Official Goofy 2016 Thread

Take it easy on the knee. I hope it will treat you well come January; I am sure it will.
For those still struggling with injuries, I hope the best for you... I tried my knee out yesterday on a 3 mile run and it did not feel perfect but the run didn't seem to make it feel any worse. I tried 5 miles this morning running around a turf field (I've found from referreeing soccer that the turf fields are very easy on the knees), and it felt better than yesterday. In fact, the knee felt better as the run went on. I'm resting tomorrow (man, it feels good to be sore from running and know I am actually training) and will try 8 on the turf field on Sunday. But the signs are all positive, so Goofy looks to still be in the cards for me. For those of you who have had to bail on it (margitmouse,camaker), I feel your pain and wish the best for you going forward...

Hi folks, posting here too....
I had to defer til 2017, but have already paid for a goofy pin. If someone wants it, it's theirs, I just don't know the rules about picking things up for someone else....
Anyone know, or anyone interested!
Pay it forward...!
I would really love for someone to enjoy it :)
I am glad that you brought this up. I only paid for the Dopey pin this year - have all of the others from previous years. Anyone know how I would go about picking it up since I deferred, or does it get transferred t 2017? I don't wear the pins, but I don't want to just leave it there since I paid for it (Disney gets enough of my money).

I am glad that you brought this up. I only paid for the Dopey pin this year - have all of the others from previous years. Anyone know how I would go about picking it up since I deferred, or does it get transferred t 2017? I don't wear the pins, but I don't want to just leave it there since I paid for it (Disney gets enough of my money).
It won't get deferred to 2017. I know after other races people who deferred who found people afterwards to sell it to after picking it up themselves, not sure if you pick it up at a separate spot since you won't have a bib to get. Probably just ask once you get to the expo.

That was my exact thought... They get enough of my money!... And I liked the idea of gifting to someone who didn't have one. Would love if they deferred the pin too, but I think that might be wishful thinking.

For W&D, pins and stuff were picked up separate from bibs. Folks were not happy to have to stand in another line and it was crazy looooong!

Guess I will have to go right to the source... Will email rD and see what they say. In the interim... If anyone finds out pls let us know. Thanks!

That was my exact thought... They get enough of my money!... And I liked the idea of gifting to someone who didn't have one. Would love if they deferred the pin too, but I think that might be wishful thinking.

For W&D, pins and stuff were picked up separate from bibs. Folks were not happy to have to stand in another line and it was crazy looooong!

Guess I will have to go right to the source... Will email rD and see what they say. In the interim... If anyone finds out pls let us know. Thanks!

If you find out if others can pick it up for you and what is required to do that, I could do that for you and mail it to you.

If you find out if others can pick it up for you and what is required to do that, I could do that for you and mail it to you.

Thanks, if you could pick it up, I'd like to give it to someone who is actually running goofy. No one has responded that they'd be interested in the pin, but the pickup part is the challenge.... Or maybe not... It's as yet undetermined!
I will keep your offer in mind though. Thanks. I know you already have a shopping list ;)

It won't get deferred to 2017. I know after other races people who deferred who found people afterwards to sell it to after picking it up themselves, not sure if you pick it up at a separate spot since you won't have a bib to get. Probably just ask once you get to the expo.
Thanks, I'll pick it up at the Expo.

I'm in the walking wounded club as well. Nursing a knee strain, but I still think I can make Goofy if I don't have further setbacks...

My goal now is just make it to the end. I was able to walk/run 12 today and will be trying for a walk/run 18 tomorrow. If everything holds up I am feeling better about making it through my first Goofy.

My goal now is just make it to the end. I was able to walk/run 12 today and will be trying for a walk/run 18 tomorrow. If everything holds up I am feeling better about making it through my first Goofy.
I admire your determination! I ran 8 this morning, and my knee felt strong after, so I'm feeling optimistic I can still run the whole thing. I planned out a mini-training cycle culminating with a long run - maybe 18 or possibly 20 - on Dec. 27, then a 2 week taper. Good luck!

I admire your determination! I ran 8 this morning, and my knee felt strong after, so I'm feeling optimistic I can still run the whole thing. I planned out a mini-training cycle culminating with a long run - maybe 18 or possibly 20 - on Dec. 27, then a 2 week taper. Good luck!

I've adopted a similar mentality. Get in the last few quality workouts and make the most of the weekend.

Good luck with your training!

Alright everyone, attached is a new version of the Marathon Weekend Dis'ers listing. Some new people were added (welcome) and some people changed their information. If you have any questions/comments or don't see your name and want to be included let me know. Just think, it's almost here! :D

Attachments

• Marathon Weekend Dis'ers 2015_12_15.pdf
    287.9 KB · Views: 9
Good luck to all you Goofy racers and walking wounded out there. For myself, my knee isn't quite 100% but good enough to train and run. I completed my mini-training cycle with 10 and 20 on the 26th and 27th and have been tapering since. I won't be fast but I'm pretty sure I'll finish. I'll be looking out for fellow DIS'ers, Remember to have fun!

Have a great race David. If you see a group of guys dressed up as inside out Characters on the half day, I'll be bing bong. Say hi.

Good luck to all you Goofy racers and walking wounded out there. For myself, my knee isn't quite 100% but good enough to train and run. I completed my mini-training cycle with 10 and 20 on the 26th and 27th and have been tapering since. I won't be fast but I'm pretty sure I'll finish. I'll be looking out for fellow DIS'ers, Remember to have fun!
Have a great race David. If you see a group of guys dressed up as inside out Characters on the half day, I'll be bing bong. Say hi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter