Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to order some cakes for our holiday later this yr so I emailed the contempory to see if they could work with the characters I want, Brian emailed back and said yes they could do them but it would be an 8inch with screen print starting at $55 does that sound right? It seems high compared to alot of the cakes I've seen on here which are much more custom and bigger than I'd hoped to get.

That sounds about right to me for an 8 inch cake.

Chef Amanda at AKL was very easy to work with so I have no doubt you'll get a great cake CalDisneyMomof2

I forgot to mention though...the restaurant almost ruined everything. Our waitress apparently didn't know I had a cake ordered & kept pushing dessert . When no one ordered any she still brought DH a mini dessert for his birthday. Needless to say I was a little upset at this point & finally got up & spoke to the manager who eventually found the cake after about 15 minutes. Ughhhh

Last edited:
29nz6ed.png

This isn't the cake that was just ordered, but I had inquired about a similar cake with Magic Kingdom Cakes last month. They said a similar fondant cake would be $96.00. Non fondant was $90.

I really liked the cake as it was quite elegant. I actually chose a cake at DTD so went with an outside bakery, but thought I'd share the quote/pic that I received.

Hi, I'm curious, I'm ordering a cake AND a special delivery from Disneyflorist.com. Is there anyway I can coordinate for them both to be delivered at the same time (we will be staying a DVC Grand Floridian) Thanks!

29nz6ed.png

This isn't the cake that was just ordered, but I had inquired about a similar cake with Magic Kingdom Cakes last month. They said a similar fondant cake would be $96.00. Non fondant was $90.

I really liked the cake as it was quite elegant. I actually chose a cake at DTD so went with an outside bakery, but thought I'd share the quote/pic that I received.

This is the cake I requested. I was quoted $90 for a 6" 4 layer cake. I also like this cake for it's simplicity. My husband isn't a huge Disney fan so I thought this would fit him more than something that screamed characters lol

This is the cake I requested. I was quoted $90 for a 6" 4 layer cake. I also like this cake for it's simplicity. My husband isn't a huge Disney fan so I thought this would fit him more than something that screamed characters lol

Small world! Yeah, it is definitely a nice cake. Did you go through MK Cakes, GF, or where? Hope it turns out great!

I just emailed the contemporary about doing a Wall E cake for my hubby's bday in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping for the scene when they are going through space, and Wall E is using the fire extinguisher. I want it to be six in, chocolate, with chocolate ganache. I wanted black or dark blue fondant to be space with edible glitter or something to be the stars, white chocolate cut outs of Wall E with the fire extinguisher and Eve. I wanted white icing applied to the cut out and cake to be the trail from the fire extinguisher. I asked for the message "Directive:Have a Happy Birthday!" I can't wait to hear back!

That sounds about right to me for an 8 inch cake.
ok thanks
may need a rethink and maybe just do 1 bigger cake and 1 mini cake as 3 X 8inch ones will be far to much and if I can get something a little more custom around the same price as the donald cake just posted I'm sure they won't mind sharing. Might work on some design ideas and see what they quote me closer to the time.
Also may need to rethink which resturant to have them delivered to if we need to go to an 8 inch would it be worth paying the extra and using the boardwalk bakery for delivery to either cape may if they deliver at breakfast or captains grille so we can leave the rest in our room? thanks

Also may need to rethink which resturant to have them delivered to if we need to go to an 8 inch would it be worth paying the extra and using the boardwalk bakery for delivery to either cape may if they deliver at breakfast or captains grille so we can leave the rest in our room? thanks

BoardWalk Bakery doesn't deliver to those restaurants because the Yacht & Beach Club resort has its own pastry team. If you are staying at Y&BC they can just deliver the cake straight to your room — it doesn't have to be the restaurant.

I am in the process of trying to order my DS's 5th birthday cake. We will be at Animal Kingdom the day of his birthday and have an ADR for lunch at Tusker House. I have a couple questions. First, if I am hoping to have very little left over, should I order a 6" or an 8"? There will be 4 adults and three kids. I know what the official numbers say, but if I get an 8" will there most likely be a bunch left over?

Yes.

Because I don't want to be carting it around all day. Second, my son is wanting a Chip and Dale themed cake, but to do the 3-D characters painted they quoted me $125 for an 8" cake. I wanted to stick to $100. Any suggestions to get the cost down? Do the unpainted characters look nice? Or do I go with the stand up 2D image?

The unpainted characters look like this...

IMG_6552.jpg

I would just ask them what they have to change to get the cost down to $100. But $25 is an absolute steal for two painted white chocolate characters.

Or maybe I just say forget it and do some sort of safari Mickey cake. But I can't seem to find one. Does anyone have suggestions or ideas about where to find photos? Anyone done a cake like this? Thanks! We go in May, and I am stressing about this!

Just do a Flickr or Google image search for "safari Disney cake" or "safari Mickey cake."

Chef Amanda at AKL was very easy to work with so I have no doubt you'll get a great cake CalDisneyMomof2

I forgot to mention though...the restaurant almost ruined everything. Our waitress apparently didn't know I had a cake ordered & kept pushing dessert . When no one ordered any she still brought DH a mini dessert for his birthday. Needless to say I was a little upset at this point & finally got up & spoke to the manager who eventually found the cake after about 15 minutes. Ughhhh

This happened to me at Jiko too!

Hi, I'm curious, I'm ordering a cake AND a special delivery from Disneyflorist.com. Is there anyway I can coordinate for them both to be delivered at the same time (we will be staying a DVC Grand Floridian) Thanks!

You can tell Private Dining what time you'd like the cake delivered. The Disney Florist may not be able to be as exact, but it's worth a shot.

P.S. Does anyone know if they have the chocolate plate dusting stencil of Cinderella's castle at the GF?

They do.

IMG_1167.jpg

thanks lurkyloo I've looked at so many options over the last few days I think I got a little mixed up. I would prefer them to be delivered to a resturant as they are for birthday celebrations and that seems a little more special just trying to work out the best option/location

I just emailed the contemporary about doing a Wall E cake for my hubby's bday in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping for the scene when they are going through space, and Wall E is using the fire extinguisher. I want it to be six in, chocolate, with chocolate ganache. I wanted black or dark blue fondant to be space with edible glitter or something to be the stars, white chocolate cut outs of Wall E with the fire extinguisher and Eve. I wanted white icing applied to the cut out and cake to be the trail from the fire extinguisher. I asked for the message "Directive:Have a Happy Birthday!" I can't wait to hear back!

That cake sounds awesome! Let us know what you hear back! I'm thinking of asking for a wall-e cake so I'm curious to hear what they say.

Thanks, blackpearl77! I will let y'all know what they say. I really hope it works out! My hubby's fave Pixar movies are up and wall e. We went for his bday a couple of years ago, and I got him an up cake from the beach club pastry team. I was very thrilled with it! I know he would be very excited to get a wall e one this time!

Officially placed the order for my Star Wars cake - it will look exactly like the other Chewbacca cake on here. Cake will be red velvet with the grey stuff filling and the fur will be chocolate butter cream.

Total with cake/filling upgrades -$99. Without cake/filling upgrade, was quoted at $83.

During our last visit I surprised my family with a mickey head cake when we arrived at POR and they thought it was such a great surprise. I am thinking of surprising them again this time on our arrival day. We are staying at CBR. I think the easiest thing is just to pick it up when we get there. I am looking for suggestions for designs. It will me myself, DH, DD (14), DS (9), DD (6). I'm thinking maybe something fireworks or halloween themed. DH and I are also celebrating our 10th anniversary. His favorite character is Grumpy, so I was thinking maybe something with Grumpy and snow white, but I can't find any pictures anywhere. I would like to stay under $100 each. All ideas appreciated!

For the ladies ordering the Peter pan cake I ordered that cake from the contemporary last February. It was all good then they called me the morning of our reservations and said we can only do Peter pan and they can't do that exact cake. Of course it was too late and I had to accept it. I have photos of what the cake looked like but I don't have photo bucket. If I had to do it again I would have ordered from an outside vendor.

You don't need photobucket or similar to post pictures anymore. Now you can upload them here directly by clicking the "Upload a File" button right next to the Post Reply button. Super simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter