Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Nope! Did not work, I called (888) 464-3551 and Kim told me if the room is available then they would change my reservation to reflect an AP discount. This is just like Disney's policy. 2 Queen's are not available for mid June at Royal Pacific.

Were you expecting a different answer? Of course that’s how it works. If the rate is available, they will flip an existing reservation over as long as you are not in the cancellation period.

keep checking, inventory changes frequently; especially as the date nears & room blocks are released.

Perhaps you are talking a different room type in this scenario, If a room isn’t available when you check your existing reservation rate via a search for the exact same: bedding, type/view, dates & number of occupants...how would you even know if there was an APH rate for your dates?

Were you expecting a different answer? Of course that’s how it works. If the rate is available, they will flip an existing reservation over as long as you are not in the cancellation period.

keep checking, inventory changes frequently; especially as the date nears & room blocks are released.

Perhaps you are talking a different room type in this scenario, If a room isn’t available when you check your existing reservation rate via a search for the exact same: bedding, type/view, dates & number of occupants...how would you even know if there was an APH rate for your dates?

What's the problem here? I didn't ask a question. And no, if both the room and rate is available then and only then will Universal flip an existing reservation.
That's not what is implied here, is it?

"On numerous occasions I have been able to call the reservation number from the confirmation email to have the AP rate added. Usually I just explain that I have an existing reservation, there is now AP rates available, and can they add discount to my room. Have never had to cancel and re-book. Phone conversation lasted less than five minutes. Received the updated confirmation email within minutes."

"Call, Easy Peasy."

And just how are people to know all the ins and outs of Universal if they haven't been there as often as you obviously.

Nope! Did not work, I called (888) 464-3551 and Kim told me if the room is available then they would change my reservation to reflect an AP discount. This is just like Disney's policy. 2 Queen's are not available for mid June at Royal Pacific.
You didn’t ask a question as much as remark upon my response as to how to easily convert an existing reservation to a lower price via calling.

What's the problem here? I didn't ask a question. And no, if both the room and rate is available then and only then will Universal flip an existing reservation.

"On numerous occasions I have been able to call the reservation number from the confirmation email to have the AP rate added. Usually I just explain that I have an existing reservation, there is now AP rates available, and can they add discount to my room. Have never had to cancel and re-book. Phone conversation lasted less than five minutes. Received the updated confirmation email within minutes."

"Call, Easy Peasy."

And just how are people to know all the ins and outs of Universal if they haven't been there as often as you obviously.

Up until reading this, had no idea there was a problem

I have no idea what you are implying. I was merely responding as to how I interpreted your statement as to the lack of ease in modifying a Loews reservation via calling them direct

I do wish one could modify Loews reservations online to a different rate as easily you can with DIsney World but we have to work within the current system in place.

This thread was originated to try to keep track of the APH rates, as well as being factual, encouraging and supportive to all who post here. It is unfortunate that you feel that you have received anything less, I’m sure it wasn’t intended.

One thing I know with utmost certainty is that none of us here know ‘all the ins and outs of Universal’, ergo these boards.

Frequency of visits certainly doesn’t equate to one who finds the best price on their lodgings either. As for the people I know who travel the most, price is rarely their bigggest concern/criteria. Doesn’t apply to me, I have to stretch my travel budget to cover my habit.

Last edited:

"Call, Easy Peasy."

1. Tone it down
2. Don’t mock posters
3. Play nice

Happy to have an AP for Portofino but ...

What happened to RPR? I looked regularly and never saw 2 Qn. bed being available. Did I miss it? June 11-16 . I've seen King & Hospitality. Does Universal hold back?

Most definitely yes they hold back/release more later and that is why many of us check daily for AP rates for months. Sometimes the initial AP rate I book goes down even more and I rebook that. Online I was unable to modify my reservation to the lower rate for the exact same room type and dates but I added a non-existent child to my reservation and then I could grab the lower rate. A bit crazy I know but I will do anything to avoid calling. I am usually booking Cabana Bay and I often see APH rates only on the more expensive rooms, eventually standard ones come out.

SCSabresfan had a different experience with modifying to AP rate than I did, perhaps they have changed their policy. Or maybe my aging memory is failing and I was trying to also switch resorts.

JIK i missed it here when I was away, in order to keep the thread up to date, have we seen any APH rates past the reported 10/20?

Yes, they're available through the night of 10/31.

But not seeing the deluxes that far out yet.

Just booked a one bedroom at Portofino for July! $700 all in for the six of us. We were wanting to try Hard Rock, but I would rather have the savings (plus Portofino is my fav!).

Most definitely yes they hold back/release more later and that is why many of us check daily for AP rates for months. Sometimes the initial AP rate I book goes down even more and I rebook that. Online I was unable to modify my reservation to the lower rate for the exact same room type and dates but I added a non-existent child to my reservation and then I could grab the lower rate. A bit crazy I know but I will do anything to avoid calling. I am usually booking Cabana Bay and I often see APH rates only on the more expensive rooms, eventually standard ones come out.

SCSabresfan had a different experience with modifying to AP rate than I did, perhaps they have changed their policy. Or maybe my aging memory is failing and I was trying to also switch resorts.
It also depends very much on the mood of the person you talk to when trying to change rates. If they have had a long day of people complaining or yelling at them, it could definitely put them in a bad, uncooperative mood. I always try to be nice and cheerful to them as I can only imagine that the majority of callers are calling to complain. I have had several thank me for taking the time to ask them how they are doing. Little things go a long way. It's possible I just got very fortunate and caught the right people on the right day.

DisneyFix-are you going the beginning of August? I have a King suite booked starting August 9th, looks like the AP rate isn't available yet for that date-Getting close...but not close enough, lol!

DisneyFix-are you going the beginning of August? I have a King suite booked starting August 9th, looks like the AP rate isn't available yet for that date-Getting close...but not close enough, lol!

Yes we are going Aug 2-9. Best of luck!

I wasn't planning on any type of spring break trip, ours falls the week before Easter this year.. but saw a rate of $286 at RP Garden 2 Queen for a Sunday to Wednesday (3/29-4/1). Rate was up for about a week. Kept telling myself to book it, reasoning to myself that we could catch the end of MG, also get the March/April AP pins. Saw it again yesterday morning, told myself just DO IT!! Welp got busy at work, went home to book the room and it was gone. Ugh..

However, there was an AP rate of $314 at HR for the same dates, Garden View 2 Queens. Not as low as that RP rate but still a good deal for the HR so I booked the room to make myself feel better for letting that RP room get away from me...:) Never stayed at HR so this will be a new adventure and I'm pretty happy about it! I guess I'm getting addicted as this is now 3 trips I have on the books for this year. AP really does pay off!

Just checked and my rate for CBBR in early May has gone down by $10/night. I found that if I changed to a different room category (exterior entry family suite), saved the change, and then went back to the original room category (interior entry family suite) I could change to the lower rate without having to call. From what I remember of the rates it looks like only CBBR and Endless Summer have gone down. Aventura, SF and the deluxe resorts still have the same rates (as far as I remember).

Saw a small drop in my May rate at CBBR also, from my email rate special of $116.35 to APH rate $114. For 3 nights it's only $8 total, so I haven't bothered to change. Hoping it will drop more. (Hoping I can still go in May!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter