*** Official January 2020 Thread ***

Went for the Small World band for me-- I got impatient and ordered a few months ago. :)

Kind of wish I'd waited, though. My parents (who are going later in February) ordered theirs a couple days ago and it seemed like the selection was better than when I ordered back in October. Oh well-- the Small World band's still one of my favorite current designs.

Hit the 1 month to go mark yesterday-- this time next month, assuming all goes well, I should be in Galaxy's Edge (or somewhere in Hollywood Studios; we'll see ;)).
I've been feeling the same way--but it sounds like the issues with ordering are ongoing, so there's no guarantee of what would have been available if I/we had waited. Also, there are so many good designs that no matter what I'd chosen I'm sure I'd always feel like I was "missing out" on others.

I'm inside of 30 days--when I get back from visiting family on Sunday night I'll get to turn my countdown blocks to just 25 days! Hoping my DME tags will be waiting for me, but we'll see.

I've unfortunately hit the point in trip planning where I've suddenly lost most of my interest and enthusiasm for preplanning, but that's alright. It happens every trip. I just need to get in gear on the must-do's and let things like obsessive blog-reading and ADR-checking fall to the wayside--it's not really necessary anymore and it's the practical stuff like repairing my park bag and buying missing toiletries that need my focus anyway. I've just got some stuff to re-check the day before I leave--park schedules, if there are any updates for RotR procedures, that kind of thing, but otherwise my plans are set and I'm not messing with it anymore.

1 week to go! I work everyday but NY day next week, and have to get stuff ready for the kids back to school-my oldest is staying with her siblings the week we are gone, but youngest 2 are starting back to school the 6th. So much to do and we are binge watching Lost in Space 2nd season :rolleyes1 Well I am compiling grocery list...oh and hoping to adopt a puppy this week too.
I already have the white castle band and figment band, and didn't really like the others available when I finally ordered so got plain purple, got hubs the star wars one.
FYI- early opening hours (7am) at Hollywood Studios have been extended from Jan 5th - Jan 11th.
Yay? I was ok with the 8 am opening actually-now just means less sleep that day: going with my hubs oldest and her family the 6th (when blackout on their passes ends) and getting a late rising 4 year old up won't be easy-they only have the one day to do DHS specifically for Galaxy's Edge, and need to drive back to Jacksonville later that day, so early BG is pretty much a must have.
Ready for vacation!

We're getting close! Which magic bands did you all choose? Finally submitted my order a couple days ago. This is a surprise for my girls, so it was hard deciding for them. Wanted Pluto and Stitch for them and kept holding out. But finally settled on two castle magic bands, the aqua color and the white one. I got the 2020 Mickey band. Hubs stuck with the blue freebie.

I got the Small World one and DS (13) got the Pirates one. I already have the white Cinderella castle one and the Spaceship Earth one from earlier this year.

I already have the white castle band and figment band, and didn't really like the others available when I finally ordered so got plain purple, got hubs the star wars one.
I have the white castle one also and Miss Bunny and male villains ☺ I had SE but it flew off on 7DMT in October! Just ordered ours for January, I got a Princess one and DH got the Mickey 2020 one

Less then a month to go and we are getting crazy excited. Trying to figure out what I have left to do to get ready. Our Magic Bands and ME tags have both shipped. I'm going to put in a room request this week. Our ADRs and FPs are good to go. Other then shopping/packing...what am I missing? Is there a benefit to checking in online vs. going to the front desk? So. Very. EXCITED!

Less then a month to go and we are getting crazy excited. Trying to figure out what I have left to do to get ready. Our Magic Bands and ME tags have both shipped. I'm going to put in a room request this week. Our ADRs and FPs are good to go. Other then shopping/packing...what am I missing? Is there a benefit to checking in online vs. going to the front desk? So. Very. EXCITED!
I check in online to get room ready texts, but I personally like to also go to lobby of each resort-we tend to stay at new to us places so I like to get a feel for it. But I am weird like that lol!

Similar to @maranara here...we are less than a month away from our trip. Yahoo!!! Every time I go on MDE I’m tempted to do the check-in. Is there a benefit to waiting until we’re closer to our trip or is it ok to do at any time? I also see that you can put in a room preference when you do the check in. Would it help to put in a room preference earlier?

Similar to @maranara here...we are less than a month away from our trip. Yahoo!!! Every time I go on MDE I’m tempted to do the check-in. Is there a benefit to waiting until we’re closer to our trip or is it ok to do at any time? I also see that you can put in a room preference when you do the check in. Would it help to put in a room preference earlier?
I think it's OK to do anytime. I've already checked in for our CSR reservation in the last week of Jan.
On our pass-through Orlando early last week, we had a 2-night stay at ASMo and had checked in at least a month or two earlier. We got what we requested on the online check-in. We shall see with CSR :).

I think I did the request our last trip too, but we had a split stay at the same resort (one night was a Priceline, two were direct with Disney for a standard room - CSR combined the two reservations and gave us the preferred room that came with the Priceline bid) so that changed any requests I'd made.

I think it's OK to do anytime. I've already checked in for our CSR reservation in the last week of Jan.
On our pass-through Orlando early last week, we had a 2-night stay at ASMo and had checked in at least a month or two earlier. We got what we requested on the online check-in. We shall see with CSR :).

I think I did the request our last trip too, but we had a split stay at the same resort (one night was a Priceline, two were direct with Disney for a standard room - CSR combined the two reservations and gave us the preferred room that came with the Priceline bid) so that changed any requests I'd made.

Thank you! You’ve had great luck with room requests! This makes me hopeful. Good luck with your CSR reservation. 🤞🏻 We’ll be there at the same time as you!..last week of Jan.

How do you know your ME tags have shipped?? I'm hoping ours are here soon. We're at 26 days. I also need to put in a room request.
We always do online check-in so we get a room ready text and often we just skip the front desk entirely.

How do you know your ME tags have shipped?? I'm hoping ours are here soon. We're at 26 days. I also need to put in a room request.
We always do online check-in so we get a room ready text and often we just skip the front desk entirely.
Because they arrived yesterday. :) They don't give you a shipping notification but I use Informed Delivery and I have a sense of what will arrive that day each morning. We leave on January 25 - your tags are probably close behind mine.

2 days of work, and Saturday we will arrive! Ugh gotta pack and get organised today!! We got a new puppy over the weekend, going to be hard to leave him, but he will have someone with him 24/7 as my oldest is watching her siblings - and now puppy sitting too.
Weather looks decent for next week-wish it was a bit warmer a couple days, but still beats the snow/freezing rain possibility at home :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter