Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

You'd have to transfer once you get to DTD.

That's what I was afraid of--I'm debating whether we should still do that or just drive. I am really looking forward to trying out the water taxis though. If we do stick with the water taxis and go from POR to DTD and then switch to go from DTD to OKW, how much time should we allow? This help is really invaluable--thank you!

We've never taken a taxi from the parks back to our resort. However, I have budgeted several taxi rides this year. I'm thinking it will save a lot of time at night, and we can be in bed sooner. Is it easy to find taxis coming out of the parks in the evenings? We'll be staying at POR. Thanks for any advice!

We've never taken a taxi from the parks back to our resort. However, I have budgeted several taxi rides this year. I'm thinking it will save a lot of time at night, and we can be in bed sooner. Is it easy to find taxis coming out of the parks in the evenings? We'll be staying at POR. Thanks for any advice!
There are taxi stands outside of each of the parks.

Needing to get to DTD for a BBB ressie from AK. We don't have a ton of time so I plan to take a taxi. Can anyone tell me roughly how long the cab ride might be? Thanks in advance!

Needing to get to DTD for a BBB ressie from AK. We don't have a ton of time so I plan to take a taxi. Can anyone tell me roughly how long the cab ride might be? Thanks in advance!
You can look up approximate times and fare at taxifarefinder.com

Leaving WL and heading to Chef Mickey by 7:10a. I'm guessing boat but does it run that early? and when should we leave.

Same time question - time from WL boating to MK to get to Crystal Palace by 9:15a

thanks!

Can anyone tell me how much time to allow to get from OKW to Spirit of Aloha dinner at the Poly? Also, is the best way to take the bus to Magic Kingdom and then take the boat over to Poly? (First time staying at OKW, so we don't want to miss our reservation!) Thanks!

Best (quickest) way to get from AK Park to DTD for a BBB ressie using Disney transportation? I'll take a cab if I absolutely have to but it's looking like the cab ride will be as much or more than the BBB appointment!!

Last edited:
Best (quickest) way to get from AK to DTD for a BBB ressie using Disney transportation? I'll take a cab if I absolutely have to but it's looking like the cab ride will be as much or more than the BBB appointment!!
Take the bus from AK resort to DTD... Just ask the front desk how much time to allow with all the construction going on in and around DTD!

Last edited:
Take the bus from AK resort to DTD... Kust ask t he front desk how much time to allow with all the construction going on in and around DTD!
I will be at AK park that day, not the resort. Should I bus to AK resort from AK park and then to DTS? Am I correct that there are no direct busses from the parks to DTD?

Best (quickest) way to get from AK Park to DTD for a BBB ressie using Disney transportation? I'll take a cab if I absolutely have to but it's looking like the cab ride will be as much or more than the BBB appointment!!
Don't transfer at AKL. Transfer at Pop or AoA (whichever bus comes first.)

Don't transfer at AKL. Transfer at Pop or AoA (whichever bus comes first.)
Thanks for that tip. :cutie: Do you happen to know roughly how long it would take to get from Pop/AoA to DTD? I want to allow myself enough time so DD doesn't miss her BBB ressie!

I've got a timing question for the pros on here! If I stay at Epcot to watch Illuminations at 9:00 will I be able to make a 9:40 reservation at Beaches and Cream? Illuminations is about 15 minutes and I've read it's less than a 10 minute walk to BC...so it seems like I have plenty of time, even if accounting for crowds. The only thing I'm not sure of is where Beaches and Cream is within the BC but I wouldn't think it would be more than another 10 minute walk. Thoughts?

You should be fine. I would choose a spot to watch IllumiNations that is in between UK and France though. On the bridge would be a good idea. That way, you can quickly exit the park thru International Gateway, then walk to BC. Beaches and Cream is easy enough to find...it's outside, by the pool area. So, go into BC and head to the left...past Cape May Restaurant. There are doors to the outside area on your left as you walk down that hallway. Choose one of the first you come to and you'll be at Beaches and Cream in no time. Shouldn't take more than 15 mins total.

You should be fine. I would choose a spot to watch IllumiNations that is in between UK and France though. On the bridge would be a good idea. That way, you can quickly exit the park thru International Gateway, then walk to BC. Beaches and Cream is easy enough to find...it's outside, by the pool area. So, go into BC and head to the left...past Cape May Restaurant. There are doors to the outside area on your left as you walk down that hallway. Choose one of the first you come to and you'll be at Beaches and Cream in no time. Shouldn't take more than 15 mins total.

Thanks for the confirmation and directions to Beaches and Cream! We may be doing a F&W tour that includes VIP seating at Illuminations but I don't know where that is located. I'm guessing it's the same location for the FP viewing...I'll do some looking online and see if I can see where that is located in relation to the International Gateway.

Thanks for the confirmation and directions to Beaches and Cream! We may be doing a F&W tour that includes VIP seating at Illuminations but I don't know where that is located. I'm guessing it's the same location for the FP viewing...I'll do some looking online and see if I can see where that is located in relation to the International Gateway.
It might be below one of the country's pavillion areas. If so, you might be fine...especially if it's in UK, France or Italy. But, if it's over on the other side of Epcot, by the walkway to FutureWorld, you have an issue. You will become a salmon, swimming upstream, when it's time to head to BC!!! I've found it to be a huge chore getting back to BWVs when I've had special seating in this particular area!!! I no longer use it if offered and I'm staying at an Epcot resort. But, as I said, if your tour gets you seating in one of the country viewing areas, that's terrific. You shouldn't have any issue then.

It might be below one of the country's pavillion areas. If so, you might be fine...especially if it's in UK, France or Italy. But, if it's over on the other side of Epcot, by the walkway to FutureWorld, you have an issue. You will become a salmon, swimming upstream, when it's time to head to BC!!! I've found it to be a huge chore getting back to BWVs when I've had special seating in this particular area!!! I no longer use it if offered and I'm staying at an Epcot resort. But, as I said, if your tour gets you seating in one of the country viewing areas, that's terrific. You shouldn't have any issue then.

Hopefully they'll be able to tell us where the VIP area is when we book the tour. I did a quick Google search after I read your post and it sounds like (at least at one point) there are two areas - one by Italy and one near UK. If it is by UK then it sounds like we're set!! If Italy, it still sounds like we'll be good :thumbsup2

But again, I'll double check when we book. It could be different for the tours. Right now there are 10:00 ADRs available but I'd rather keep 9:40 if it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter