***Official December 2017 thread!

21 days! The waiting is so hard. Everything is ready to pack in a couple of weeks. Christmas shopping all done except for a few gift cards and gifts wrapped (we come home on Christmas eve).

Told our kids tonight - asked them to sit down in front of the tree for an early Christmas present and the 3yo whispers to his brother, "I bet it's a Disney trip!" Then have them close their eyes and set the plain MB box down and they open them and he yells "YEP ITS MAGIC BANDS!" (We gifted a Disney trip last year before Christmas too. They are going to be bummed next year when they don't get magic bands!)

Lord my kids are spoiled for life lol. They are so excited now, and I don't have to pack on the sly. 13 days!!!

Thought I would share the Minnie & Mickey ears I've been working on. This forum is one of the only places I can share my Disney DIY guilty pleasure!

Star Wars Minnie ears:
1234394.jpg

Star Wars ears hat:
2n0iux0.jpg

25urwyc.jpg

Light up garland Minnie ears:
sw908l.jpg

Stitch ears hat:
vhrmky.jpg

2ivd8g8.jpg

Goofy ears hat - a knock-off of a $30 hat I saw on Amazon!
2ce3j4n.jpg

R2D2 Minnie Ears:
11qsec0.jpg

Thought I would share the Minnie & Mickey ears I've been working on. This forum is one of the only places I can share my Disney DIY guilty pleasure!

Star Wars Minnie ears:
1234394.jpg

Star Wars ears hat:
2n0iux0.jpg

25urwyc.jpg

sw908l.jpg

Stitch ears hat:
vhrmky.jpg

2ivd8g8.jpg

2ce3j4n.jpg

R2D2 Minnie Ears:
11qsec0.jpg
Oh wow!those looks so good!

5 days until we leave. Work will be slammed, after work will be slammed with soccer practices. I have to find a time I can get to the chiropractor. Its going to be a VERY long and busy week. We won't even pack until Saturday when we fly out. At least we will have about 8 hours Saturday to get everything done and packed.

Star Wars Minnie ears:
1234394.jpg

Star Wars ears hat:
2n0iux0.jpg

25urwyc.jpg

sw908l.jpg

Stitch ears hat:
vhrmky.jpg

2ivd8g8.jpg

2ce3j4n.jpg

R2D2 Minnie Ears:
11qsec0.jpg
Wow those are amazing. Lots of fun! I am sure you will get asked a ton about them when In WDW. People will want to know where you bought them!

Actually packed the carry on suitcase this weekend!! So our Magic Bands, the Christmas decor for our window at Pop, the Hogwarts robes & wand for my youngest, our mouse ears, our mouse keeping envelopes....all those little goodies are packed!!!

Will wait until next weekend to pack our clothes -- mainly cause I have to do laundry. lol :laundy:

14 more days!!!

5 days until we leave. Work will be slammed, after work will be slammed with soccer practices. I have to find a time I can get to the chiropractor. Its going to be a VERY long and busy week. We won't even pack until Saturday when we fly out. At least we will have about 8 hours Saturday to get everything done and packed.
I leave Wednesday and battling what I think is a UTI. Back and forth to doctors and the clock is ticking! I have had no time to finish packing. I’m just glad I already packed my children’s stuff so I’ll just throw my stuff in last minute if I have to. Just hoping my pain goes away!!

I leave Wednesday and battling what I think is a UTI. Back and forth to doctors and the clock is ticking! I have had no time to finish packing. I’m just glad I already packed my children’s stuff so I’ll just throw my stuff in last minute if I have to. Just hoping my pain goes away!!

Miserable! Cranberry juice and uristat might help until the antibiotic kicks in. And chug chug chug water!

Found a minor hiccup with our reservation and I am not going to worry about it too much. I submitted my online check-in a while ago with my selections. Checked it last night and saw that it never updated. Turns out since it is a DVC owner rental, I cannot make changes. I do not want to bug her at this point because she is preparing to leave in 4 days as well. Since we should be arriving around 7AM, I will go to the front desk check-in to see if they can make an assignment change there. If not, we will go where ever they put us.

We're seeing the 5pm CP show with NPH on Dec 20, once it's finished what are the chances of us making it to MK for the 6:15 castle lighting?

We're seeing the 5pm CP show with NPH on Dec 20, once it's finished what are the chances of us making it to MK for the 6:15 castle lighting?
That may be tight no matter what route you take. Not sure of specifics, by CP is about 30 minutes and you are at the back of Epcot. Walking to the front of Epcot puts you about 20 minutes. You could Uber from there or double hop monorails but you have to go through security twice. You could walk to BC, YC, BW and Uber over. That is still a bit of time consuming. Then walking from CR to the entrance + security. Its doable, but I think it is difficult.

Is anyone else having a problem completing the check in through the magic experience app?
I’ve tried several times and I’m getting the message that it’s unavailable. I’m expected to arrive on 12/28. Not sure if that makes a difference.

2 weeks from now and we will be in the sky on our way!!! And only 5 days till we finally tell the kids! The surprise is getting harder and harder to keep.

Back in the 80's our parents told us we were going to Spain (we live in England) but they had booked WDW. They were supposed to tell us at the airport but ended up telling us a month before, I can't tell you how ecstatic we were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter