OFFICIAL(ish) CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL DINING PACKAGES INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally, we would like to do the package on our arrival day. Looking at the last show. Does anyone know the latest dinner time for package usually is?

Are we sure it is just a hold?

I am planning on adding the deluxe dining plan to my trip and using the table credits but I really dont want to purchase the DDP until the last minute.

So if it is just a CC hold that would be perfect.

Well, in reading the fine print again, they do have a clause in there now that says it is prepay. This has not been prepay in the last several years so I'm not sure why they have that in there. I have to believe that is an error and it won't be prepay.

Well, in reading the fine print again, they do have a clause in there now that says it is prepay. This has not been prepay in the last several years so I'm not sure why they have that in there. I have to believe that is an error and it won't be prepay.

I just read the "prepayment is required" line also. So I guess with the dining plan they are going to want that added to your trip before you make the reservations.

Oh well I guess I have to purchase it sooner than I wanted to.

I just read the "prepayment is required" line also. So I guess with the dining plan they are going to want that added to your trip before you make the reservations.

Oh well I guess I have to purchase it sooner than I wanted to.
How do you prepay using the dining plan? I thought they just reimbursed your credit card when you showed up for your meal.

I just wish they’d release Thanksgiving adrs. I check twice a day and they’re greyed out still.
Which ones are you trying to get? I didn't realize some weren't available except for Akershus. At least that was the one I had been checking.

I just wish they’d release Thanksgiving adrs. I check twice a day and they’re greyed out still.
Where are you checking, some restaurants have been released and some have not.

How do you prepay using the dining plan? I thought they just reimbursed your credit card when you showed up for your meal.
If you have the dining plan prior to booking the ADR, it can be linked by a CM thereby avoiding the need to prepay the ADR by earmarking the Dining credits instead. You still need to do a credit card hold.

On a side note, there will be a lot of unhappy people if this in fact has changed to a prepay meal. That’s a really high volume of reservations than say for CRT or Hoop De Do. It’s just not the way they’ve been doing it in many years.

If you have the dining plan prior to booking the ADR, it can be linked by a CM thereby avoiding the need to prepay the ADR by earmarking the Dining credits instead. You still need to do a credit card hold.

On a side note, there will be a lot of unhappy people if this in fact has changed to a prepay meal. That’s a really high volume of reservations than say for CRT or Hoop De Do. It’s just not the way they’ve been doing it in many years.
Thanks! I didn't realize you could use the dining plan to prepay. We're using the DDP for our summer trip, but didn't make any ADR's that require prepayment. We do plan on getting a CP package, but won't be using the DDP at Thanksgiving. I imagine this change will make a difference in how many reservations will be available. My guess is Disney had lots of left over/canceled reservations. Perhaps there were too many ADR hoarders waiting to see who the narrator was going to be before ultimately deciding which night to go? Now you really have to commit to your ADR, unless you have plenty of money to float in space! Ha! On the positive, maybe it'll be easier to get an ADR!

Thanks! I didn't realize you could use the dining plan to prepay. We're using the DDP for our summer trip, but didn't make any ADR's that require prepayment. We do plan on getting a CP package, but won't be using the DDP at Thanksgiving. I imagine this change will make a difference in how many reservations will be available. My guess is Disney had lots of left over/canceled reservations. Perhaps there were too many ADR hoarders waiting to see who the narrator was going to be before ultimately deciding which night to go? Now you really have to commit to your ADR, unless you have plenty of money to float in space! Ha! On the positive, maybe it'll be easier to get an ADR!
Agreed! I always go at Thanksgiving and always had at least 2 CP ADRs until I sorted out my plans and solidified a night. I tried to cancel as soon as I could so someone else could grab it, but I can see how this could be a problem if people got too egregious with it.

Think of all the prepaid funds they’ll have access to for 4-5 months!!

Agreed! I always go at Thanksgiving and always had at least 2 CP ADRs until I sorted out my plans and solidified a night. I tried to cancel as soon as I could so someone else could grab it, but I can see how this could be a problem if people got too egregious with it.

Think of all the prepaid funds they’ll have access to for 4-5 months!!
So true! Lots of funds!
This will be our first CP. But I've been guilty too with extra ADR's on trips, before our plans were nailed down. Clearly I won't with CP packages!

Biergarten. I’ve been checking twice a day for weeks.
That is strange. My first guess would have been because of the CP packages, but that doesn't start until the next day. And it's not because of Thanksgiving because you can book at other restaurants that day. Unless they are doing something special/different that day. I did notice Trail's End at FW only has breakfast available to book on Thanksgiving day. There is no option for dinner right now. I was trying for Akershus on Thanksgiving, but it's not grayed out. It just says no availability. That seems odd to me that all 3 meals were unavailable, and I even checked for a party of 2 just to see. Nope!

That is strange. My first guess would have been because of the CP packages, but that doesn't start until the next day. And it's not because of Thanksgiving because you can book at other restaurants that day. Unless they are doing something special/different that day. I did notice Trail's End at FW only has breakfast available to book on Thanksgiving day. There is no option for dinner right now. I was trying for Akershus on Thanksgiving, but it's not grayed out. It just says no availability. That seems odd to me that all 3 meals were unavailable, and I even checked for a party of 2 just to see. Nope!
Akershus, Biergarten, Coral Reef...I keep trying them. I get “no availability” or grayed out. I assumed CP but now it should be open. I have Rose and Crown booked as back up for now. But I booked adrs like mid May so I KNOW Biergarten isn’t full. Lol

Akershus, Biergarten, Coral Reef...I keep trying them. I get “no availability” or grayed out. I assumed CP but now it should be open. I have Rose and Crown booked as back up for now. But I booked adrs like mid May so I KNOW Biergarten isn’t full. Lol
I don't believe they're full either! I guess I'll just keep checking too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter