"Official" 2020 MVMCP (Cancelled) Special holiday festivities start Nov 6th new info starts in Page 12

I am looking to reschedule our end of July trip due to COVID, so for the first time ever, I am looking to go in December (being cautiously optimistic about 2020!).

Yeah - November and December are going to be crowded but....they were crowded last year too.

I'm heading down for Thanksgiving - hoping to catch MVMCP during our stay but we are probably going to do a fair amount of Disney Springs and resort time - we're staying at Wilderness Lodge so I'm REALLY looking forward to the Christmas vibes.

We went to the party last year and it was sold out and not terrible to be honest. But you definitely need to make a conscious choice - do you want to ride rides or watch the special shows because we learned the hard way you definitely can't do both. Also we did buy dessert party tickets for garden plaza viewing - it was ok...I wouldn't do it again mostly because there are so many party specific snacks (both paid and included), ride overlays, shows, etc, that I felt I was wasting time. attending the dessert party because we missed out on those other things.

Honestly - I'm just happy to be planning another trip. We had to cancel our spring break trip - we should be there right now - so getting to plan something right away is like therapy. I highly recommend scoping out Disney Food Blog's write up from last year about the food and shows and schedule etc and just remember that some things are really party exclusive - so if you do go earlier in your trip or later, you might not be able to get certain things outside of the party.

AHH I can't wait. I dont care how crowded it will be - I just cant wait to walk into the park, go around the circle and turn and see the castle.

Any thoughts on when MVMCP is going to start this year? Last year, the first date was November 8th. If that holds true this year, that would mean it would be the Friday of Wine & Dine race weekend. Do you think it would start the following weekend instead?

They don’t even know when they can reopen...
I get that, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t going to announce dates for the party. Before all of this happened, I am sure they had already determined the dates. No one knows how long this is going to last, but it is not as though Disney is putting a hold on letting people book their trips either.

Can I ask what people wear to MVMCP? What do you recommend holiday tops, ugly sweater, holiday PJs? What are you planning?

I plan on wearing a Christmas Tinker Bell shirt :tink: and I'm buying 5 pairs of Christmas Minnie ears and 2 Mickey and Minnie Christmas hats from Etsy for the people I'm going with and me. I have a red long sleeve T-shirt to wear under my Tinker Bell Shirt if it chilly out. 🎄 So hopefully I'll be buying those by the end of the summer or early fall. 🤞

Any speculation on what happened yesterday? Did someone make the MVMCP page go live prematurely? And within an hour or two it was pulled? Do we think the dates and prices that were released will remain the same when it is released again?

Any speculation on what happened yesterday? Did someone make the MVMCP page go live prematurely? And within an hour or two it was pulled? Do we think the dates and prices that were released will remain the same when it is released again?
The two different sources I saw had conflicting party date info. The dates on the disneyparks blog seemed a little bit more accurate.

So what happened yesterday?

The two different sources I saw had conflicting party date info. The dates on the disneyparks blog seemed a little bit more accurate.

I didn't see any conflicting dates, and I pulled the ones that were on the actual Disney website (temporarily). But since they have been pulled, no guarantee that they will remain the same.

I didn't see any conflicting dates, and I pulled the ones that were on the actual Disney website (temporarily). But since they have been pulled, no guarantee that they will remain the same.
Yes my bad. Someone had posted a disneyparks blog post from 2019 release that’s why I was confused. Now the prices I did see for this year were starting at 105.00 as the cheapest party date.

These are the dates and prices (adult/child) that were on the Disney website for a matter of a few hours yesterday. No guarantees they will remain the same when officially released.

View attachment 486737
If I cancel the cruise and just visit the parks, I get to attend the party twice! This is great! I would not feel so bad for cancelling the cruise and just focus on the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter