Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

sorry maybe I'm not using the right terms. International Gateway is the entrance to world showcase correct? So you can get in that way early in the morning? or can you walk to the front entrance of epcot?
We are owners at BLT so this is all different and confusing for me!
Yes, that entrance is between France & UK in World Showcase.

If you enter the park there earlier than World Showcase opens, you will be able to walk through World Showcase, past the closed UK & Canada pavilions, to Future World. You may also be able to detour to France for breakfast, where the bakery has been opening at 9am.

There is no way to get from the Epcot resorts directly to the main entrance without walking through the park (except in the late afternoon when a bus runs to the main entrance to connect with the TL shuttle.)

We're going to be at AKL on June 6th - 12th. What is your opinion about driving to the parks vs. taking Disney buses. I'm particularly interested in what you think about driving to MK.

Can somebody tell me the easiest and/or fastest way to get from All Star Movies to Beaches & Cream and O'hana's thank you

Can somebody tell me the easiest and/or fastest way to get from All Star Movies to Beaches & Cream and O'hana's thank you
Easiest and fastest? Take a taxi.

Using Disney transportation:
Beaches & Cream: Bus to Hollywood Studios, then boat or walk to Beach Club
'Ohana (it's not an Irish restaurant!): Bus to Magic Kingdom, then boat or Monorail to the Polynesian.

Staying at POR Riverside, we have a rental car. How much time should we allow to get to Grand Floridian for a 8:25am breakfast ADR at 1900 Park Fare?
TIA

Staying at POR Riverside, we have a rental car. How much time should we allow to get to Grand Floridian for a 8:25am breakfast ADR at 1900 Park Fare?
TIA
Probably 15 minutes of driving time. At a little for getting through the gate, parking, and walking in. I'd budget 30 minutes just to be certain. You'll need to move your car after breakfast. I'd probably budget about the same time if you need to part at the TTC and ride the monorail to the resort.

Probably 15 minutes of driving time. At a little for getting through the gate, parking, and walking in. I'd budget 30 minutes just to be certain. You'll need to move your car after breakfast. I'd probably budget about the same time if you need to part at the TTC and ride the monorail to the resort.
Thanks. Yes we'll be moving our car after breakfast.

I'm checking everyday for an earlier ADR for Ohana but for now, I have a dinner for 9:25pm. From what I can see, Magic Kingdom and Epcot will be closed by 10pm. By the time my family is ready to leave after dinner (possibly 11pm by then), will there be any Disney transportation from Ohana to the Wilderness Lodge? Will buses or monorails still be running after 11pm for us to get home?

I'm checking everyday for an earlier ADR for Ohana but for now, I have a dinner for 9:25pm. From what I can see, Magic Kingdom and Epcot will be closed by 10pm. By the time my family is ready to leave after dinner (possibly 11pm by then), will there be any Disney transportation from Ohana to the Wilderness Lodge? Will buses or monorails still be running after 11pm for us to get home?
The buses will probably still be running from MK, but you may have trouble getting to MK. The monorails have been closing 1 hour after MK, and while the boat may still be running, I don't know whether they will take you to the MK after it's been closed that long.

The official answer is to take a bus to DTD and transfer there to a bus to WL, which could easily be a 90-minute journey.

I would plan on a taxi. The 2 resorts are only a mile apart, so taxi fare should be around $5 - an insignificant amount compared to the cost of dinner at 'Ohana.

I guess a taxi would be better than the hassle of finding a bus to bring us further away and then back. Thanks.

2011 was my last monorail resort stay. We made rope drop at MK and Epcot using the monorail during normal and EMH openings. I deliberately booked a monorail to avoid some bus nonsense. Now I am reading that the monorail will not get me to either park for 8 a.m. and it looks like it won't get me to Epcot rope drop at 9 a.m. normal opening because it doesnlt start to MK until 8:30 and not to Epcot until 9. Is this true? Am I really still stuck with the crammed full, stops every five minutes for more people there isn't room for bus and the tiny boat that always arrives full for all that money if I want to rope drop at either park except a 9 morning at MK? This would basically make the monorail useless to me if it gets me there after the parks open at these times.

We'll be in Beach Club in mid-August and will be going to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. How do we get there using Disney's transportation? TIA
Blizzard Beach: take the AK bus; the marquee should be alternately flashing "AK" & "BB". Tell the driver you are going to BB, as sometimes the bus will bypass it if no one is going there.

TL: take the DTD bus, which should be flashing "DTD" & "TL", before 2pm. After 2pm, you have to take a bus to Epcot, and transfer to a TL shuttle. (Buses don't usually run between BC & Epcot, but they do when the TL shuttle is active.)

If going to TL, it's best to leave the resort before 11am. Between 11am & 2pm, buses still go to TL, but they go the long around, stopping at DTD first.

Thanks joelkfla. How do we get back from Blizzard Beach? Seems like it's better to go there for my young kids. Do we have to hop a bus to go to one of the park first then to BC?
There are direct buses to all resorts from BB, from the time it opens until it's closed & clear of Guests.

I guess a taxi would be better than the hassle of finding a bus to bring us further away and then back. Thanks.
If you want to use Disney transportation (and hours change often), your trick is to get to the Contemproary. The boat launch between the WL and Contemporary runs every night until 11:30. Of course, if you don't want to stress about it, the $5 cab (and it IS that cheap from the Polynesian; I've done it) will do.

This is obviously very early, but it's on my mind now so I'll ask.

I'll be in Epcot for F&W the one day and want to go to see the Osborn Lights in DHS. I know I can take a bus or the boat, but I'm wondering how long should I expect either to be?

Apologies if this has been asked already! My DD6 really wants to go to the BBB but there are only spots at the DTD one. I was really hoping for the one at MK. I'm wondering how much of our day will be taken up by travelling to DTD? Are there any direct buses to DTD from the parks or resorts? We're staying at POP. Thanks!

Apologies if this has been asked already! My DD6 really wants to go to the BBB but there are only spots at the DTD one. I was really hoping for the one at MK. I'm wondering how much of our day will be taken up by travelling to DTD? Are there any direct buses to DTD from the parks or resorts? We're staying at POP. Thanks!
There are direct busses from the resorts, but not to the parks.

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and have a dining reservation one evening for Olivia's Cafe at Old Key West--do any of the water taxis go to both resorts? What would be the best way to get from POR to OKW? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter