***Official December 2017 thread!

Leaving in 3 days! I think we are set with everything except food delivery. With our 13 month old, we will need some snacks to keep her in the stroller, pouches of veggies to make sure she gets her intake while on the go, diapers, milk, yogurt, bottled water, etc. problem is we are staying at two resorts so wasn’t going to order amazon prime now until 3 days into our vacation when we check into our last resort. But I think I might have to make two orders and just get all the non refrigerated foods the first night and one carton of milk and then order the rest of the milk, yogurt and other things for the second resort. This is going to be tough!

The next 2 weeks are going to be rough. I'm already getting the 'itis at work, not wanting to do a thing haha.

I have just a few essentials to pick up before we drive down - tolietries, new charger cables, etc. I did so much (too much) online Black Friday shopping. Some things were specifically for this trip, so I hope they make it here in time. I'm also working on a few Disney Bound outfits. Also, I'm making my own Minnie ears this trip. They turned out great!

The next 2 weeks are going to be rough. I'm already getting the 'itis at work, not wanting to do a thing haha.

I have just a few essentials to pick up before we drive down - tolietries, new charger cables, etc. I did so much (too much) online Black Friday shopping. Some things were specifically for this trip, so I hope they make it here in time. I'm also working on a few Disney Bound outfits. Also, I'm making my own Minnie ears this trip. They turned out great!
Making your own ears....how awesome! Post a pic when they are finished. I’m starting to panic that I don’t have enough warm clothes for my 13 month old. I do for my 9 year old but our baby was on 6 month clothing in the summer and now she’s 12/18 months so all of her summer clothes won’t fit. I bought a few summer dresses and she has t shirts but she really only has two pairs of shorts that I bought in September for the trip and I don’t even like them! I’m praying leggings and a t shirt will work in the 75 degree weather. Don’t want to overheat her though! I’m about to order some on amazon prime in hopes that they will come by Tuesday since we leave Wednesday morning

We are done shopping for this trip. No time left. Work will be slammed, soccer practice every afternoon/evening, soccer game Friday night, and Saturday is packing day before our flight at 4PM. We will have time to get last minute essentials if we have room in the packed bags.

Making your own ears....how awesome! Post a pic when they are finished. I’m starting to panic that I don’t have enough warm clothes for my 13 month old. I do for my 9 year old but our baby was on 6 month clothing in the summer and now she’s 12/18 months so all of her summer clothes won’t fit. I bought a few summer dresses and she has t shirts but she really only has two pairs of shorts that I bought in September for the trip and I don’t even like them! I’m praying leggings and a t shirt will work in the 75 degree weather. Don’t want to overheat her though! I’m about to order some on amazon prime in hopes that they will come by Tuesday since we leave Wednesday morning

I was just looking at something on the Amazon app that is Prime eligible and it said it would be here by Tuesday 8 pm! Some items will even ship in 1 day for me. I don't know if this depends on where you live. I'm in NC. I love Prime so much - best investment ever.

We are done shopping for this trip. No time left. Work will be slammed, soccer practice every afternoon/evening, soccer game Friday night, and Saturday is packing day before our flight at 4PM. We will have time to get last minute essentials if we have room in the packed bags.
We live far enough away from FL that we could justify flying there. But I am a notorious over-packer and can't ever seem to get it down to a reasonable amount. So we are packing up the SUV with all my crap and dealing with the 10 hour car ride instead, haha

So we are packing up the SUV with all my crap and dealing with the 10 hour car ride instead, haha
That is what we usually do as well from NC. However, RT flights were so low and sandwiched between work weeks, flying was the best choice this time. We have not flown down in about 4-5 years. Having to manage what I pack now is more critical. The biggest issue I am battling is adult beverages. I think I have that solved. Not having a car will be interesting this time. This will be a first since our stay at POR. I hope it is not as bad with buses because I will be timing them again.

That is what we usually do as well from NC. However, RT flights were so low and sandwiched between work weeks, flying was the best choice this time. We have not flown down in about 4-5 years. Having to manage what I pack now is more critical. The biggest issue I am battling is adult beverages. I think I have that solved. Not having a car will be interesting this time. This will be a first since our stay at POR. I hope it is not as bad with buses because I will be timing them again.

I have found some great deals on flights out of Raleigh. I'm actually flying my mother in law in from Alabama right after Christmas and I paid about half of what I would have paid for Orlando airfaire. We are staying at POR and even though we will have a car, we will also be relying on buses for the most part, assuming it will be faster than driving and parking. I'm not sure if it really will be faster, I know some people have horror stories about Disney buses.

We arrive on the 8th from PA, I haven't ordered our bands yet is it too late to have them shipped if I order today?

Also DW bought a special one from Amazon being delivered tomorrow.

I'm not sure if it really will be faster, I know some people have horror stories about Disney buses.
That would be me and specifically at POR. We were well compensated because I clearly documented our wait and travel times after our very first bus ride there. I started timing after 15 minutes on our very first bus ride. It was another 30 minutes after that. I can tell how well we were compensated, but you would be shocked at how much it is if you can prove it. After Day 2, we only used POFQ transportation and walked. My advice (and I will do it this trip) is to document when you get to a bus stop, when a bus picked up, get the drivers name, and a name of a guest that was there waiting with you (just the first name). I provided it all to the POR Supervisor, received copies acknowledging he received them. Filed a formal complaint with WDW, contacted 3 days later, and they started negotiating compensation. I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, but I can say it was WELL worth documenting.

That would be me and specifically at POR. We were well compensated because I clearly documented our wait and travel times after our very first bus ride there. I started timing after 15 minutes on our very first bus ride. It was another 30 minutes after that. I can tell how well we were compensated, but you would be shocked at how much it is if you can prove it. After Day 2, we only used POFQ transportation and walked. My advice (and I will do it this trip) is to document when you get to a bus stop, when a bus picked up, get the drivers name, and a name of a guest that was there waiting with you (just the first name). I provided it all to the POR Supervisor, received copies acknowledging he received them. Filed a formal complaint with WDW, contacted 3 days later, and they started negotiating compensation. I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, but I can say it was WELL worth documenting.
Wow!!!!! Thank you for sharing that - I will most definitely document wait and travel times. It's nice to hear that Disney compensated you fairly.

Trip for 12/28-01/01
Will be myself, DD20, DD12 and DD8. Last time we went was in 2012 and stood offsite. This time around we will be staying at ASM. Have several ADR’s and fast passes set for three park days. On first day going to Disney Springs and BBB.
Plan is as follows:
AK on 12/29
MK on 12/30
HS on 12/31 for the fireworks and bringing in the new year.
Still unsure about HS. Do they really close at 9pm on this day? And what festivities do they have to bring in the new year. Still deciding if I should do HS or EPCOT on this day.
Looking for the park my DD8 will enjoy the most.

We arrive on the 8th from PA, I haven't ordered our bands yet is it too late to have them shipped if I order today?

Also DW bought a special one from Amazon being delivered tomorrow.

Can you share the link for buying a customized band on amazon.
Thanks

Next weekend is "packing weekend" I did some baking today as my son has requested a certain Christmas goodie I always make (he is in Texas and will be bringing the grandchildren!) SO made that today to place in suitcase to take. A week from tomorrow headed to Denver for last day meetings in Denver (work) and then one more night and off to DISNEY and US!!!! Made reservations at US for a Beer and five course dinner at Lowes Royal Pacific. Hope it is good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter