"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

Tron is going in seconds at 6PM.
Ugh. We bought tickets to both the Halloween and Christmas parties before we knew it would be a VQ. We got it at the Halloween party (barely?) but it still puts a bad taste in my mouth that they are selling more (very expensive!) party tickets than they can accommodate people on a 1 minute attraction.

If anything, they should have made it opt in/out for the Tron ride at time of purchase on a first come first serve basis so the people who really want to ride can secure it or change their dates accordingly instead of having a high stakes lottery with stress and disappointment for many on the day of the party.

Ok, so this might be crazy and obviously too early to tell with any certainty, but if the WDW Christmas experts in the thread would indulge me to the best of their abilities I’d really appreciate it:

So, we’re planning a short trip for November 8-11 of 2024. I know the party started the 9th this year, is that something that is historically pretty consistent? How Christmasy does WDW usually get by that time? I heard that resorts are decorated on like a lottery system - does anyone know if there’s any truth to that?

I know it’s crazy to be asking these sorts of questions a year out, and I don’t expect extremely solid answers, I’m just looking for any insight I can get because my wife has her heart set on a Christmas-themed trip next year and that might be the best weekend for us to go.

Thanks!

Edit; sorry everyone, I found a bunch of historical data about Christmas decorations and stuff here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/🎄...sorts-thread🎄-boardwalk-update-11-14.3932476/

I’m going to leave my comment on this thread in case anyone gets lost and ends up here like I did :)

Last edited:

Ok, so this might be crazy and obviously too early to tell with any certainty, but if the WDW Christmas experts in the thread would indulge me to the best of their abilities I’d really appreciate it:

So, we’re planning a short trip for November 8-11 of 2024. I know the party started the 9th this year, is that something that is historically pretty consistent? How Christmasy does WDW usually get by that time? I heard that resorts are decorated on like a lottery system - does anyone know if there’s any truth to that?

I know it’s crazy to be asking these sorts of questions a year out, and I don’t expect extremely solid answers, I’m just looking for any insight I can get because my wife has her heart set on a Christmas-themed trip next year and that might be the best weekend for us to go.

Thanks!

Edit; sorry everyone, I found a bunch of historical data about Christmas decorations and stuff here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/🎄...sorts-thread🎄-boardwalk-update-11-14.3932476/

I’m going to leave my comment on this thread in case anyone gets lost and ends up here like I did :)
Obviously too early to know for sure but:

2018 my wife and I flew in on Halloween, which was a Wednesday, and did the party that night. We went back to MK on Wednesday Nov 7th because it was not a MVMCP day, but the tree and all sorts of Christmas decorations were all up in preparation for the first party, which I’m guessing was Thurs the 8th.

That’s very similar to this year: Halloween on a Tuesday, with a bonus Halloween party on Nov 1. They still turned around the decor and did the first MVMCP this year on Thursday Nov 9. Thursday was the first party day last year too, and they pulled it off despite a hurricane the day before.

2024 calendar is pushing it though. Halloween is Thursday instead of Wednesday due to leap year. They seem to do an 8 day turnaround on the regular, from last MNSSHP to first MVMCP. I don’t know if they’d start CP on Fri Nov 8 or push it until the following week. That would be like 2019’s calendar, so maybe you could look up what they did then?

Thanks!

In 2019 Wine & Dine falls on the same dates as in 2024 so scrolled into my camera roll and the only holiday stuff I have any pictures of was jingle cruise running Saturday 11/2

Am I thinking about this correctly? If we are more interested in getting in the max # of rides and cookies, should we hit the rides while everyone is at the first parade And then hit the 11:00 parade?

Or are the lines longer earlier in the party, even with people lining up for the first parade? I would think that the early one is the more popular parade but then I read that lines are crazy from 7-10ish. My wife wants to see the early shows and first parade but I don’t think we will get a lot done doing it that way. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
anyone else notice the new hours.....

On the party for the 19th they have no times for the "MMMC" (castle show) or the Parade. They are there for the 21st & 22nd (and Sunday 26th).
Hi, I purchased tickets for the 19th a while ago, and also noticed there is no parade or castle show apparently? I am thinking of trying to cancel if that is the case.

Hi, I purchased tickets for the 19th a while ago, and also noticed there is no parade or castle show apparently? I am thinking of trying to cancel if that is the case.
I’m sure these event will be happening (weather permitting) as they are an important part of the party. I would believe it’s just a miss on updating the app, not that they are not scheduled.

I know there's a HUGE Virtual "how to" Queue thread, but hoping someone can take pity on me and just answer 1 question here. If 2 people, should both have to try for their own VQ - using separate phones or can I just be the "VQ" person, and if I get lucky, just specify 2 guests riding?

I know there's a HUGE Virtual "how to" Queue thread, but hoping someone can take pity on me and just answer 1 question here. If 2 people, should both have to try for their own VQ - using separate phones or can I just be the "VQ" person, and if I get lucky, just specify 2 guests riding?
One of you can get it for both of you! I’m the VQ person with my groups cause I have the fastest fingers 🤣

As long as person number 2 is on your friend’s & family list and you both have party credentials
Pro tip go in just before 6 to select your party to save time

Am I thinking about this correctly? If we are more interested in getting in the max # of rides and cookies, should we hit the rides while everyone is at the first parade And then hit the 11:00 parade?

Or are the lines longer earlier in the party, even with people lining up for the first parade? I would think that the early one is the more popular parade but then I read that lines are crazy from 7-10ish. My wife wants to see the early shows and first parade but I don’t think we will get a lot done doing it that way. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Bump

As someone that has never done MVMCP before, going with a group of 10.. are there any tips and such for how to get the most out of this party?

Both of you should both try to get the VQ for both of you exactly at 6:00:00.

Reactions: shh

I'm no expert at all, but what I would do if I wanted to prioritize rides and treats is try to get in as close to 4pm as possible. Try to do the rides that have no overlays before the party starts. I'd catch the Frozen show at 6:15 leaving more time during the party to do rides. I'd buy the treats I was interested in as soon as the party starts so I don't run the risk of them selling out. I'd only try to get cookies if the lines aren't too long; by the end of the night they are almost a walk on. If the fireworks were a priority, I'd catch those and then wait for the 11pm parade. If you don't mind missing out on the fireworks, you can watch the first parade and then spend the rest of the night doing rides and getting cookies and cocoa. Then I'd catch the last show at 11:55. This is how I would maximize my time.

I'm no expert at all, but what I would do if I wanted to prioritize rides and treats is try to get in as close to 4pm as possible. Try to do the rides that have no overlays before the party starts. I'd catch the Frozen show at 6:15 leaving more time during the party to do rides. I'd buy the treats I was interested in as soon as the party starts so I don't run the risk of them selling out. I'd only try to get cookies if the lines aren't too long; by the end of the night they are almost a walk on. If the fireworks were a priority, I'd catch those and then wait for the 11pm parade. If you don't mind missing out on the fireworks, you can watch the first parade and then spend the rest of the night doing rides and getting cookies and cocoa. Then I'd catch the last show at 11:55. This is how I would maximize my time.
Great points. Thank you! Didn’t think about seeing the Frozen show at 6:15 and checking that off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter