November 1, 2020, has officially been canceled.
There you have it folks. 😭

if you already purchased a ticket to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for one of the originally scheduled dates in 2020, you will be able to get a refund.

Disney H2O Glow Nights at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon will also be canceled for 2020

Disney stated that they will be providing Guests with more information over the coming weeks.

This!! If anything is already set up to limit the amount of people for social distancing, MNSSHP is it. Further limit the tickets sales, still have trick or treat and fireworks and open rides and restaurants. I guess it isn't financial feasible for them. :sad1:

While Universal will most likely have HHN. I assume it’s cause Disney starts so damn early with these parties now when it’s no where near a Halloween.

I don't think it's necessarily the start date. I think it has to do with the biggest part of MNSSHP: parade, shows, fireworks, passing out candy. Those are all very crowd/interaction heavy things. With the houses at HHN, they could possibly feed people through like an attraction, but who knows. I suspect MVMCP will get canceled too, because of similar issues to MNSSHP, unless things turn around drastically.

How sad. We only attended once but it was great fun. All the things we did at the party are problematic during a pandemic. Super crowded line for Jack and Sally. Hocus pocus show. Parade. Looking at the seven dwarfs without getting in line. Trick or treating. We also did a couple rides and those were the only part of the party that was not crowded.

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, which was set to take place on select nights from August 13 – November 1, 2020, has officially been canceled.
There you have it folks. 😭
Honestly, this was a for sure to get cancelled. I never expected they would have it. With reduced hours and capacity level, there was never a chance. I

While I'm on the "taking it seriously" train, for those of us that were planning on showing our kids Disney for the first time in 2020... it really sucks.

This is not a good time to take kids anywhere I am guessing. I had September 11th tickets. This will not be the last cancellation. You watch, next will be the closing of POR, POFQ and the rest of Disney's non-DVC locations perhaps for many years. It will take one major outbreak at any park or resort to close all of Disney World for a very long time. My original prediction was a year closure at least for all of Florida's parks due to this.

Sorry for the negative but there it is. Hope I am wrong.

This is not a good time to take kids anywhere I am guessing. I had September 11th tickets. This will not be the last cancellation. You watch, next will be the closing of POR, POFQ and the rest of Disney's non-DVC locations perhaps for many years. It will take one major outbreak at any park or resort to close all of Disney World for a very long time. My original prediction was a year closure at least for all of Florida's parks due to this.

I think you are right on the money!

UNLESS a vaccine is available before then (which I'm optimistically hopeful that it will be)

Hope for the best, expect the worst. The common cold is a coronavirus, still no vaccination for that. I know the common cold can be one of many viruses. By the time a vaccine is made available this thing could wipe out the economy of the world unless we buck up and just let nature take it's course. It's all a matter for debate I guess. You won't see the Christmas party either, or any New Year eve parties. If Disney has enough money to keep maintenance up on all their properties and parks they will survive this because we will support them. It's just a matter of time really.

not sure if you were directing this at me but I was fully prepared and stocked up in January and early February when everyone said there was no way disney would ever close. My point was only if you had planned on showing your child Disney in 2020 it sucks (covid). I would not have taken my child to MNNSHP anyway this year....

not sure if you were directing this at me but I was fully prepared and stocked up in January and early February when everyone said there was no way disney would ever close. My point was only if you had planned on showing your child Disney in 2020 it sucks (covid). I would not have taken my child to MNNSHP anyway this year....

No offense meant. And for the record I had fully planned on keeping my booking till they canceled MNSSHP. No children this trip. I am awake to how much Disney really does not want us there to catch this thing now...and sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter