*** Official August 2020 thread ***

I am now wondering if the Travel Restriction will be lifted by the time I leave for Florida on Aug 15. I am from New Jersey and the travel restriction has not been lifted for NY, NJ, or CT. Even though I am staying at the Fort in my own TT, I still have to self isolate. What good is it going if I can't go anywhere except to purchase food. In 5 days, I can start making dining res but I also read that you won't be able to go to a restaurant at any hotel unless you have a reservation, but I can't be making reservations for 2 meals a day, everyday I am there. Frustrating because if I am unable to go I will be losing money on my annual pass. Disney will refund for the amount of time of closure, but they are certainly not going to refund if I can't go due to Florida Travel Restrctions.

I am now wondering if the Travel Restriction will be lifted by the time I leave for Florida on Aug 15. I am from New Jersey and the travel restriction has not been lifted for NY, NJ, or CT. Even though I am staying at the Fort in my own TT, I still have to self isolate. What good is it going if I can't go anywhere except to purchase food. In 5 days, I can start making dining res but I also read that you won't be able to go to a restaurant at any hotel unless you have a reservation, but I can't be making reservations for 2 meals a day, everyday I am there. Frustrating because if I am unable to go I will be losing money on my annual pass. Disney will refund for the amount of time of closure, but they are certainly not going to refund if I can't go due to Florida Travel Restrctions.

Well, as of this morning it looks like Republican national convention is coming to Jacksonville Florida at the end of August. The last thing the state is going to want to do it look like they don’t want to include representatives from the whole US. My guess is they’ll be dropping the restrictions sooner rather than later - we’ll before August.

Its supposed to end 7/7 so hopefully that actually happens for you.

Has anyone else really started to look forward to their trip like we have? It will certainly be different but will create great memories we can look back at later in life. My big issue right now is finding masks that will be comfortable to wear for long periods of time for my DD8 and wife. (still hopeful it will drop from required to recommended by mid august)

Disney sure is cutting it close - Opening July 11th. and still no news on the park reservation system. How are people supposed to plan?

Aug 15 - Sept 1 Drr10 FWL

Roll Call has been updated. Happy Planning!

I was wondering if those staying on grounds will have priority over annual passholders on how many times they can reserve days for the parks or dining reservations. I am an annual passholder also and already know that I will not get a park reservation for everyday but they haven't mentioned park reservations for onsite guests. This is my second time staying at the Fort and normally don't go to the parks everyday since we are there for so long but with not many other experiences to enjoy we may have to go to the parks more often.

Sadly, I don't think anyone really knows how any of this is going to play out. Hopefully, things will be done in a way that gives those with actual vacations booked a good chance at getting into the parks.

We will be cancelling our trip this week, sadly. Just too many unknowns still and it’s getting closer. Canadian border will likely still be closed and even if not, we can’t get extra time off to self quarantine for 2 weeks.

just pretend my username is Apr2021distrip.

Have fun August planners, I am hoping you all have a great time, we so wish we could stay!!

We will be cancelling our trip this week, sadly. Just too many unknowns still and it’s getting closer. Canadian border will likely still be closed and even if not, we can’t get extra time off to self quarantine for 2 weeks.

Have fun August planners, I am hoping you all have a great time, we so wish we could stay!!
I am actually laughing out loud about pretending about your username. That is hilarious.

Here’s hoping April 2021 is here before you know it.

Sorry you had to cancel your trip, however, I believe you are making the right decision. Roll Call has been updated. Here is hoping that April2021 things are much closer to back to normal.

Hey Yall
We are booked at Pop for Aug 21-30th! Still plan on going, its just adult trip. Killing me that we have no idea if Pop will be open or not or if they have to move us. Also wanting to make my park reservations and dining reservations so bad! lol 67days left

Well... we went ahead and cancelled our trip too. My husband has asthma and not sure if wearing the mask in the Florida summer weather would be the best for him. He does fine normally, but the masks are a little irritating for him even without adding in humidity. We have until February to use our DVC points so we’ll probably go when the weather is cooler if masks are still required.

We are headed to WDW 8/3 to 8/15 (ASsp, AKL-Kidani, and AOA). At least we know we have a place to stay for the middle part of our trip.

We are definitely in a wait and see pattern. I really can’t believe they won’t have more resorts open by August, but the idea of being upgraded to Deluxe is really attractive. We did a smaller theme park with masks this weekend. We decided it wasn’t a dealbreaker. Also tried about 6 types of masks to decide what was most comfortable in the heat. I was leaning toward a gaiter, but I switched that one out in less than half an hour. The reduced capacity at the park was a blessing and a curse. Walking in the general areas was so much nicer, but on top of only seating every other row on thrill rides, they were only running one train/car/ect instead if the 2-3 they would at busy times, so the waits were pretty long. I’ve gotten a lot more done in days when it closed because of being at capacity. I hope Disney has a smoother roll out. We were also frustrated by the lack of enforcement for masks and distancing. If you are going to require it, you also have to enforce it. Otherwise you just piss odd the people doing what they are supposed to.

We are definitely in a wait and see pattern. I really can’t believe they won’t have more resorts open by August, but the idea of being upgraded to Deluxe is really attractive. We did a smaller theme park with masks this weekend. We decided it wasn’t a dealbreaker. Also tried about 6 types of masks to decide what was most comfortable in the heat. I was leaning toward a gaiter, but I switched that one out in less than half an hour. The reduced capacity at the park was a blessing and a curse. Walking in the general areas was so much nicer, but on top of only seating every other row on thrill rides, they were only running one train/car/ect instead if the 2-3 they would at busy times, so the waits were pretty long. I’ve gotten a lot more done in days when it closed because of being at capacity. I hope Disney has a smoother roll out. We were also frustrated by the lack of enforcement for masks and distancing. If you are going to require it, you also have to enforce it. Otherwise you just piss odd the people doing what they are supposed to.
So what type of mask did you find most comfortable? Thats my families biggest struggle right now.

Roll Call has been updated. Happy Planning!

Sadly, I don't think anyone really knows how any of this is going to play out. Hopefully, things will be done in a way that gives those with actual vacations booked a good chance at getting into the parks.
Chef Dion scheduled to arrive Aug 10 - 14 at Pop.
Currently still unable to book any ADRs and no park Reservation system information. My guess is that window won't open until 30 days out when booking fees are due in full.

Well... we went ahead and cancelled our trip too. My husband has asthma and not sure if wearing the mask in the Florida summer weather would be the best for him. He does fine normally, but the masks are a little irritating for him even without adding in humidity. We have until February to use our DVC points so we’ll probably go when the weather is cooler if masks are still required.

Roll Call has been updated. Hope your February plans work out for you!

We are headed to WDW 8/3 to 8/15 (ASsp, AKL-Kidani, and AOA). At least we know we have a place to stay for the middle part of our trip.

Roll Call has been updated. Hope things work out, and you are able to have an amazing trip!

Roll Call has been updated. Hope your February plans work out for you!

Roll Call has been updated. Hope things work out, and you are able to have an amazing trip!
THanks! It's to celebrate my son's graduation from high school! And then I'll be sending him off to college the day after we get home.

We canceled this morning. Good luck and have fun to all of you keeping your August trips. Hoping to rebook for April!

I just got the dreaded email from South West that my flights were changed. I was able to get a better return flight but now my arrival flight has a stop. So annoying.

We canceled this morning. Good luck and have fun to all of you keeping your August trips. Hoping to rebook for April!

Sorry you had to cancel. I'm pretty sure I would have too, and to be honest, I'm pretty happy that I didn't have a trip planned for this summer.

Should April not work out, the 2021 August thread is up ;)

Reactions: KSL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter