*** Official January 2020 Thread ***

Booked the Destinations Discovered Tour with our friends for 1/20, and then that night we'll be doing AH at MK :goodvibes I've wanted to do this tour since it was introduced not long ago and am really excited for it!

Really not looking forward to waking up at 5am for a chance to ride RoTR... the park opens at 8am that day, but I suspect that people will still be lining up around 5:30am-6am. We decided to leave the park by 1pm, go for a relaxing stroll around our resort (Wilderness Lodge), and wash up before dinner at California Grill. If RoTR was part of any VIP tour, I'd gladly pay for the tour so I can get some sleep on my vacation.

Everything is booked
Have our fastpasses
Have our dining reservations
Magic bands are ordered

are we missing anything else?

3 weeks to go. Too busy to do much more planning but did snag an earlier SDD. Kinda hoping they do still have boarding groups for RotR as I’d rather get up early one day and be pretty sure of a ride. Our (first) DHS day is Jan 6 and a Monday. Actually cancelled FP for a couple days later in week to be able to play by ear a bit more, as it’s just me and DH. And now hubs said something about Universal too (I’m an AP for Universal but his expired earlier this year).
Need to consolidate the gift cards too before I forget! I keep thinking lots of time left because trip is after the holidays instead of on a holiday this time lol,

FYI - likely not he correct spot for this but here goes anyway.

Will be dropping the following Dining Reservations for a trip Jan 4th - Jan 11th - all party of 4.

Plan to drop them tonight - likely around 9 pm EST

BOG Lunch - all around 1:30 - 2 pm
Jan 4th
Jan 5th
Jan 6th
Jan 8th

Yak and Yeti

Jan 5th - 4 pm
Jan 5th - 7:45 pm

SciFi Diner

Jan 8th - 3 pm

Teppan Edo

Jan 8th - 7:10 pm
Jan 9th - 7:10 pm
Jan 11th - 6:40 pm

Coral Reef

Jan 9th at 7:00 pm

Cheers.

If anyone is looking for an Oga's reservation, it looks like they dropped a bunch for the last week of January between 8 and 9 a.m.

The EMH change at DHS messes with our plans a bit but not too badly. We were already planning on late EMHs for Epcot and MK mid-week, so this just aligns our DHS day. Still debating whether to do our first park day SUPER early at DHS. The wrinkle for us is that we have to visit Guest Relations before park entry as we have Cdn resident tickets and that's our first park. I assume it will be open early??

@bluecastle new tip I learned this week, you can try checking the attraction page on WDW site to see opening hours
Thank you so much! CoP will be open until 10 pm our first night. Of course, there is always a chance it will break down, but at least it's not closing at 5 pm!

We will be at the parks 1/6 - 1/11. I've been searching, but yet to find if the boarding groups for RotR will still be a thing that week. Anyone know?

We will be at the parks 1/6 - 1/11. I've been searching, but yet to find if the boarding groups for RotR will still be a thing that week. Anyone know?

I think it's likely a safe bet that they will be given proximity to the super busy holiday weeks. I would plan as if they are and keep an eye on the boarding group thread to see how the week before your trip is faring.

Finally cleared my dresser and set up my counter:

The EMH change at DHS messes with our plans a bit but not too badly. We were already planning on late EMHs for Epcot and MK mid-week, so this just aligns our DHS day. Still debating whether to do our first park day SUPER early at DHS. The wrinkle for us is that we have to visit Guest Relations before park entry as we have Cdn resident tickets and that's our first park. I assume it will be open early??
Can you visit the ticket office at Disney Springs the night before?

I'm planning to upgrade my hopper to an AP and want to do it before I go to DHS as my first park day so I can use the discounts right away without adding an extra step to the whole rope drop process, so my current plan is to roll into Disney Springs on arrival night and take care of it then. I don't know if that would work for what you specifically need done at Guest Relations, though.

@YawningDodo We potentially could, but we have a 4 and 7 year old and I have never really seen a firm answer on whether the kids need to be in tow, or whether we just need to bring their passports and magic bands. We have Canadian resident tickets which function as exchange certificates, so we need to prove residency before entering our first park. We don't land until 6pm local but by the time we get through MDE and check in at resort (We need to pick up our MBs so mandatory front desk visit)... it was close to 8:30-9pm the last time we did it. Which doesn't lend itself well to a very early morning the next day, either. Decisions, decisions!

If anyone is looking for an Oga's reservation, it looks like they dropped a bunch for the last week of January between 8 and 9 a.m.
THANK YOU for the heads up! I was able to get us an 8:30 am reservation on our first DHS day which is PERFECT for our family!

I cancelled our Garden Grill breakfast in exchange for Topolino's Terrace... the reviews thus far are looking excellent, and I figured it would also give us a reason to use the Disney Skyliner (Riviera Resort to Epcot).

Anybody else change their ADRs at the last minute?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter