*** Official August 2020 thread ***

You might want to check your resort reservations! I just logged into MDE and our Beach Club reservation for check in on Aug 26th has been changed to Poly...
No call, no email, nothing...

Attachments

• 434EB511-963B-4375-8BCD-F5E80AC263CC.jpeg
    434EB511-963B-4375-8BCD-F5E80AC263CC.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 9
You might want to check your resort reservations! I just logged into MDE and our Beach Club reservation for check in on Aug 26th has been changed to Poly...
No call, no email, nothing...
Wow, I didn't think they were even looking at August yet at all. I hope this is an OK change for you.
Thanks for the heads up, I just checked mine for our mid-August trip, WL and FW Cabins are still as they were (expected Cabins wouldn't change).

Wow, I didn't think they were even looking at August yet at all. I hope this is an OK change for you.
Thanks for the heads up, I just checked mine for our mid-August trip, WL and FW Cabins are still as they were (expected Cabins wouldn't change).
I was shocked when i saw the change. We are not crazy about Poly but we’re ok with the change considering SAB will likely be closed.

I just got the dreaded email from South West that my flights were changed. I was able to get a better return flight but now my arrival flight has a stop. So annoying.
Update!! I was able to get back on a non stop flight at roughly the same time!! Very relieved.
Y’all, we’re getting Food and Wine! It starts July 15.
This was an awesome surprise. We are very excited for it. We always miss the start at the end of August each year.

Hi! Wondering if I can join your thread, we are scheduled for 8/1-8/7 in a split DVC stay between Villas at Grand Floridian and Boardwalk Villas. This trip has moved 5 times now since March, hopefully the 5th time is the charm! Got super excited to see the F&W update last night, but honestly, my bar is low right now :o. Just hoping for a place to stay and a few parks to visit.

Aug 8 - Aug 22 123SA ASMU

We're canceling and hoping to reschedule for next August. Florida cases are rising, NJ residents quarantine still in effect, kids summer schedules changed and husband's work is sending him over seas. I can't make this work.

Tomh - thanks for your work in running this thread. It is much appreciated.

I am so excited to join this thread! DD13 and I will be coming back to The World August 16-21, after we go on our first ever Disney Cruise. Not sure what resort we will be staying at yet...I am waiting to see what will be available for booking next Sunday. I am just so stinkin’ happy to finally be able to plan!
Please don’t shoot the messenger and I am crossing my fingers that I have misinterpreted your post somehow...but all Disney cruises are cancelled through at least September 15 😟

Please don’t shoot the messenger and I am crossing my fingers that I have misinterpreted your post somehow...but all Disney cruises are cancelled through at least September 15 😟
lol thank you for pointing this out...I actually meant 2021 and I now realize I posted in the wrong thread. Serves me right for posting while tired lol

Got all my parks reserved, so that hurdle is crossed. I need to call, maybe this afternoon and get my park hopper tickets changed to base tickets. I also need to ask about our resort since it doesn’t look like the All Stars will be open when we go and there is so much conflicting information about room upgrades.

Got all my parks reserved, so that hurdle is crossed. I need to call, maybe this afternoon and get my park hopper tickets changed to base tickets. I also need to ask about our resort since it doesn’t look like the All Stars will be open when we go and there is so much conflicting information about room upgrades.
I did as well. It was quite the stressful morning but all worked out in the end. Can you report back after speaking with Disney regarding the ticket changes? I also have hopper plus tickets and need to figure out how that refund works. I also bought mine from undercover tourist so that adds another layer of challenges.

I think I’m going to wait a week or so before calling. The craziness with the phone lines being on hold for hours because of the park reservation issues is not for me. Since I *just* need to downgrade my tickets and ask for clarification on if Disney will contact me about moving my resort, it can wait another week or two.

August here we come! Room (CBR), airline tickets, and now park tickets are booked Aug 15-22.
This is our first summer trip and we are trying to mentally prepare ourselves for the heat and humidity. We are used to November where some days I don't even sweat. Actually, I am more concerned about summer storms and squishy sneakers. I can't walk around in sandals so I guess I need to pack everyone 2 sets of sneakers.
Officially postponed our August trip to Oct/Nov. It will be our first trip over Halloween so I'm kinda excited about that. Good luck to all those who are still going in August!

I did as well. It was quite the stressful morning but all worked out in the end. Can you report back after speaking with Disney regarding the ticket changes? I also have hopper plus tickets and need to figure out how that refund works. I also bought mine from undercover tourist so that adds another layer of challenges.

I bought mine from undercover tourist as well. Not sure if it will even be worth it to downgrade my park hopper plus... can’t find where the ticket costs are...

Chef Dion scheduled to arrive Aug 10 - 14 at Pop.
Currently still unable to book any ADRs and no park Reservation system information. My guess is that window won't open until 30 days out when booking fees are due in full.

My friend, I am sorry I missed you on my last update . . . you must have been posting at the same time I was updating. You have been added to the Roll Call. Hope you have a great trip!

Hi! Wondering if I can join your thread, we are scheduled for 8/1-8/7 in a split DVC stay between Villas at Grand Floridian and Boardwalk Villas. This trip has moved 5 times now since March, hopefully the 5th time is the charm! Got super excited to see the F&W update last night, but honestly, my bar is low right now :o. Just hoping for a place to stay and a few parks to visit.

Of course you can join our thread. You have been added to the Roll Call. F&W is a pretty cool bonus. More so if crowds aren't insane!

Aug 8 - Aug 22 123SA ASMU

We're canceling and hoping to reschedule for next August. Florida cases are rising, NJ residents quarantine still in effect, kids summer schedules changed and husband's work is sending him over seas. I can't make this work.

Tomh - thanks for your work in running this thread. It is much appreciated.

123SA . .. you are most welcome. I do not blame you for cancelling one bit. Too much going on right now, too much uncertainty. You have been removed from the Roll Call. The August 2021 thread is already up, so you can go ahead and join there when ever you are ready :)

nevermind...I am an idiot and posted in wrong thread lol

Well, if you are indeed an idiot, you will be in fantastic company in any thread that I'm running :)

Officially postponed our August trip to Oct/Nov. It will be our first trip over Halloween so I'm kinda excited about that. Good luck to all those who are still going in August!

Hope you have a fantastic Oct/Nov trip!

Aug 1-8 HokieRaven5 FW can be removed from the roll call, family unit decided to wait till next year.

Aug 1-8 HokieRaven5 FW can be removed from the roll call, family unit decided to wait till next year.

You have been removed from the Roll Call. Should you decide on next August . . . the August 2021 thread is already up :) When ever you decide to reschedule, I hope you have the magical trip you are hoping for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter