*****Official February 2015 Thread! Come check in and chat!*****

Is there any way that we can get Mr. Scott to beam us to Wednesday night???

Is that great Scott? Or Scott the toiety tissue? Lol
Ok ok.....I know. Scottie the engineer. :)
I'm afraid he is unavailable at this time. As I must report his being held captive at the moment. He was on r/r on the planet Mujeres Bonitas. The Queen decided to make him her personal love slave. He reminded her just a bit too much of her previous paramour. He was a fierce and brave warrior, from the planet Titan. Alas, Alexander was mortally wounded during an intergalactic conflict with Klingons and Romulans. He died a great warrior. In the meantime, Mr Scott does not have any problems, really. Matter of fact, he is deliriously happy. And is by no means in any big hurry to be rescued, or released.

Last edited:
How cold is it in the evening there right now? Still debating on what to pack come night time to make sure everyone is warm enough. :rolleyes:

We were there the other week, we took a light jacket for the evenings, nothing heavy like a fleecy jumper though, it wasn't freezing, but you could definatley feel the chill in the air, once the sun went down.

Last week the evenings were comfortable. There were a couple of instances where a sweater later at night was a good thing to be wearing.
Sunday, while waiting for my BTMRR fp time to materialize, there was a quick downpour of rain. So all of a sudden I found myself wearing the plastic bag I had my fried chicken in, over my hair, minus the chicken of course. Ah..nice scent! :) The ice cream cart near by quickly became a shelter for many of us, due to its large, accommodating umbrella. It was a fun and humorous scene. And it was wonderful to experience the rain in So. CA too.

I'm normally not very cold, but it was COLD last night! Beware!
Thats what I'm afraid of! Been watching the weather app like a hawk and fear evening will be COLD. But I know we are coming from cold weather ourselves, just hoping light jackets & sweatshirts will do it at night....weekend ahead looks dicey. Keeps changing the % of chance of rain but seems to been a possibility none the less. :sad2:

When we were in early February, I wore shorts and a t-shirt all day and night. Then in the evening, I put on a sweatshirt and it was sufficient. We changed our son into pants in the evening though.

When we were in early February, I wore shorts and a t-shirt all day and night. Then in the evening, I put on a sweatshirt and it was sufficient. We changed our son into pants in the evening though.
Yes unfortunately the temps are much cooler than earlier in month & rain expected this weekend sat & sun. I guess either day we'll make the best of it. Just was trying to escape the cold for sunshine. Still hopeful it won't be as wet/cold as forcast says. :sunny:

If the forecasted low is 50 degrees, it really won't be THAT cold during park hours. I am seeing lows in the upper 40's coming up. We had lows in the lower 50's so it's really not that different. The rain may make it seem a bit colder. But perhaps the not so drastic day to night change will make it feel okay. Personally, I think it seems colder when it's warm/sunny in the afternoon then gets dark and cool.

We got here yesterday afternoon, finally, after some travel issues due to the weather in north Texas. We're staying at the DLH in the Frontier tower and so far I'm really impressed. Chip or Dale scared the bejesus out of my son in the lobby yesterday so that set him up for not wanting to see any character interaction.

Started cooling down as the sun set but we were good in sweatshirts. I'm enjoying this weather because right now it's snowing back home lol

Well I re-vamped my dining reservations. Cancelled my ressie at Big Thunder BBQ, figured its a crap shoot if its supposed to rain 60% and heavier in afternoon/evening & its outdoors. Kinda bummed, since never eaten there before, however it will give us more flexability on Sunday/Dapper Day so all is good. :cloud9:

On a good note, today is my last day at work. Its also my birthday. Normally I would not like to work on bday-however so excited to leave on Friday am, I really don't mind. :flower1:

Well I re-vamped my dining reservations. Cancelled my ressie at Big Thunder BBQ, figured its a crap shoot if its supposed to rain 60% and heavier in afternoon/evening & its outdoors. Kinda bummed, since never eaten there before, however it will give us more flexability on Sunday/Dapper Day so all is good. :cloud9:

We've eaten at BTRBBQ once and to be honest, we were not impressed at all. Have you booked somewhere else instead?

On a good note, today is my last day at work. Its also my birthday. Normally I would not like to work on bday-however so excited to leave on Friday am, I really don't mind. :flower1:

:bday:

I hope you have a wonderful day and that Friday is here before you know it!

No might leave this day open...going to ponder it. With rain and crowds might not be a bad thing. We have several other reservations on other evenings...
Goofy's Kitchen
Ralph Brennan's Jazz kitchen
Tortilla joes
Blue Bayou/Fantasmic
Then we have some plans for San Diego Dining.

Any recommendations for must do places without a reservation at disneyland? Or must do food?

Heading to GCH tonight for a quick 2 day solo trip! Looking forward to sunny weather and hoping for lighter crowds!

I highly recommend the ever so tasty fruity flavored Haunted Mansion gummy spiders. They are to die for. And there is always room for one more too.
See they are fruit flavored because the spiders love to eat fruit and fruity by products. So by the time they meet their demise, they are full of fruit flavors. Then they are placed into special Haunted Mansion baggies, which are tied at the top with a cute black bow. You may find them near the Haunted Mansion, at the little outdoor market. Available as well at Port Royal, which is also in New Orleans Square, near those beastie boy, rougish pirates. Enjoy!

CAM01176.jpg

Well last day before we leave. Let the nerves begin. Think I will run out and purchase a few small umbrellas as forcast is looking worse, now says 3 days of rain for first few days in California. :badpc:

So thankful I don't work today. Have some errands to do, small amount of laundry & final packing. Still debating clothing. Going to be cooler than expected (64 degrees during day & 46 at night) on these rainy days it appears. Still praying forcast looks a lot worse than what will actually transpire. :cloud9::sunny: Bring on the sun!

Rain really is glorious! Especially in Southern California, because it is so rare.
Definitely a good idea to bring a mini umbrella. A
rain coat or poncho is a good idea too. Enjoy the rain! :)

Rain really is glorious! Especially in Southern California, because it is so rare.
Definitely a good idea to bring a mini umbrella. A
rain coat or poncho is a good idea too. Enjoy the rain! :)
We've got ponchos & we will take the rain if that's what comes, after all its Disneyland :flower1:

Finishing up last of laundry/packing & then it's Disney nail time once DD's get out of school & probably pick up dinner because this DIS mommy isn't cooking tonight! :tongue:

Rain tonight keeping crowds very low. Just about every ride is a walk on!

The new castle looks amazing at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter