"Official" 2020 MVMCP (Cancelled) Special holiday festivities start Nov 6th new info starts in Page 12

Which day of the week would likely be least crowded? We usually do the Tuesday after Thanksgiving but, it looks like it wont be held on Tuesdays. So now its between Sunday Nov 30th,Monday Dec 1 or Thursday Dec 3?

People always try to strategize on the least crowded party/day of the week, but in my opinion any differences are just shades of grey and I’d personally pick a date that works best in your overall trip plan over anything else. So I’d be inclined not to overthink it too much if possible.

Which day of the week would likely be least crowded? We usually do the Tuesday after Thanksgiving but, it looks like it wont be held on Tuesdays. So now its between Sunday Nov 30th,Monday Dec 1 or Thursday Dec 3?
I am planning on Dec 3. I think the Sunday/Monday ones will be more crowded because of Thanksgiving weekend and the Thursday one is less expensive

Last edited:
We booked a trip for October 31 - November 7 based on speculation that the first MVMCP date would be Friday, November 6. We were hoping to attend the first party and also see the castle lit up. Based on the leaked dates, it looks like the first Christmas party will be November 8. Last year the first Elsa's Frozen Holiday Wish occurred on November 3, so I am hoping for an early date this year too. When do you think the Magic Kingdom will be decorated for Christmas?

We booked a trip for October 31 - November 7 based on speculation that the first MVMCP date would be Friday, November 6. We were hoping to attend the first party and also see the castle lit up. Based on the leaked dates, it looks like the first Christmas party will be November 8. Last year the first Elsa's Frozen Holiday Wish occurred on November 3, so I am hoping for an early date this year too. When do you think the Magic Kingdom will be decorated for Christmas?
Our first trip to WDW started on 10/28 and we were there until the day before the first Christmas party. It amazed me how more and more Christmas stuff was out each morning when we'd go to the parks! It should be pretty close to complete during your trip! We were able to at least get pictures on Main St with the decorations for our Christmas cards.

x
We rescheduled from July to December 20th - 27th. Hoping for a party on 12/20!
The dates were posted for a short while on the WDW site but then removed. There will be one on Dec, 20 and Dec. 22.

Last edited:
I have a feeling we won't see these tickets on sale until they open the parks again. They need to make sure things will go well before they sell tickets, just to have to refund them

Our governor stated yesterday that he is not ready to open movie theaters. People are too closed in, so what does that tell you? Think Haunted Mansion, ROTR, Mickey’s Philharmonic, just to name a few.

Our governor stated yesterday that he is not ready to open movie theaters. People are too closed in, so what does that tell you? Think Haunted Mansion, ROTR, Mickey’s Philharmonic, just to name a few.
AMC at Disney Springs is planning on being open in July for the next big releases on the schedule. We will know more as it goes along but today we are one day closer to knowing.

I am close to my ADR date, and was planning our trip around Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I still have not seen the ability to purchase tickets we are within 180 days of the typical start of the party. What are everyone's thoughts on when or if tickets will be on sale. Do you believe they may not do the party this year?

I am close to my ADR date, and was planning our trip around Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I still have not seen the ability to purchase tickets we are within 180 days of the typical start of the party. What are everyone's thoughts on when or if tickets will be on sale. Do you believe they may not do the party this year?

I read something that tickets would go on sale in July/August.

I certainly want to get a ticket, but I also want to wait and see how the re-opening goes before I purchase anything so I am fine if they wait til the fall to sell them

The fact that they haven't released November park hours is pretty telling. I don't think we'll get any news about MVMCP until they can figure out how park hours will be impacted by all of this, and 6 months out from now is I'm sure low on their priority list as they determine how to make changes for when they reopen in the next few weeks.

Any news regarding the Christmas party or the later portion of the year in general? Certainly makes things difficult to plan with ADR windows opening up soon for most of us planning a December trip. Personally I wouldn't go to Disney if there are going to be limited offerings and restrictions. And I would be fully understanding if that may be the case for the interest of heath and safety for the remainder of 2020. I'd just like to know this sooner rather than later so I can reschedule my trip. I'd also like to know just so I can start to regain a small psychological glimpse that at some point in the future normalcy awaits us.

Any news regarding the Christmas party or the later portion of the year in general? Certainly makes things difficult to plan with ADR windows opening up soon for most of us planning a December trip. Personally I wouldn't go to Disney if there are going to be limited offerings and restrictions. And I would be fully understanding if that may be the case for the interest of heath and safety for the remainder of 2020. I'd just like to know this sooner rather than later so I can reschedule my trip. I'd also like to know just so I can start to regain a small psychological glimpse that at some point in the future normalcy awaits us.

Yea, I posted in another thread that they should put almost prevent guests from booking ADRs if a schedule isn't posted for the day. They seem to be tweaking the available times in the dining reservation systems, but aren't publishing park hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter