OFFICIAL Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (will contain spoilers once the movie is out)

Just saw it. It was really good. It was easily in the running for my favorite, but they "Return of the Kinged" the end a bit - you know, having coda after coda. Too much. Otherwise, I love just how much this movie loves itself and every other Marvel film over the past decade. It was truly a celebration of the whole shebang!

I have to say much like Infinity War, Endgame is not the best Marvel movie. I think that is reserved more for the Marvel movies with a tighter focus, like IM3 or Winter Soldier.

However much like Infinity War, Endgame is the perfect movie for what it is and what it set out to do.

Both IW and EG juggled multiple plots/characters/humor/relationships so wonderfully. To do in those two movies what the Russos did is nothing sort of amazing. Everything came together in a perfect storm.

They are historic movies. Movies that will never be done again. Even though Marvel movies will go on, and still be awesome, and even though Avengers movies might still go on this is an end of a era. The credits show as much. The cast signing off and lack of post credit scene gives the MCU a sense of finality even as it still goes forward.

Because it's a 3 hour movie and because there is no break, i need those of you who have seen it to confirm for me (without spoilers) that the best time to use the bathroom is either 1) when the san Fransisco title card is displayed, 2) when hulk is having lunch, 3) and when the new jersey title card is displayed.... and i've read don't even think about going during the last hour.... confirm without spoilers????

I don't remember what was going on, but I went about an hour in and don't feel like I missed anything. The last hour is the greatest thing I've ever seen. You don't want to miss any of that.

This movie was a truly epic emotional roller coaster. IMO the greatest movie ever made. 11 years in the making, an amazing cinematic accomplishment.

Much like Infinity War the emotion and intensity starts in the first minute of the movie and never lets up. I teared up about 9 times and won't admit to having a tear running down my face once. 50 year old men who are built like a 25 year old cage fighter don't cry. I could hear my adult son sobbing and saw my friend on the other side wiping his eyes at one point. The entire theatre was dead silent and you could hear people sobbing.

Really overcome with emotion right now. I'll never be able to see that movie for the first time again.

Going again Saturday night and looking forward to picking up on things I missed in the heat of the moment.

Rteetz is it safe to discuss now? It does worn in the thread h title that we will be after the movie comes out.

I have to say much like Infinity War, Endgame is not the best Marvel movie. I think that is reserved more for the Marvel movies with a tighter focus, like IM3 or Winter Soldier.

However much like Infinity War, Endgame is the perfect movie for what it is and what it set out to do.

Both IW and EG juggled multiple plots/characters/humor/relationships so wonderfully. To do in those two movies what the Russos did is nothing sort of amazing. Everything came together in a perfect storm.

They are historic movies. Movies that will never be done again. Even though Marvel movies will go on, and still be awesome, and even though Avengers movies might still go on this is an end of a era. The credits show as much. The cast signing off and lack of post credit scene gives the MCU a sense of finality even as it still goes forward.

I won't debate your opinion with you, but IM3 is terrible....lol. Widely rated by pretty much everyone as the worst MCU movie.

OMG Best movie ever! I am disappointed that they left some scenes from the trailer out as well as Captain Marvel. I cried... laughed my tail off at Hulk then Thor. I thought I was going to pee myself. Don't stay for ending rolling credits. Nothing there. Going to see it again tomorrow morning.

Plans Called on Account of Snow

Well, our plans to see the movie tomorrow night at the drive-in are cancelled. We're getting snow tomorrow night! Yep! I got the grass cut this past Wednesday and we're going to get about 2" of snow Saturday into Sunday. Sheesh! This is some sort of nefarious plan of Thanos!!

We originally booked tickets for Saturday afternoon when they first went on sale - kind of our usual. Miss a lot of the initial craziness with a matinee and not the first day. Then yesterday happened and we couldn’t resist. Found some tickets that were semi-decent and booked for 7pm last night!

I freaking loved this movie. I had so much built up anticipation (more than for HP which for me is pretty nuts) and it did not disappoint. I never felt like the movie dragged, I cried at numerous points (some ridiculous admittedly lol), laughed a ton and am just so happy the way everything was wrapped up.

I'm confused.

Are we not discussing the movie yet?

Seems like people are holding back.

I liked it, but enjoyed infinity war better.

I did like how things wrapped up... Which I'd like to discuss but I don't know if we're doing that yet?

I'm confused.

Are we not discussing the movie yet?

Seems like people are holding back.

I liked it, but enjoyed infinity war better.

I did like how things wrapped up... Which I'd like to discuss but I don't know if we're doing that yet?
Title does say spoilers so I say discuss as you wish.

We also have the spoiler tag available.

I won't debate your opinion with you, but IM3 is terrible....lol. Widely rated by pretty much everyone as the worst MCU movie.

We can debate if you want. IM3 is one of the best Marvel movies. And at the time easily top 1/2 for me.

Rotten Tomatoes has IM3 above tons of movies. Above IM2, above Thor: Dark World, above Ant-Man, tied with First Avenger among others. It holds up to comparisons if you look at metascore and Sinemascore to although not exactly like RT.

I saw it last night and was hit with the "im so excited and this is going to be the best movie ever" that when I finally saw it nothing could live up to my internal hype.
It was good... I liked it.. I just felt it was lacking in some spots that Infinity War shined in.
I felt it was VERY choppy - all over the place.
I didnt like Thor at all. No way that would happen (the directors tried too hard to hit the successful points of the best MCU movie Thor: Ragnarok) and it was funny where this movie did not need that (it needed awesomeness)
I didnt like In-between Hulk.
It needed WAY more action.
You watch these movies for the ensemble and all "other characters" (Spiderman, Strange, Captian Marvel especially !!!) got like 5 mins of screen time it felt like.
Finally it drove me crazy that an armor less, glove less Thanos was still that strong. That would not happen and Iron Man, Cap, and Thor together would destroy him.

Other than those frustrations (mildly) I liked it and am sad the MCU which feels like a family member is "dead" in this version.

I saw it last night and was hit with the "im so excited and this is going to be the best movie ever" that when I finally saw it nothing could live up to my internal hype.
It was good... I liked it.. I just felt it was lacking in some spots that Infinity War shined in.
I didnt like Thor at all. No way that would happen (the directors tried too hard to hit the successful points of the best MCU movie Thor: Ragnarok) and it was funny where this movie did not need that (it needed awesomeness)
You watch these movies for the ensemble and all "other characters" (Spiderman, Strange, Captian Marvel especially !!!) got like 5 mins of screen time it felt like.
Finally it drove me crazy that an armor less, glove less Thanos was still that strong. That would not happen and Iron Man, Cap, and Thor together would destroy him.

Other than those frustrations (mildly) I liked it and am sad the MCU which feels like a family member is "dead" in this version.
I see some of your points but I think in terms of action Infinity War was the movie for that.

As for screen time, I don’t agree with that. Yeah they maybe could’ve gotten more but the whole point was they are gone. Those characters that didn’t get the screen time couldn’t because they weren’t alive.

I see some of your points but I think in terms of action Infinity War was the movie for that.

As for screen time, I don’t agree with that. Yeah they maybe could’ve gotten more but the whole point was they are gone. Those characters that didn’t get the screen time couldn’t because they weren’t alive.

No I totally get that.. The problem was as I said in the first part - in my mind (and is 100% my fault) I built it up to be the greatest thing ever to come. I dont do that with movies but this was different to me (unfort. I am going to do this with this week's Game of Thrones too)..

I get it about the characters. I just wish somehow they would have brought them back sooner maybe? Even if not the hype with Captain Marvel and for her to show up for only a few mins. may be the biggest part of that argument for me. There was so much build up with her.

Again overall I loved it and just was nit picky about those points internally... but the fun and enjoyment over weighed them for me so nothing to really complain about.

I guess I pretty much disagree with all of this.
-Thor lost everything he had in his Trilogy, and had one chance in IW to take Thanos out. He failed, but the team had a plan to reverse it at the beginning of the film. He (they) failed because Thanos destroyed the stones. Why wouldn't Thor essentially go and leave the world?
-Professor Hulk is a thing in the comics, and Banner told Hulk they needed to figure it out in IW. 5 years later, they figured out that they could live harmoniously together, having the best of both worlds - brains and strength.
-This was a send off to the original Avengers, they absolutely handled the ensemble perfectly.
-Thanos, without the stones is still all powerful, and can hold his own against the 3.

The movie was meant to put the focus on the original six avengers, which it did. The rest of the cast has a long future in the MCU and they did enough to set that up.

Thanos is the son of an Eternal of course he is that powerful even without the gauntlet... Makes perfect sense and probably not the last you will see of him either.

Also.... how could you know like the big thorbowski lol
images

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter