*** Official June 2020 ***

I have my FP+ date next Tuesday and I'm not holding out for greatness... :headache: :headache:

and SW changed our non-stop flights (both ways) to layovers in ATL - and we now get in 3 hrs later on arrival day and leave a little earlier on departure...

fingers crossed we still can keep the reservation!!

:sad2::sad2:

I’m going to cancel. We can’t self-quarantine at home after for 2 weeks. Without that, I’d be too anxious one of us might have caught it and could give to to someone who may be at higher risk of complications.

I’m not sure when we’ll get back. Maybe August 2021.

We cancelled today. We were June 6-12 at AKL. This trip was in the making for past 4 years for Galaxy's Edge so it wasn’t an easy decision. Had great flights from Southwest had great dining reservations but it wasn’t meant to be. I don’t think things will be anywhere close to normal for a Disney trip. I would rather wait for this to pass and feel comfortable with crowds, airline travel and expectations with resorts and parks. Sad and disappointed but also feel some relief that I don’t have to worry anymore about the what if’s. But I will start planning again and have something to look forward to. :earsboy:

I am almost hoping they cancel our convention June 19-23. It would make explaining to our grandsons easier why we need to wait. We will probably go if they don't cancel the convention because our rooms are provided by the company, but parks are bound to be less enjoyable than in the past. There is just so much uncertainty about a June trip-making any kind of touring plan would be close to impossible. Yes, I will make our fast passes week after next, then just wait to see what happens. I need to stay off the boards as they have made me more anxious with all the speculation. I would personally rather wait a few years, although at 67 I'm praying I can still get around on my own legs in Disney for quite few more years!

I couldn't agree more Brett. I don't see the parks opening by the time my family heads down on June 3. Although, today when I booked my fast passes, I had trouble getting what I wanted on two of my days. We can all hope for the best.
Someone may have already mentioned this but the speculation is they are limiting the amount of fastpasses they are distributing. I think they are probably trying to figure out the best way to limit capacity to the parks, as well.

UGH - I hate to leave this thread, but I'll be calling and canceling our June 13-20th trip for my DS's HS graduation trip and we'll be rebooking it for Dec 17-23rd...and I have so many mixed emotions about it!

I planned so long and hard for this June trip but when talking to my DS tonight he had the last call (since it's allegedly his trip) and he doesn't think that WDW will be back to "normal" by the trip and doesn't want to go there and half-way it so he asked to move it.

*SIGH* and when I can make ADRs for this trip would have been my week in Disney...

I had already bought tickets to our first-ever Villians After Hours event so now we'll be going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas....

Wish me luck I can find a 2 br villa! We had booked our Welcome Home visit at CCV but I don't think there is room there for the new trip...

Someone may have already mentioned this but the speculation is they are limiting the amount of fastpasses they are distributing. I think they are probably trying to figure out the best way to limit capacity to the parks, as well.
I think it would make the most sense to not use advanced FP when they first open. If they need to limit the number of people in all queues, etc. it would be better to use a system similar to the FP system used in CA, but for virtual queing. Then people would only be able to book while in the park and they could spread groups out and work with current availability for popular attractions. They may feel the need to spread out audiences in shows too.

I don't want to cancel, but part of me knows we won't get the full experience and it may be better to just reschedule. This is the first trip for our kids and my mother. It is so expensive to fly to FL and I am worried cost to value is going to suffer. But I also really want the parks to reopen and I want to support Disney by being there. I wish we hadn't purchased our tickets already. It would make cancelling easier as we could focus on going to Disneyland for a few days instead of worrying about a 2 week trip out of state.

Well, our June 1-7 trip is going out the window. Even if WDW reopens on June 1st, the odds of the place being fully functional, at this point, looks pretty bleak IMO. We've decided to move our trip to August. It sucks having to re-do all our reservations, FP and golf. But in the long run, I'd rather not risk having a limited vacation experience or sweat it out in August. :sad:

We are booked June 6-13th and will almost certainly cancel as well. But is there some benefit to waiting to see if Disney announces the parks will still be closed so you get the free dining offer? We are room only reservation so can cancel right up to the last week.

I made Fast Passes this morning, and DHS is a mess. Disney needs to do something about the tiers/ride capacity. We couldn’t get ANYTHING at a decent time. I couldn’t get FOP either, but that’s 60+1 so I didn’t expect to. Other than that, it wasn’t too bad. We’re still planning on going, but we’ll see...

I am due to make my Fast Pass selections on Sunday for a June 18-27 trip. I am really hoping to be able to go. This trip is 3 years in the making. And to think it could just be tossed out the widow. So sad.

When May was a no-go, I booked the last weekend of June, but not looking good either. Contemplating pushing to July. If not, it won't be until 2021 :(

We are booked June 6-13th and will almost certainly cancel as well. But is there some benefit to waiting to see if Disney announces the parks will still be closed so you get the free dining offer? We are room only reservation so can cancel right up to the last week.
I am waiting for Disney to cancel...which they certainly will. I have two rooms only reservations also. My family are not Disney Dining people per se, but let's see what Disney offers. I am not planning to re-book a trip this year. It just won't be a Disney Experience and not worth the money.

I made Fast Passes this morning, and DHS is a mess. Disney needs to do something about the tiers/ride capacity. We couldn’t get ANYTHING at a decent time. I couldn’t get FOP either, but that’s 60+1 so I didn’t expect to. Other than that, it wasn’t too bad. We’re still planning on going, but we’ll see...
I'm in the same boat. I booked this morning for a 6/13-6/21 trip. WAY different availability than past trips.

60+1: MK - no coasters before noon. BTMR was completely unavailable. I got POTC, HM before noon, Splash at 3:00.
60+2: Epcot - not bad, but limited T1 availability in the morning. This park is just a FP+ mess right now, even before SE closing...
60+3: AK - NO FOP availability. Earliest NRJ was 4:30. None of the top attractions available early.
60+4: HS - ToT, RnR, and TSM by 12:30. All T1s were 3ish before first availability. This is a hop day, over to Epcot by 1:30, so couldn't get late FPs.
60+5: MK - Better than 60+1, but SDMT earliest time was 3:15.
60+6: HS - This is a AK/HS day so we're rope dropping some attractions at AK, pool, then some HS attractions then Fantasmic after dinner. No issues getting AS2, TSM, and MMRR after 5:30.
60+7: HS - Mainly a GE day. No issues with availability. Got RnR, ST, and MFSR before noon.

We were going down for July 4th for a few days just to see fireworks, but I went ahead and turned that into a week long trip as backup. I may those FPs on 5/2. If those turn out far better, I may just end up cancelling the June trip and doing the longer July trip. I've been able to finagle ADRs to make that a pretty good trip, though our June trip was perfect.

We were trying to do DHS at 60+3 so that might be the problem. It seems like getting anything decent closer than that to the beginning of a stay is the main problem for June FPs. We didn’t have that problem at all for our March trip. 🤷‍♀️ I wonder if they’re trying to slowly ramp up capacity/number of FastPasses throughout June?

I canceled for June and I am rescheduling for the end of July
That is what we did to. I'm still hoping the end of July gives us enough time for the parks to be some what normal and open. I'm still not getting my hopes up yet.

If anyone who’s canceling has a Tier One FP for DHS on June 15, let me know so I can snap it up. 😬

The fastpasses for the start of my trip (June 9-19) were not so good but toward the end I got all the popular rides. I sort of want to move until August but was told school could start at any time and it is TBD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter