Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Hi can you give me a little more info please. what did you ask for and did you do it before you got there? where did u order it from? thanks x
I used the info in the beginning of this thread for ordering from Yacht Club. I let them know that I wanted a 6in cake with ganache. They emailed a few pictures of different cakes they've done and I pieced together what I liked from each picture. It was a very easy process!

I'm looking for suggestions. MY
I used the info in the beginning of this thread for ordering from Yacht Club. I let them know that I wanted a 6in cake with ganache. They emailed a few pictures of different cakes they've done and I pieced together what I liked from each picture. It was a very easy process!
I really like the cake you got and the price is excellent. I ordered a basic mini cake at the GF last year for my DD's birthday and it was $35. I knew what the cost would be but I have to say it was a tad disappointing. I thought it would be slightly larger, it was the size of a cupcake.

We will be celebrating my DD's birthday at WDW again this March and I keep thinking I should order her a cake but I'm really stumped on what to order. We have had to cut out TS dining to cut costs this trip (we live in Canada and the exchange rate is a killer right now).

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a two-tier mini cake delivered to Trader Sam's in the Poly? I'd like to get one delivered for my fiance on his birthday during our honeymoon there in May!

We will be at WDW for my daughter's 16th birthday. :bday: The whole family will be there for my cousin's wedding. We're staying at Boardwalk, so I want to get a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery. :cake: The week is hectic with wedding events, but everyone is getting together on the Boardwalk for pizza and cake for DD's birthday. So, I need a cake that will feed 15 - 20 people. Do they have a cake that will feed that many? Is there a place I can see what kind of cakes are available at the Boardwalk Bakery? We get in the day before DD's birthday, so I won't have 48 hours notice. Can i just go to the bakery and point out a cake I would like and ask that they put her Happy Birthday and her name on it and pick it up the next day? TIA!

We will be at WDW for my daughter's 16th birthday. :bday: The whole family will be there for my cousin's wedding. We're staying at Boardwalk, so I want to get a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery. :cake: The week is hectic with wedding events, but everyone is getting together on the Boardwalk for pizza and cake for DD's birthday. So, I need a cake that will feed 15 - 20 people. Do they have a cake that will feed that many? Is there a place I can see what kind of cakes are available at the Boardwalk Bakery? We get in the day before DD's birthday, so I won't have 48 hours notice. Can i just go to the bakery and point out a cake I would like and ask that they put her Happy Birthday and her name on it and pick it up the next day? TIA!
No you'll have to call them in advance. They don't have cakes on hand. There aren't any standard cakes (other than the Mickey Head cake which might be big enough, I'm not sure) see post 1 for ordering info. If your daughter has a favorite character you could ask for a cake in the theme of that character.

Several cake posts coming up. First, a disclaimer - this is NOT my cake! I did not have this made! But my daughter and I went to the Perfectly Princess Tea at The Grand Floridian and this was the dessert served to the guests and it was absolutely delicious! It was vanilla cake with strawberry filling, strawberry icing, and strawberry sauce on the side. I had a lot of desserts this week, but this was the only one that did not have a crumb left!

Tea.jpg

PrincessTea.jpg

My birthday cake, made by the Contemporary (Chef Brian). I asked for a Belle dress made to look like her ballgown with a red rose and petals. I requested yellow cake with chocolate icing (for icing and filling) - yellow cake can be tricky to get at Disney, but they did it! Price was $136 and it was delivered to Chef Mickey's. It was very good - I'm not a fan of the icing/cake ratio on the last two 8 inch cakes I've had, so I think next time I will do some type of mousse filling to keep it lighter, but it was exactly what I asked for. I specifically requested no actual Beauty and the Beast characters - I wanted it to be very minimalist and only hint to Belle. It was beautiful and the staff all stopped by to say how impressive it was.

Belle.jpg

Birthday.jpg

My birthday cake, made by the Contemporary (Chef Brian). I asked for a Belle dress made to look like her ballgown with a red rose and petals. I requested yellow cake with chocolate icing (for icing and filling) - yellow cake can be tricky to get at Disney, but they did it! Price was $136 and it was delivered to Chef Mickey's. It was very good - I'm not a fan of the icing/cake ratio on the last two 8 inch cakes I've had, so I think next time I will do some type of mousse filling to keep it lighter, but it was exactly what I asked for. I specifically requested no actual Beauty and the Beast characters - I wanted it to be very minimalist and only hint to Belle. It was beautiful and the staff all stopped by to say how impressive it was.

View attachment 219020

View attachment 219021
This is gorgeous!!

Lastly, I had two mini-cakes delivered to Akershus for our departure dinner. One was Snow White, for my daughter (vanilla cake with vanilla icing) and one was Aurora (for me - at my daughter's request). I only have a picture of one as we had to have them boxed up, due to the drunk men sitting at the table next to us and ruining our meal - being belligerent to the staff, hitting on all the princesses, having management visit the table every few minutes to tell them to calm down. I was so ready to get out of there, so I asked them if we could take the cakes with us - my daughter was tired and ready to go back to the hotel anyway, so this was the best option.

We took her Snow White cake into the room and ate it that night - it was delicious! Sadly, I don't have a picture of the Aurora cake because I decided to try and get it home the next day and the top tier fell off at some point during the road trip. But I was very disappointed in the glimpse I got of it - I asked for an homage to the "Make it pink, make it blue" scene for my cake. I told them if it was too hard to make the splotches of pink and blue intertwining, it would be fine to ice half of it pink and half blue. What I got was a pink mini-cake with a white chocolate Aurora stuck to the top. Not at all what I asked for and a lackluster end to an otherwise great week of cake experiences. I plan on eating it today, so hopefully it at least tastes okay. But at any rate - here is the Snow White cake and it was adorable and very close to what I asked for (minus the little fondant apple I asked to top it):

Snow.jpg

SnowWhite.jpg

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a two-tier mini cake delivered to Trader Sam's in the Poly? I'd like to get one delivered for my fiance on his birthday during our honeymoon there in May!

Yes! Call the number for Grand Floridian private dining in Post #2.

Looking into getting a two tier mini cake delivered to our room at POP in a few weeks. Now the list says that pop has the same options as the boardwalk. So do I call the boardwalk number or pops number? Sorry for the silly question

Looking into getting a two tier mini cake delivered to our room at POP in a few weeks. Now the list says that pop has the same options as the boardwalk. So do I call the boardwalk number or pops number? Sorry for the silly question

Pop Century Resort* 407-938-3070
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting available at food court
  • All other options same as BoardWalk Inn; place order through Pop Century at 407-938-3070 for delivery to food court

Several cake posts coming up. First, a disclaimer - this is NOT my cake! I did not have this made! But my daughter and I went to the Perfectly Princess Tea at The Grand Floridian and this was the dessert served to the guests and it was absolutely delicious! It was vanilla cake with strawberry filling, strawberry icing, and strawberry sauce on the side. I had a lot of desserts this week, but this was the only one that did not have a crumb left!

View attachment 219017

View attachment 219018

We were there for the Perfectly Princess Tea in November and LOVED that cake!!! My mom is still raving about it. I wouldn't normally think to order strawberry-flavored cake, but this cake was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

We were there for the Perfectly Princess Tea in November and LOVED that cake!!! My mom is still raving about it. I wouldn't normally think to order strawberry-flavored cake, but this cake was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

I agree - it's not top of my list, but it was a wonderful combination! My friend who went with me has a very strict diet to adhere to and she finished every bite. We thought it was fantastic!

So here's our cake story from last month!

Earlier, I posted regarding our ordering process:

Boardwalk Bakery
6" red fondant-covered
Princess Elena theme, but no graphic (but I bought a cake topper - shown below - just in case the Elena theme ended up not being obvious.)
White cake, white frosting under fondant
Quote: $23 for cake and $12 for fondant = $35!

I went to the Boardwalk Bakery with our oldest son to pick up the cake. They brought out the cake and the two of us started to laugh - not mad, just funny. The cake was plain red with piping and paw prints. I asked about the paw prints, and the CM said she would check. She pulled the ticket and it said "Elena theme - chef's choice" and then it looked like someone added the word "leopard." The manager was not familiar with Elena and wasn't sure why the ticket said "leopard." My oldest son quickly looked up Elena on line and said he thought they were trying to go for a theme related to her pets - the jaquins. We quickly learned the names of all three jaquins so that we could "sell" this to the birthday boy as a jaquin-themed Elena cake.

In any event, I felt bad for the CMs - they were slightly defensive, said I should have been more specific in my description, but then asked what they could do. They took $12 off the price of the cake, which they considered the price of customization. I thought that was very fair. And I still giggle when I look at the photo, remembering each family member's reaction to what they called the dog / Elena cake.

So glad I bought the topper and brought it along. And the cake itself tasted great! So in the end, given all of that and the extremely low price for the cake - both from the start and with the discount - it all turned out very well. It's true that I should have been more specific, so lesson learned.

WP_20170108_003.jpg

Just ordered a cake for my soon to be 27 tr old sons birthday, staying at the Poly, dinner is at Ohana. I ordered from the GF bakery requested either a Toy Story theme or Lion King theme, $100 budget, will post pics when we return. Dinner is next Saturday, very excited to see what they do.

Are there directions anywhere for how to upload a photo on here? I have one of our anniversary cake and wanted to show you guys. Nothing earth-shattering, but adorable and absolutely delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter