**Official Frozen Sing-Along, Oaken's, Holiday Premium Package Tips, updated 1/5/15

Both i guess it would be nice to see what the difference is between the two. Also to see if the pkg saves you anytime.

Thanks

I'm going back Monday. Are you looking for package or non - package times?

I'd like to see package times - we are keeping ours and are really looking forward to it - just don't want to line up earlier than needed! or get there too late! Ha! Thank you!

Can someone who is currently there give an update as to what time everyone is lining up to checkin for the premium pkg in the morning, for the parade, general checkin and the fireworks dessert party

Thanks

Honestly I think this is just going to vary...the day I went the CM told me they expected people to start lining up to check in around 9 am and no one did until close to 10. Here's what we did.

Meant to get there at 9:45 but lots of traffic going into DHS and did not get to check in until 9:55. Were immediately checked in and let into the parade viewing area shortly thereafter...really no wait. So check in and parade line up were basically one and the same.

For the fireworks I didn't want to deal with the same issue getting in the park so we drove over about 7. A few people were (3-4) were in line then but we just sat at the tables at Min and Bills until a line started developing (around 7:30-7:45).

Liz

No prob!!

By the way-- they have a ton of Frozen tees--- I picked up 7 for around $50, and got free shipping! Adorable Olaf tees for lil boys!!!

I might run to Walmart today :) We leave THIS WEEK, so no time for shipping :) I like to cut the sleeves off and make them into tanks, so having cheapy shirts helps me not feel bad about cutting them, ha!

Okay I've been comforted to read a couple places now that people have experienced small or nonexistent Trading Post lines several different times of the day. Can anyone share their experience with the length of the line to get into the Funland (after the first day) at various times of the day? I'm still struggling with where & for how long to include this in our touring plan.

Honestly I think this is just going to vary...the day I went the CM told me they expected people to start lining up to check in around 9 am and no one did until close to 10. Here's what we did. Meant to get there at 9:45 but lots of traffic going into DHS and did not get to check in until 9:55. Were immediately checked in and let into the parade viewing area shortly thereafter...really no wait. So check in and parade line up were basically one and the same. For the fireworks I didn't want to deal with the same issue getting in the park so we drove over about 7. A few people were (3-4) were in line then but we just sat at the tables at Min and Bills until a line started developing (around 7:30-7:45). Liz

Thanks so much for the helpful info! Were you still able to get a spot at the rope arriving just before 10AM? And able to get a table spot for the dessert party getting in line when you did?

Okay I've been comforted to read a couple places now that people have experienced small or nonexistent Trading Post lines several different times of the day. Can anyone share their experience with the length of the line to get into the Funland (after the first day) at various times of the day? I'm still struggling with where & for how long to include this in our touring plan.

Hi, we were there yesterday (Saturday EMH morning) we are locals (as you know) so not staying at any resorts so we arrived at 9:10am and headed straight to Oaken's. First we checked out the merchandise there was no line to get in and only a small line to pay. We spent about 15 minutes inside checking all the merchandise out and then headed inside the Funland. No line at all to get in and the place was pretty empty. There were about 30 people skating, about 10 in line to "build a snowman". We walked around a bit, took pic with the Aurasma app opportunities and headed out.
We came back to the Funland around 2 and again no line to get inside but the place had more people. We stayed and watched the skating show at 2:20pm and watched again at 3:20pm (stayed inside to get out of the heat) as we got out there was a line to get inside.
Rode TSMM around 3:40pm headed back in that direction and there was a line to get inside both the Funland and the merchandise area

I think the mad rush of the first day is over. Also, having two separate lines seems to help a lot.

Hi, we were there yesterday (Saturday EMH morning) we are locals (as you know) so not staying at any resorts so we arrived at 9:10am and headed straight to Oaken's. First we checked out the merchandise there was no line to get in and only a small line to pay. We spent about 15 minutes inside checking all the merchandise out and then headed inside the Funland. No line at all to get in and the place was pretty empty. There were about 30 people skating, about 10 in line to "build a snowman". We walked around a bit, took pic with the Aurasma app opportunities and headed out.
We came back to the Funland around 2 and again no line to get inside but the place had more people. We stayed and watched the skating show at 2:20pm and watched again at 3:20pm (stayed inside to get out of the heat) as we got out there was a line to get inside.
Rode TSMM around 3:40pm headed back in that direction and there was a line to get inside both the Funland and the merchandise area

Thanks for sharing your experience.

How did the aurasma app work? We didn't do that for SWW, but we downloaded for the Frozen stuff. Which backdrops work for it?

Both i guess it would be nice to see what the difference is between the two. Also to see if the pkg saves you anytime.

Thanks

In my opinion, the package only saves you time for the storytelling and gets you to the first 4 rows.

I've seen the parade once with the package and twice without. We got in line at 9:45 for check in on July 5th, opening day. So that was an hour and 15 minutes before parade time.

On July 6th we got a front row spot for the parade on our own at 10:30. 45 minutes later than the package for us. On Tuesday, July 8th, I think we arrived around 10:30 again and got front row for the parade on our own.

It rained for our dessert party. We got there just after 8pm and another couple let us share their table.

For the fireworks on our own, we found a picnic table by Min and Bill's before 8pm and hung around there watching the dance party and eating an Elsa cupcake from the Backlot Express until show time. Watched the Idol screen to see the stage show. And had a great view for fireworks.

I'd like to see package times - we are keeping ours and are really looking forward to it - just don't want to line up earlier than needed! or get there too late! Ha! Thank you!

I'll try to pay attention on Monday to times.

I know! It's stinking hot outside, and so many other things to do than stand in line.

Honestly I think this is just going to vary...the day I went the CM told me they expected people to start lining up to check in around 9 am and no one did until close to 10. Here's what we did.

Meant to get there at 9:45 but lots of traffic going into DHS and did not get to check in until 9:55. Were immediately checked in and let into the parade viewing area shortly thereafter...really no wait. So check in and parade line up were basically one and the same.

For the fireworks I didn't want to deal with the same issue getting in the park so we drove over about 7. A few people were (3-4) were in line then but we just sat at the tables at Min and Bills until a line started developing (around 7:30-7:45).

Liz

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.

Hi, we were there yesterday (Saturday EMH morning) we are locals (as you know) so not staying at any resorts so we arrived at 9:10am and headed straight to Oaken's. First we checked out the merchandise there was no line to get in and only a small line to pay. We spent about 15 minutes inside checking all the merchandise out and then headed inside the Funland. No line at all to get in and the place was pretty empty. There were about 30 people skating, about 10 in line to "build a snowman". We walked around a bit, took pic with the Aurasma app opportunities and headed out. We came back to the Funland around 2 and again no line to get inside but the place had more people. We stayed and watched the skating show at 2:20pm and watched again at 3:20pm (stayed inside to get out of the heat) as we got out there was a line to get inside. Rode TSMM around 3:40pm headed back in that direction and there was a line to get inside both the Funland and the merchandise area

Thanks so much yulilin3!! This was helpful. Now I just need to decide if I need to schedule a break back at the resort or just consider a couple hours in the Funland as a break. With all your help (and others) I planned a tight 2 day schedule for SWW leaving the 3rd day open in case things didn't go according to plans or the kids wanted to repeat something. That worked well so my hope is to plan everything Frozen to fit into one day and have a 2nd day open as a back up. Have you enjoyed the Frozen Summer Fun so far?

Thanks so much yulilin3!! This was helpful. Now I just need to decide if I need to schedule a break back at the resort or just consider a couple hours in the Funland as a break. With all your help (and others) I planned a tight 2 day schedule for SWW leaving the 3rd day open in case things didn't go according to plans or the kids wanted to repeat something. That worked well so my hope is to plan everything Frozen to fit into one day and have a 2nd day open as a back up. Have you enjoyed the Frozen Summer Fun so far?

Sounds like your planning is almost done. :)

Thanks so much for the helpful info! Were you still able to get a spot at the rope arriving just before 10AM? And able to get a table spot for the dessert party getting in line when you did?

Yes we were at the rope and a slightly to the left. And we got a low table to the far left for the dessert party...right where I wanted to be.

Liz

Inside Oaken's Funland are 2 Aurasma opportunities, each one next to the photo op with the snowy bridge as you enter. To the left of the bridge you get the trolls and to the right you get Sven
Outside the Funland (where Darth Maul meets during SWW) the Aurasma op is with Olaf
They all worked great

Inside Oaken's Funland are 2 Aurasma opportunities, each one next to the photo op with the snowy bridge as you enter. To the left of the bridge you get the trolls and to the right you get Sven
Outside the Funland (where Darth Maul meets during SWW) the Aurasma op is with Olaf
They all worked great

Thanks! So the Darth Maul one isn't a magic shot for pp is for the app? What about the Fett one?

Ok I read that you can sit at Min and Bills for the fireworks and see the stage show on the Idol screen. Can you also hear the stage show from the screen and the music?

Also, right now we still have the package. I also have a 10-11 TSMM return time. Is it realistic to be able to check in for the package, ride TSMM, and make it to the package viewing for some Mickey Bars and parade viewing? Or ride TSMM, then check in and then head to the parade viewing area? I feel like I need to change the TSMM time.....ughhhh

Thanks! So the Darth Maul one isn't a magic shot for pp is for the app? What about the Fett one?
That one is a magic shot. Not sure with whom

Ok I read that you can sit at Min and Bills for the fireworks and see the stage show on the Idol screen. Can you also hear the stage show from the screen and the music?

Also, right now we still have the package. I also have a 10-11 TSMM return time. Is it realistic to be able to check in for the package, ride TSMM, and make it to the package viewing for some Mickey Bars and parade viewing? Or ride TSMM, then check in and then head to the parade viewing area? I feel like I need to change the TSMM time.....ughhhh

We sat there yesterday and saw the screen and heard the show and the music. It was a great spot.
They also have a huge screen close to the tipboard so if you are on Hollywood Blvd around Hollywood and Vine ST. you'll be able to see the show and enjoy a centered view of the fireworks. Also as soon as the fireworks were done they turned on the "snow" machines and it was a true flurry walking out of the park on Hollywood Blvd

Ok I read that you can sit at Min and Bills for the fireworks and see the stage show on the Idol screen. Can you also hear the stage show from the screen and the music? Also, right now we still have the package. I also have a 10-11 TSMM return time. Is it realistic to be able to check in for the package, ride TSMM, and make it to the package viewing for some Mickey Bars and parade viewing? Or ride TSMM, then check in and then head to the parade viewing area? I feel like I need to change the TSMM time.....ughhhh

I suppose however your choices of spots would be more limited. I would be at DHS at opening and ride TSM standby. Gates open about 845 and we were off by 9:15.

Liz

Thank you...this thread has been so helpful! I booked the package but am seriously reconsidering. My main reason I may drop it is that my DD4 is allergic to nuts and so I am afraid the dessert party may be more torture than fun...even the fruit is on the table with the nuts so no really "safe" food for her. Has anyone with nut allergy tried the party yet? i did note it on reservation.

My other hesitation has been that we MUST do Jedi training academy for DS and I'm so stressed out worrying about when our return time will be and when we need to check in for parade and also our sing a long time! Whew! Too much input! LOL! Especially when you add in regular old FP times!

How does the sing along work if you don't have the package? Do you still sign up for a return? Is there less availability? And do you have to wait a very long time in line to get in? I think we would be ok on our own to find a place for parade and fireworks but we MUST do the sing a long! LOL!

Any advice for an overwhelmed Mom who is trying to please everyone?

I suppose however your choices of spots would be more limited. I would be at DHS at opening and ride TSM standby. Gates open about 845 and we were off by 9:15. Liz

Yes that is the plan. It is EMH when we go. The fp is for a second ride.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter