• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've very recently been diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity. Does anyone know if the GF bakery makes gluten-free cakes? I plan on calling Pat tomorrow, but I wanted to ask here in case anyone else had experience with this, either way. Thanks.

I've very recently been diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity. Does anyone know if the GF bakery makes gluten-free cakes? I plan on calling Pat tomorrow, but I wanted to ask here in case anyone else had experience with this, either way. Thanks.

I don't know about GF but I definitely ordered a custom gluten-free cake from the Contemporary in 2012 for my parents anniversary. It was an extra $15-$20 for it. I can't remember - but it tasted quite good and my mom loved having cake she could eat! :thumbsup2

I found my old pics & info:
http://disboards.com/threads/offici...thread-part-iii.2912870/page-35#post-46050822

I was just wondering...what does the Boardwalk Bakery put on a 8 inch cake? I see a lot of basic cakes w/sugar flowers added. i have also seen cakes with just the message. i did ask for mickey swirl heads to be placed on both my 8 in cakes. Should I expect more? Or is this just going to be a plain cake? Just wondering if I should buy some cake decorations.

I was just wondering...what does the Boardwalk Bakery put on a 8 inch cake? I see a lot of basic cakes w/sugar flowers added. i have also seen cakes with just the message. i did ask for mickey swirl heads to be placed on both my 8 in cakes. Should I expect more? Or is this just going to be a plain cake? Just wondering if I should buy some cake decorations.

They will put whatever you want on the cake. You can send them a photo of a cake you like or tell them a theme you're going for and let them decide how it should look.

They will put whatever you want on the cake. You can send them a photo of a cake you like or tell them a theme you're going for and let them decide how it should look.
So if I don't specify, besides the color, what do they usually do? I did order some custom cake picks to add to the cakes when I get them. I guess I need to call back and see if they put flowers or something on the cakes.

Last edited:
The thing is, there's really no standard design, so I can't tell you what the cake will look like. It's up to the pastry chef. It will probably have flowers, but it's really better if you tell them what you want if you have a specific idea in mind.

The thing is, there's really no standard design, so I can't tell you what the cake will look like. It's up to the pastry chef. It will probably have flowers, but it's really better if you tell them what you want if you have a specific idea in mind.
Thanks! I finally just sketched 2 cakes and called the Boardwalk Bakery and asked if I could fax it to them. I also bought handmade cupcake toppers to add to the flowers of each cake to make it more special. I will just add them when we get there.

1st cake: Graduation in Hunter Green & Gold. Van. cake w/buttercream & White Chocolate Mousse. The toppers are Mickey heads w/ graduation hats that are being made in hunter green.
2nd cake: Anniversary in White & Red. Van cake w/buttercream (we had to change from whip cream bc of red) & Strawberry filling. The toppers are Mickey & Minnie heads.
The cakes are a lot alike. Both 8 in. Both $40. Both will have flowers and swirl mickeys. Both will have a few Mickey toppers in the flowers.

I feel so much better having a clear idea of what I am getting! I can't wait!!!
PicMonkey%20Collagecakes.jpg

Hi all! My hubby and I will be having dinner at 'Ohana on his birthday. I would like to order a mini cake since it will just be the two of us. From what I've read, I need to call Private Dining at the GF. Other than just letting them know what flavor cake and filling, if I just want a Star Wars themed cake, would they be able to have it ready for May 12? Yes, that's next week. I've been sooo busy planning out the SWW activities, the time just slipped away. Thanks for your help!

Thanks! I finally just sketched 2 cakes and called the Boardwalk Bakery and asked if I could fax it to them. I also bought handmade cupcake toppers to add to the flowers of each cake to make it more special. I will just add them when we get there.

Fantastic! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

Hi all! My hubby and I will be having dinner at 'Ohana on his birthday. I would like to order a mini cake since it will just be the two of us. From what I've read, I need to call Private Dining at the GF. Other than just letting them know what flavor cake and filling, if I just want a Star Wars themed cake, would they be able to have it ready for May 12? Yes, that's next week. I've been sooo busy planning out the SWW activities, the time just slipped away. Thanks for your help!

It shouldn't be a problem timewise, but they may tell you they can't do a Star Wars theme in a mini cake. Let us know what they say!

Price: $50 ($35 + $15 for Elsa)
Date: 5/2/15
Cake: 2 tier mini cake, vanilla with white chocolate mousse (but it tasted just like white frosting rather than mousse).

Thanks to this thread! I ordered via email, 3 days prior. They only had 2 options for the cake and filling. There were 3 options for styles: Minnie, Mickey or flowers. I chose the Minnie with a blue theme. The little 2D Elsa was really small, only 2 inches tall. My DD bit the head right off :)

The best part of this was that the cake was linked to the reservation. At check-in, they saw the special order. Our server also saw the special order.

Attachments

• cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 279
It shouldn't be a problem timewise, but they may tell you they can't do a Star Wars theme in a mini cake. Let us know what they say![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I called and requested a cake for a birthday. She asked what restaurant, the last name and time of dinner. No other information.

I was told the mini cake would be best for 2 adults and that it comes in two flavors - chocolate or vanilla. I choose chocolate and was informed the filling will be chocolate as well. The outside will be buttercream. When I asked for a Star Wars theme, she said they did not have many options but they could pipe "hair" for "that" SW character. She admitted that she didn't know much about SW characters. She also said they could also do Darth Vader, which was a home run for me - my DH loves him! She said he would be standing behind the cake.

We didn't discuss how the cake itself would be decorated. Just that it would say Happy Birthday Chris. She said payment was needed at time of order for cake requests. It was $49. I'm guessing $35 for the cake and the rest for Vader cutout. She went over the order again without saying anything about Darth Vader so I confirmed it again just to make sure it was on the order. Then I asked if I should let them know at the podium and she said "Sure, if you want to do that." Fingers crossed this cake is most impressive (SW reference, there.) :rotfl:

Do you find it necessary to confirm a couple of days before?

Thanks again for your help!

I *always* confirm a day or two ahead of time. I've read too many horror stories.... Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I had to post a pic of the pirate cake we enjoyed at LTT today. Made by the Contemporary Bakery it was a 4 layer 6 inch marble cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and both chocolate and vanilla buttercream filling. Fondant covered. It was so gorgeous I could barely bring myself to cut it. They did another awesome job.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 288
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter