*** Official January 2020 Thread ***

I cancelled our Garden Grill breakfast in exchange for Topolino's Terrace... the reviews thus far are looking excellent, and I figured it would also give us a reason to use the Disney Skyliner (Riviera Resort to Epcot).

Anybody else change their ADRs at the last minute?

All the time. I'm still on the fence about our Tusker House and Crystal Palace ADRs... Topolino looks really cool but I think DH would actually prefer a buffet over the plated options. We're at pop so it would be soooo easy to get to as wel...

@YawningDodo We potentially could, but we have a 4 and 7 year old and I have never really seen a firm answer on whether the kids need to be in tow, or whether we just need to bring their passports and magic bands. We have Canadian resident tickets which function as exchange certificates, so we need to prove residency before entering our first park. We don't land until 6pm local but by the time we get through MDE and check in at resort (We need to pick up our MBs so mandatory front desk visit)... it was close to 8:30-9pm the last time we did it. Which doesn't lend itself well to a very early morning the next day, either. Decisions, decisions!
Oof, yeah, that's rough. Maybe play it by ear? I guess the good news is that with the policy change on when they start giving out boarding groups means that you just need to be in the park within a few minutes of opening, instead of staking out a spot hours in advance to get a good number.
I cancelled our Garden Grill breakfast in exchange for Topolino's Terrace... the reviews thus far are looking excellent, and I figured it would also give us a reason to use the Disney Skyliner (Riviera Resort to Epcot).

I just added breakfast at Boma for my second park day! I was already planning to show up late to AK and just close the park out instead of fussing with rope drop, and I thought--I've only done Boma for dinner, why not? I can't help but think it'd be a heck of a lot simpler transportation-wise if I did Tusker House instead (and it'd probably be a wash as far as cost since I'll have to pay for a Lyft to get to AKL early enough), but the only TH reservation available that morning is too close to my tour time for comfort. I know general consensus is that Boma has better food, but the convenience factor is looming large and eating at Tusker House would be a brand new experience for me. I may keep checking that and do a swap if an earlier spot opens up--if it does I bet it'll be a last minute swap the night before.

Change ADR's last minute? More like make them last minute-especially when just 2 or 3 of us. I've found so many people change plans that we've not had issues getting what we want when we want it-but we aren't terribly picky either. We've become much more of a "wing it" type touring style.
Boma sounds good-only restaurant at AKL that we have't eaten at...

I'm going to be completely switching around day 2 and 4 on my itinerary. Day 2 (26th) was going to be Epcot, but now with HS opening at 8 AM and EMH until 10 that day, I want to do that instead. I have never completely changed around FPs before a trip before (we've done a bit while there and plans changed, but not a complete switch.) When I look at FP availability it's not bad. I was already able to get an Oga's for 9:30 AM and looks like plenty of times available for Savi's. Epcot has Soarin' available so yay!

We have Topolino's breakfast with our friends booked for the 21st and I know we'll keep it; in general when we go without the kids (which is like 90% of the time) we always book ADR's last minute! We also pretty much change up at least part of every day if not the whole day from what our original thought plan was and that's the way we prefer it.
Since we are meeting quite a few DIS friends we have 2 other dinner reservations and the rest of the meals will basically be lounges and day of ADR's.
Change ADR's last minute? More like make them last minute-especially when just 2 or 3 of us. I've found so many people change plans that we've not had issues getting what we want when we want it-but we aren't terribly picky either. We've become much more of a "wing it" type touring style.
Boma sounds good-only restaurant at AKL that we have't eaten at...
Best way to do it, wing it lol!

1/22 currently has FOP FP+ available for 9:15 and 6:00. Grab 'em fast if you need 'em!

::MinnieMo I found you all! We are headed to DW mid-January, first time at CBR. After the Santa gifts have been opened on Christmas morning, we will have a scavenger hunt to surprise the kids and reveal the vacation! It will be my youngest child's first visit. Hubby and I have been keeping this huge secret since the summer and are so ready to enjoy it with the kids!

::MinnieMo I found you all! We are headed to DW mid-January, first time at CBR. After the Santa gifts have been opened on Christmas morning, we will have a scavenger hunt to surprise the kids and reveal the vacation! It will be my youngest child's first visit. Hubby and I have been keeping this huge secret since the summer and are so ready to enjoy it with the kids!
Aww that's fantsstuc, they will be so excited. We told ours on sat and they were shocked and excited. Still feels weird talking to them about it after keeping it a secret for so long. Good luck with the reveal :)

We're getting close! Which magic bands did you all choose? Finally submitted my order a couple days ago. This is a surprise for my girls, so it was hard deciding for them. Wanted Pluto and Stitch for them and kept holding out. But finally settled on two castle magic bands, the aqua color and the white one. I got the 2020 Mickey band. Hubs stuck with the blue freebie.

I got Miss Bunny & It’s a Small World and hubs went with Nightmare Before Christmas and grey!

We are 25 days away now!

I went for aqua Castle, hubby got grey star wars, dd1 rainbow mickey & dd2 figment. Ours don't get shipped as we are overseas so have to collect at reception so really hoping they are there as some people from over here have said they haven't been in resort and were offered grey ones and refunded the difference. Have fingers crossed this doesn't happen us 🤞

Went for the Small World band for me-- I got impatient and ordered a few months ago. :)

Kind of wish I'd waited, though. My parents (who are going later in February) ordered theirs a couple days ago and it seemed like the selection was better than when I ordered back in October. Oh well-- the Small World band's still one of my favorite current designs.

Hit the 1 month to go mark yesterday-- this time next month, assuming all goes well, I should be in Galaxy's Edge (or somewhere in Hollywood Studios; we'll see ;)).

We head back 3 weeks from tomorrow! Getting really excited for our Toppolino breakfast after seeing good reviews. These last few comments here reminded me I need to choose our MB's though! We have quite a few of the customized ones already so I'll look through and see what's there that we don't have and want.

Toppolino breakfast after seeing good reviews. These last few comments here reminded me I need to choose our MB's though!

I was holding off for the longest time because there were plenty of ADRs available. As soon as the reviews starting coming in, the place was booked. Took a 9:30am ADR for our Epcot day.

I'm not sure if I'm more excited for the character meal, or to ride the Skyliner into Epcot after!
:earboy2:

Got my DME letter and luggage tag today! It’s really real now, less than a month until I’m in the World 🥳🥳🥳

We are 15 days away!!! Added a couple more ADRS. first night at Raglan road dinner and last morning breakfast at Topolino’s terrace! Starting to get things laid out to pack this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter