Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

IMG_4043.jpg
This was actually from over a year ago but I forgot to share it from the Contemporary. I asked for a mini double tiered cake with a mickey head in mickey colors. We discussed a yellow cake with red accents. I had it delivered to our room at BLT after dinner at CG. It was a yellow cake with chocolate mousse and it was very tasty. Cost was $65.

We are headed to BLT again for our 10th anniversary this year. I think I am going to have a similar cake made with the castle topper as that was similar to our wedding cake (married in Disney). I want to have the bailey's mousse and almond cake but I know for small cakes they are hesitant with those flavors but that was our top layer. I may have something bigger made, like a 8" round. I had something like that made for our first anniversary dessert party. Hopefully they can do it again.

Last edited:
Had to share my sister's birthday mini cake as it came out so much cuter than I imagined! The only instruction I gave them was that I'd like it to be Belle-themed, with yellow frosting and maybe a red rose on top. I was so thrilled when this little beauty was delivered to our table. It was even glittery! I did one tier chocolate cake and one tier vanilla and both were delicious.
Which restaurant did you get this cake at? Is this the Mini 2-teir? I didn't realize they could be customized! How much was this? Thanks for sharing!

Which restaurant did you get this cake at? Is this the Mini 2-teir? I didn't realize they could be customized! How much was this? Thanks for sharing!

The restaurant doesn't matter, it's the resort. You can get a customized 2-tier mini cake at any table-service restaurant in any of the Deluxe resorts except sometimes Animal Kingdom Lodge—people have had varying degrees of luck there. The cost varies but can range anywhere from $35-$75, depending on how elaborate you want it.

We had it delivered to the Coral Reef, but I called the cake ordering phone number to order it. And yes, it's the 2-tiered mini cake. I believe it was $35, but unfortunately cannot confirm since my husband threw out the receipt from that meal.

Cupcakes from CRT in November. They were cute, but did not taste that good. The red frosting was especially bad. Ariel was $8.50 and Minnie was $10.

Attachments

• 2017-01-29_11.07.21.jpg
    2017-01-29_11.07.21.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 367
Cupcakes from CRT in November. They were cute, but did not taste that good. The red frosting was especially bad. Ariel was $8.50 and Minnie was $10.

It's been rare that I find a cupcake I enjoy at Disney, yet I really love their cakes. I wonder if they even make the cupcakes or just buy them. Anyone know? I had a good one once at Boardwalk but the rest have been sadly disappointing. Cute like yours but just didn't taste good.

Hi
How come theres such a varied difference in the price people have paid for cakes? I want to order one for my mums 60th but definitely dont want to pay $100+
some of the prices on here seem reasonable for the cakes given but then at the start of the post it says custom cakes from $75 I'm confused.
I only want a small cake for 5 people in Tinkerbells colours (but no tink) , am I really looking at paying over $100?

Hi
How come theres such a varied difference in the price people have paid for cakes? I want to order one for my mums 60th but definitely dont want to pay $100+
some of the prices on here seem reasonable for the cakes given but then at the start of the post it says custom cakes from $75 I'm confused.
I only want a small cake for 5 people in Tinkerbells colours (but no tink) , am I really looking at paying over $100?

For starters, cake quotes can vary depending on the bakery that's making them, but there are a lot of other things that make a difference. Depending on the style and how many people you are looking to have it serve the size and number of layers makes a difference. As well as whether you want just buttercream or if you want it covered in fondant. Special cake flavors and fillings will add to the cost as well. White chocolate figures or decor, screen prints, etc. all have an additional charge. If you have an idea of what you are looking for you can ask for a quote and then adjust if you need to bring down the price.

But no you don't have to spend over $100 for a small cake for 5 people with Tink colors.

Hi

It depends on where you order the cake from. Each cake is custom-quoted by the pastry team, and unfortunately, those prices seem to vary. Usually the Contemporary pastry team has slightly lower prices than the other Deluxe Resorts, so if you are staying or dining there or Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness (which they also service), you would be able to order the cake from them. It also helps to give them your budget when placing the order so they can come up with ideas that fit it.

also in my experience, stuff with fondant or more customized details that need to be hand cut/shaped rather than simply piped out from a frosting bag are going to cost more due to the time/skill.

I'm having a custom cake from the Contemporary deliver to dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe in a few weeks. I plan on using my Disney Visa to get 10% off of dinner. Does anyone know if the 10% will also be taken off the cake?

I'm having a custom cake from the Contemporary deliver to dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe in a few weeks. I plan on using my Disney Visa to get 10% off of dinner. Does anyone know if the 10% will also be taken off the cake?
Yes, I believe so as other discounts (like TiW) come off of the cakes

It should as long as the discount is off the whole meal. There are some restaurants where the Visa discount is limited to just entrees or only at lunchtime, etc. but it seems like those are usually for the places that aren't Disney owned.

It should as long as the discount is off the whole meal. There are some restaurants where the Visa discount is limited to just entrees or only at lunchtime, etc. but it seems like those are usually for the places that aren't Disney owned.

That's great news. I can't wait to see my cake. I ordered a 6" cake similar to the bottom layer of this one, with chocolate Mickey ears, and was quoted $89.

Attachments

• unnamed1.jpg
    unnamed1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 368
I really appreciated all of other cake pictures and prices everyone provides for reference, so I thought I'd add ours..This cake was delivered to the Yatchmans at the beginning of January.. it's a 6 inch yellow cake with Bavarian cream and white chocolate ganache that was colored pink. It's hard to see in the picture, but the entire cake was "pixie dusted" and beautiful! $33 plus tax and tip

Attachments

• IMG_1854.JPG
    IMG_1854.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_1856.JPG
    IMG_1856.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 586
I really appreciated all of other cake pictures and prices everyone provides for reference, so I thought I'd add ours..This cake was delivered to the Yatchmans at the beginning of January.. it's a 6 inch yellow cake with Bavarian cream and white chocolate ganache that was colored pink. It's hard to see in the picture, but the entire cake was "pixie dusted" and beautiful! $33 plus tax and tip

Hi can you give me a little more info please. what did you ask for and did you do it before you got there? where did u order it from? thanks x

Hi can you give me a little more info please. what did you ask for and did you do it before you got there? where did u order it from? thanks x
All order info is in the first few posts of the thread. Yachtmans is service by Yacht and Beach private dining

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter