Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Looks like the passholder rates came out for our dates and are much better than the stay more save more.I already have a room reserved,do I call in and modify it or do I just cancel and rebook online?
I prefer to do things online, so I book a new reservation then cancel the old one. It takes about a week to get the deposit refund to show up on my credit card. When I have tried to switch by phone from one type of rate to AP, they have told me they have to cancel and rebook also, they can't apply the SMSM deposit to an AP reservation. This was a few years ago, I haven't tried since.

Happy to have an AP for Portofino but ...

What happened to RPR? I looked regularly and never saw 2 Qn. bed being available. Did I miss it? June 11-16 . I've seen King & Hospitality. Does Universal hold back?

Last year the never offered an APH rate for RPR, HRH or PBH during Memorial Day weekend. I know because I was monitoring for that weekend and finally gave up. It was the first time I wasn't able to get an APH rate for those three. I did notice that PBH has an APH rate right now for Memorial Day weekend. AND, they are during room renovations during that time . . . of course.

Anyone know why there are no AP rates for Royal Pacific for Memorial Day weekend but there ARE AP rates for Portofino and Hard Rock? Queen rooms at Royal Pacific have stayed priced at $382, but Portofino and Hard Rock have come down to $299 and $269. I really don't want to change resorts but this is frustrating as to why they would offer a discount at two of the deluxe resorts but not the third.

Business conventions book blocks of rooms sometimes years in advance
If they do not fill them xxx days out, they release them back to the hotel

When those rooms are released to the public, they can go fast

In past years I have been able to book a room at RP when that happened
(And room rate was great)

I switched from RPR to PB for May 26-31. Saved about $150 overall, but have never stayed at PB so I'm good. My son may bulk at it being not as close to the parks, but I think he'll love the pool. We always said we'd pool hop.... we never have in many visits.

Nooooo! You're suppose to tell us just check back and we'll magically see AP discounts at RPR - all rooms available!!!

I know, I know.... keep checking! :surfweb:

Last summer they released PB and HRH first. RPR rates did eventually come up for our dates but we stuck with Hard Rock so you never know. That was for July.

Anyone know why there are no AP rates for Royal Pacific for Memorial Day weekend but there ARE AP rates for Portofino and Hard Rock? Queen rooms at Royal Pacific have stayed priced at $382, but Portofino and Hard Rock have come down to $299 and $269. I really don't want to change resorts but this is frustrating as to why they would offer a discount at two of the deluxe resorts but not the third.

I switched without hesitation. PBH is a beautiful hotel, and saving $231 is worth it. If RPH AP rate is released, I might switch back. But for now, I’m happy with my decision.

Looks like the passholder rates came out for our dates and are much better than the stay more save more.I already have a room reserved,do I call in and modify it or do I just cancel and rebook online?
On numerous occasions I have been able to call the reservation number from the confirmation email to have the AP rate added. Usually I just explain that I have an existing reservation, there is now AP rates available, and can they add discount to my room. Have never had to cancel and re-book. Phone conversation lasted less than five minutes. Received the updated confirmation email within minutes.

On numerous occasions I have been able to call the reservation number from the confirmation email to have the AP rate added. Usually I just explain that I have an existing reservation, there is now AP rates available, and can they add discount to my room. Have never had to cancel and re-book. Phone conversation lasted less than five minutes. Received the updated confirmation email within minutes.
Call, Easy Peasy.

Nope! Did not work, I called (888) 464-3551 and Kim told me if the room is available then they would change my reservation to reflect an AP discount. This is just like Disney's policy. 2 Queen's are not available for mid June at Royal Pacific.

Nope! Did not work, I called (888) 464-3551 and Kim told me if the room is available then they would change my reservation to reflect an AP discount. This is just like Disney's policy. 2 Queen's are not available for mid June at Royal Pacific.
Just to clarify, my dates showed up on the website as having APH rates available for the room type that I had already booked. Only then did I call and have them add the discount.

Just to clarify, my dates showed up on the website as having APH rates available for the room type that I had already booked. Only then did I call and have them add the discount.

Now that makes sense! Oh well, I'll keep hoping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter