Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

OK, so I have confirmed that the Mears shuttles are running from our Disney Springs hotel to the parks. I guess they drop off at TTC for MK. What is running from TTC to MK right now? Is it just the ferry, or is monorail also running?

If instead, I take a Lyft to TTC, what are the earliest times to take transportation to MK (wanting to rope drop)?
Thank you,

OK, so I have confirmed that the Mears shuttles are running from our Disney Springs hotel to the parks. I guess they drop off at TTC for MK. What is running from TTC to MK right now? Is it just the ferry, or is monorail also running?

If instead, I take a Lyft to TTC, what are the earliest times to take transportation to MK (wanting to rope drop)?
Thank you,
Not sure about the second part of your question but currently the ferry, monorails and buses are running from TTC to MK at park opening. I've heard from more than one report that the buses will get you from TTC to MK fastest right now.

Is there a post or link that gives the current status of all transportation? Running/Not running? Times?

Some examples...
  • I want to leave MK midday to grab a bite at the Poly. Is the resort boat launch running and what are the hours?
  • I am at WL and want to go to the Contemporary for dinner,is the boat running?
  • heading to Disney Springs after a day at Epcot, can I get there by bus?

i know the answer to these was yes a year ago... but I’m trying to plan for next week. Any ideas? These are just random examples, not necessarily what my plans are.

Last edited:
We have a dinner reservation for Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge and we're staying at Hilton Buena Vista Palace. If we Lyft over to Wilderness Lodge, can we take a bus back to Disney Springs after dinner?

We have a dinner reservation for Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge and we're staying at Hilton Buena Vista Palace. If we Lyft over to Wilderness Lodge, can we take a bus back to Disney Springs after dinner?
Yes, you can do this. Anyone may use Disney transportation regardless if you are staying on or off property.

Is there a post or link that gives the current status of all transportation? Running/Not running? Times?

Some examples...
  • I want to leave MK midday to grab a bite at the Poly. Is the resort boat launch running and what are the hours?
  • I am at WL and want to go to the Contemporary for dinner,is the boat running?
  • heading to Disney Springs after a day at Epcot, can I get there by bus?

i know the answer to these was yes a year ago... but I’m trying to plan for next week. Any ideas? These are just random examples, not necessarily what my plans are.

For your bullet point two, the blue flag boat that goes between the WL/FW/CR is not running. You would need to take the WL boat to MK then walk to CR. Depending on how late your reservation is, they do stop the WL -> MK boat as well, so if it's too late, you might need to find your own transportation.

For bullet point three, a poster above said that parks-to-DS buses are not currently running, so you might need to go to a resort first.

For bullet point three, a poster above said that parks-to-DS buses are not currently running, so you might need to go to a resort first.
Specifically, exit thru IG and walk to BC or BW. Or, if you have extra time and want one more ride, take the Skyliner to Riviera or CBR and get the bus to DS there.

We are staying at YC and are renting a car for the first time in many. many years while we are there. What time should we leave YC to drive to TTC for an 8am MK opening? I was thinking parking would open at 7am - is this correct?

Second question - that same MK day we have dinner at CA Grill at 5pm - should we move our car from TTC to Contemporary for an easier "out" later in the evening? We will probably go back to MK after dinner so I'm not sure if that is even allowed.

Thanks so much! I feel like such a newbie for this part of our upcoming trip as we always just use Disney transportation!

Not sure about the second part of your question but currently the ferry, monorails and buses are running from TTC to MK at park opening. I've heard from more than one report that the buses will get you from TTC to MK fastest right now.
So we’re here and we tried yesterday to get a bus from TTC to MK and the only options right now are monorail and the ferry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter