Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Thanks everyone. Sorry if I sound like I just posted to complain, but I just wanted to see what other opinions were on the situation and kind of give my recent experience to anyone looking to order a cake. My closest friend suggested I should of called and said something, but I wasn't sure and never did. I'm glad I'm not the only one that found it to bit on the high side though. Do any of you think it is too late to call and say something? And the cake tasted okay, but it wasn't the best cake that I've had. Thats okay though, I was (and still am) more concerned with the way it looked, lol. I bought it for pictures and the experience more than anything.

I don't think there's anything wrong with calling and expressing your thoughts as well as seeing if you can get a price break down of the individual costs for each element of the cake. Something like that would probably be helpful in the future when deciding what to order. They may also determine that you shouldn't have been charged so much. If you do call though, I wouldn't go into it expecting a partial refund, because you don't want to be more disappointed if they don't offer it. But I do think they should be informed when something doesn't meet guest's expectations, especially when it's something personalized that comes at a high price.

Also, it sounded like you were charged without ever being told the exact price? They should definitely be reminded of that, as that seems like a huge communication issue that shouldn't occur, especially when the amount charged is more than the budget you gave them.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will call to ask for the breakdown--just to get an idea as to why they charged so much to know for next time.

View attachment 267804 We got this cake at Citricos last Friday. Pat was great to work with. I asked for a food and wine festival themed cake. It was chocolate with chocolate mousse filling, vanilla buttercream and fondant. It's difficult to see in the picture, but the fondant was a deep wine color. It was 6" and I paid $75 (but was able to get 30% off with my annual pass). It was delicious and beautiful!
Love this! I'm going next month and want to surprise my group with a cake. Thanks for the inspiration!

Has anyone here ever seen or had made a Pirates of Caribbean mini or 6" round cake? Celebrating our Daughters birthday in 3 weeks at Disney and she is a big PoC fan. We will be dining at Tusker House, so hopefully we can work it out. I looked back through all 5 version of this chat but couldn't find one. Thought maybe @lurkyloo has seen one before??

Last summer we were staying at Poly and happened to be having dinner at Ohana on our 10yr anniversary. Our travel agent talked with Pat at GF about getting a replica of our wedding cake. I sent her a picture and everything turned out perfect. It was amazing and she recognized it immediately. Most expensive cake I have ever purchased, but was worth every penny for the reaction. Plus I ate leftover cake every day rest of trip!

Last edited:

Hi, I asked this in the Port Orleans thread and they said to ask here. I wanted to get my son a custom birthday cake to a restaurant that Disney used to do. I've got him character ones before, you chose a photo and what kind of cake and filling and they print it etc. When I contacted them this time they said they only do the specialty Mickey shape things with the generic happy birthday writing on the ear or the specialty deserts at certain restaurants. As my son has special needs neither of these are suitable for him. I'm thinking of getting a cake somewhere else but need to store it as can't put it in our fridge because he'll see it. So I'm wondering if they luggage room will keep it in their fridges for us? Unless any of you know how I can get the character type cakes I'm taking about?!

Thanks!!

Hi, I asked this in the Port Orleans thread and they said to ask here. I wanted to get my son a custom birthday cake to a restaurant that Disney used to do. I've got him character ones before, you chose a photo and what kind of cake and filling and they print it etc. When I contacted them this time they said they only do the specialty Mickey shape things with the generic happy birthday writing on the ear or the specialty deserts at certain restaurants. As my son has special needs neither of these are suitable for him. I'm thinking of getting a cake somewhere else but need to store it as can't put it in our fridge because he'll see it. So I'm wondering if they luggage room will keep it in their fridges for us? Unless any of you know how I can get the character type cakes I'm taking about?!

Thanks!!

straight up buttercream can be left at room temp.

just an fyi

Thanks everyone. Sorry if I sound like I just posted to complain, but I just wanted to see what other opinions were on the situation and kind of give my recent experience to anyone looking to order a cake. My closest friend suggested I should of called and said something, but I wasn't sure and never did. I'm glad I'm not the only one that found it to bit on the high side though. Do any of you think it is too late to call and say something? And the cake tasted okay, but it wasn't the best cake that I've had. Thats okay though, I was (and still am) more concerned with the way it looked, lol. I bought it for pictures and the experience more than anything.

I agree with Lurkyloo that while the treasure chests are pricey (we've had one before) if that isn't fondant the buttercream only should even that out. I'd expect that to be around $90 personally. Maybe a little more if it's 8" and a lot of layers but not $137. If really unhappy you could email them and there is a chance they could refund some of that amount.

Hi everyone,

I just ordered a custom 6 inch vanilla cake with dark chocolate mousse filling to be delivered to dinner at Yachtsmen Steakhouse beginning of October for a birthday surprise for my friend.

I worked with Yamira and she was wonderful!!! Excited to help and make suggestions.

I told her I wanted a Maleficent themed cake and since it was just two of us (both adults) we didn't need anything too fancy or big. She asked if I wanted Maleficent in dragon form and I got so excited! My friend's favorite villain is Maleficent in dragon form. Getting the image on the cake (flat) and the cake in Maleficent's colors.

Excited to see what we get! Will post pictures when it is delivered!

Hi everyone,

finally getting a chance to ask my question (I spent majority of the day reading through the thread to see if this question had been asked prior) I understand that no custom cakes are at the MK restaurants (more specifically CRT) but my birthday is New Year's Eve and that's where my dinner is. I saw someone say there's no cake delivery to MK restaurants as well. Does anyone know my options (that don't include having the cake delivered to the hotel, delivered to another ADR during our stay, or changing my ADR that evening because none of those are viable options)? if we order from an off property bakery are they allowed to deliver to MK? Has anyone done this? Please help!

Also if anyone has Princess Tiana themed cake ideas from previous trips can you please share them?

Thanks!!
I have no idea about the fridge however the cakes with an edible image can still be ordered to every Disney run restaurant outside of the Magic Kingdom including to your hotel room (or maybe to the restaurant as they don't have room service at Port Orleans) call the number in post 1 for Port Orleans and you should be able to get the cake you want. Also a six or eight inch cake in a box should fit in the room fridge.

I have no idea about the fridge however the cakes with an edible image can still be ordered to every Disney run restaurant outside of the Magic Kingdom including to your hotel room (or maybe to the restaurant as they don't have room service at Port Orleans) call the number in post 1 for Port Orleans and you should be able to get the cake you want. Also a six or eight inch cake in a box should fit in the room fridge.

Oh really? I can't call as I live in England and calling overseas is really expensive. I did email them as I did last time and they told me they don't do it any more they only do the new Mickey ones. Do you think I could just order it at the hotel once we're there? Or do they have email addresses?

Thank you.

Oh really? I can't call as I live in England and calling overseas is really expensive. I did email them as I did last time and they told me they don't do it any more they only do the new Mickey ones. Do you think I could just order it at the hotel once we're there? Or do they have email addresses?

Thank you.

It depends on how long your trip is and when you need the cake as they need 2-3 days at least to prep but you might just be able to order once you're there. And @TinkLoverSam and I get it we're in Canada and it's about $15 in long distance charges per Disney phone call - I bet yours cost even more!

I apologize if this has been asked for or shown already but does anyone have a photo of the MK restaurant specific specialty desserts? Mainly I'm looking for a photo of the BOG cupcake trio and the Tony's tiramisu.

Thanks!!
I am in contact with Carrianne from Port Orleans about a custom Stitch cake. My DD bday celebration will be at MK but since there are no custom cake options...and we have a FULL day planned at MK including MNSSHP, she suggested heading back to the resort for a mid day break and they will have my custom cake ready for pick up at the café and we can have a bday celebration in our room. That's sounded great to me because we need to be able to take a break and change into costume before dinner and the party. I called the cake hotline and left a message. You can also email them with your questions as well.

As far as storing, if you order to have delivered to the resort, I am sure they will have it delivered when you need it. I liked that idea because I really don't want to lug a cake around with us at MK. And this way the leftovers can be stored in the room fridge.

Hi everyone,

finally getting a chance to ask my question (I spent majority of the day reading through the thread to see if this question had been asked prior) I understand that no custom cakes are at the MK restaurants (more specifically CRT) but my birthday is New Year's Eve and that's where my dinner is. I saw someone say there's no cake delivery to MK restaurants as well. Does anyone know my options (that don't include having the cake delivered to the hotel, delivered to another ADR during our stay, or changing my ADR that evening because none of those are viable options)? if we order from an off property bakery are they allowed to deliver to MK? Has anyone done this? Please help!

Also if anyone has Princess Tiana themed cake ideas from previous trips can you please share them?

The offsite bakeries can't deliver to the parks. There were some who could deliver to your resort or DS, but I saw one of the popular ones recently isn't even doing that anymore. If you want something custom at a MK restaurant I think your only option is going to be getting it yourself and bringing it in. There are some non custom desserts/cakes that are still cute though if your are set on it being in MK.

I have been meaning to post this for months!

This was a cake I was surprised with during March, 2017 for my birthday! It was ordered from the Contemporary and served at The Wave for dinner.

The price was $59 (before tax and tip) and the Stitch topper was added by my family. I know my sister spoke with Chef Brian via e-mail, but I am unsure of who she actually ordered it with.

It was a 6-inch vanilla cake with raspberry mousse filling (no fruit) and chocolate buttercream icing. It was covered in yellow fondant and decorated like Lilo’s dress (from a more obscure scene in the movie. I personally find red, orange, and/or pink food dye to be a little more bitter. My family knows me well!) and Polynesian flowers. It was DELICIOUS and super fresh! We finished it over the next few days of the trip.

The Contemporary never disappoints! :-)

View attachment 265368
View attachment 265370
View attachment 265372
I absolutely LOVE your cake! In fact I am in the process of ordering a Stitch cake for my DD 10th bday we are celebrating at Disney in October. AND that figurine is the one I am ordering to add as a topper. How wonderful! Was your cake rich? Moist? Did it taste like a custom cake or a grocery cake? I am trying to go with less richness but not overloaded with buttercream. My budget is 100.00 or less (preferably less) and if I shell out that kind of money for a cake, I hope the taste reflects it.

Would you mind if I send the pic of your cake design to the person I am working with? I think my DD would love it!

Hi all - I apologize if anything in my post has been mentioned previously as I tend to pop in and out.

Carrie - feel free to use any information if applicable!

1) I have the one-page pdf that Magic Kingdom Specialty Desserts just sent me but it is too large to attach; the pdf has photos of all the desserts by location.

2) We nixed getting a custom cake this year and I have ordered the trio of cupcakes for our BOG dinner as a surprise for DH; ordering was easy - send an email to the address, wait for a reply, and respond with your ADR information!

3) Prior to deciding against a custom cake for this trip, I had confirmed with Y&BC Fine Dining that you can still get peanut butter frosting and chocolate ganache on a 6" cake. However, unlike last year when I ordered the same size and combo, it is now a $10 upcharge.

4) All is not lost by not to ordering a cake this year; our Plan B is to visit both BC Marketplace and Boardwalk Bakery (since we are staying in BCV). We're calling this our Cupcake Tour!

The offsite bakeries can't deliver to the parks. There were some who could deliver to your resort or DS, but I saw one of the popular ones recently isn't even doing that anymore. If you want something custom at a MK restaurant I think your only option is going to be getting it yourself and bringing it in. There are some non custom desserts/cakes that are still cute though if your are set on it being in MK.
I wonder why MK stopped custom cake deliveries. I would think since the park with CRT and BOG custom cakes would be a given. Unless it was too much of a hassle. We have never been to disney world so this will be our first trip next month for our dd's 10th bday. MK was first choice for bday celebrations. So I was a lottle disappointed that they dont do custom cakes, and not even the royal highness package eithef anymore. :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter