*** Official June 2020 ***

Dh and I are debating just whether to cancel or not. We have a back up in August that we bought airline tickets for so that one is pretty much going to happen. June is like a big question mark. We didn't buy tickets for it because I have doubts.

I posted earlier that I was cancelling my June 1-7 trip. Now I'm holding onto that reservation, not so much hoping to travel then, but to see what they'll offer should they cancel. I may book a back up reservation for a later date just in case. Free dining would be worth the hold out 😜

@wonderchica Our FP day is 12 days out. I don't even have a solid plan bc I'm sure they will be opening the parks in stages. So that means both SWGE rides are out if they don't allow any inside attractions, that's some speculation on the boards. I don't have any solid plans.
I can't believe there would be no indoor rides. Ugg! This is me right now. My fastpass window open April 29th. And right now, I made just two ADRs and the rest of the days are just counter-service so I was leaving the days flexible.

Anyway, we're still thinking that it's about 75% likely that we'll be postponing the trip until June 2021, so we decided this morning was our practice run at making our FP+ selections in MDE. My last WDW trip was so long ago that none of us had smart phones when we went! :rotfl:

I suspect that there will be some kind of limited options if the parks do indeed open by June 1, and since this is most likely a "once in a lifetime" trip for our crew, we don't want to go and not be able to experience most of the things we want to do. We're still in the wait and see mode, but thankfully we booked with a great TA who will help us if/when we do decide to postpone the trip for a year. And if we put it off, then we'll just have to hop down to DLR for a quick visit this fall next winter to get our Disney fix before the big WDW trip!

This sounds like me. I had to laugh at your comment about being so long ago you did not have smart phones. This trip has been six years in the planning stages for me and there have been so many new things added and so many changes, it has been hard to plan for AND that was BEFORE Covid-19. I am 90% sure I will be cancelling this trip right now and start making my plans for summer 2021.

I didn’t have great success for 8-14, no minnies rail road Any day and FOP only on the last day...

I’m still not sure this trip will even happen, but we shall see!
This sounds like me. I plan to try making fastpasses when my window opens just to see what is available and get the practice of doing so since it has been six years since I was last there and a lot has changed. But I will most likely be postponing my trip and moving it to next summer instead.
We cancelled today. We were June 6-12 at AKL. This trip was in the making for past 4 years for Galaxy's Edge so it wasn’t an easy decision. Had great flights from Southwest had great dining reservations but it wasn’t meant to be. I don’t think things will be anywhere close to normal for a Disney trip. I would rather wait for this to pass and feel comfortable with crowds, airline travel and expectations with resorts and parks. Sad and disappointed but also feel some relief that I don’t have to worry anymore about the what if’s. But I will start planning again and have something to look forward to. :earsboy:

I agree. Since I have been dreaming and making plans for this trip for six long years, I do not want to go and not be able to experience a lot of things. So, unfortunately, it looks like I will have to wait another year before we get to go. Such a bummer for us all!
:grouphug:
I am almost hoping they cancel our convention June 19-23. It would make explaining to our grandsons easier why we need to wait. We will probably go if they don't cancel the convention because our rooms are provided by the company, but parks are bound to be less enjoyable than in the past. There is just so much uncertainty about a June trip-making any kind of touring plan would be close to impossible. Yes, I will make our fast passes week after next, then just wait to see what happens. I need to stay off the boards as they have made me more anxious with all the speculation. I would personally rather wait a few years, although at 67 I'm praying I can still get around on my own legs in Disney for quite few more years!
I understand. I want to go to Disney when I am healthy and can handle all the walking. Hang in there!

We are booked June 6-13th and will almost certainly cancel as well. But is there some benefit to waiting to see if Disney announces the parks will still be closed so you get the free dining offer? We are room only reservation so can cancel right up to the last week.
This is my thoughts also. I plan to hold onto my reservation for awhile to see if Disney will extend the free dining offer for those that will need to cancel trips.
:hug:
I am due to make my Fast Pass selections on Sunday for a June 18-27 trip. I am really hoping to be able to go. This trip is 3 years in the making. And to think it could just be tossed out the widow. So sad.
It is sad. Having to let go of an actual reservation that you have been thinking about and planning for for years is sad. And it is hard to be excited for a future trip when things are so up in the air and you really do not have good idea of when to even reschedule a trip.
:hug: I am thinking of starting a new thread for June 2021 for those of us who might be posting a full year, so we can connect with each other and share our thoughts, concerns and hopefully excitement with others who have had to postpone this year.

I am waiting for Disney to cancel...which they certainly will. I have two rooms only reservations also. My family are not Disney Dining people per se, but let's see what Disney offers. I am not planning to re-book a trip this year. It just won't be a Disney Experience and not worth the money.
I hope Disney offers some incentive for those of us who are having to cancel June trips. Like you, I want to wait and go back when I can enjoy Disney parks at their fullest.
I posted earlier that I was cancelling my June 1-7 trip. Now I'm holding onto that reservation, not so much hoping to travel then, but to see what they'll offer should they cancel. I may book a back up reservation for a later date just in case. Free dining would be worth the hold out 😜
I noticed in the new Update on the My Disney app that Disney will drop the change or cancellation fees for trips with check-ins up to and through June 30th. Anyone else see this? It is under the Need to Adjust Your Travel Plans subsection.

Last edited:
Well we are going to cancel our May 31 (ha the parks aren't even open!) thru June 3 trip- it's too close to all the issues going on right now plus our cruise that is the week before likely isn't happening anyway- we plan to cancel even if they don't, so sad no 20th anniversary trip for me and my dh. We've only been planning for 5 years to do something big, the Disney trip was a bonus add on and now all gone. I don't think we will be rescheduling unless they come up with some incentive that makes sense for us, free dining isnt it for us because we can't travel within the time they said for that.

I was lucky that when I booked my fastpasses, none of this mess had started, I guess (we are 5/30-6/7). But I had to book today for a family and it was rough. They are only going in the parks for 4 days. There was no Tier 1 AT ALL for DHS on their 4th day, no FOP on their 5th day. No 7D on their 3rd day. BTMRR is being refurbed, so none of those. I did get Soarin and Splash and the Safari (early) and Navi (early) but it really is a mess.

We also have 6/27-7/5 and 7/23-7/26 (adults only), plus Oct and Nov. But I am going to have to call to get a FP booking key card put on for my July trips because our APs were set to expire on 6/8 and they will be extended, they just haven't done it yet because they don't know how far out to extend them.

I didn’t have great success for 8-14, no minnies rail road Any day and FOP only on the last day...

I’m still not sure this trip will even happen, but we shall see!
I don't think I knew you were going in June! We overlap :goodvibes

So in addition to our Memorial weekend trip which I won't cancel until Disney does, we have a June back up booked for the 6-13th. May stay is at BCV and my fastpasses are wonderful; June right now is at POR, one of two resorts we have not yet stayed at, and fastpasses not so much good lol. But we also have our July trip that's been booked before all..............this happened so I am of the mindset right now July WILL happen, and hoping for either May or June. I don't even care about what rides we get on if we go in June or what's opened/closed, just want to be there!

I was lucky that when I booked my fastpasses, none of this mess had started, I guess (we are 5/30-6/7). But I had to book today for a family and it was rough. They are only going in the parks for 4 days. There was no Tier 1 AT ALL for DHS on their 4th day, no FOP on their 5th day. No 7D on their 3rd day. BTMRR is being refurbed, so none of those. I did get Soarin and Splash and the Safari (early) and Navi (early) but it really is a mess.

We also have 6/27-7/5 and 7/23-7/26 (adults only), plus Oct and Nov. But I am going to have to call to get a FP booking key card put on for my July trips because our APs were set to expire on 6/8 and they will be extended, they just haven't done it yet because they don't know how far out to extend them.
I have not done this personally, but others have reported being able to get BTMRR when they called. Not sure if you want to try.

I have not done this personally, but others have reported being able to get BTMRR when they called. Not sure if you want to try.
Good to know. I actually got it booked for my personal trip (before this FP mess started), just couldn't get it for clients I was booking for today. They are most likely going to cancel and they are a little wishy washy so I'll probably hold off for now, see what they decide, and keep checking back.

I pulled the plug on my June trip. We rebooked for late August. Funny all my FP for June are still showing up on my account. Gads I don't want to go through plotting all those FP.

I just booked my trip for late August.. I haven't brought myself to cancel the June one yet but I will soon.If August falls through, we'll try for November.

I don't think I knew you were going in June! We overlap :goodvibes

So in addition to our Memorial weekend trip which I won't cancel until Disney does, we have a June back up booked for the 6-13th. May stay is at BCV and my fastpasses are wonderful; June right now is at POR, one of two resorts we have not yet stayed at, and fastpasses not so much good lol. But we also have our July trip that's been booked before all..............this happened so I am of the mindset right now July WILL happen, and hoping for either May or June. I don't even care about what rides we get on if we go in June or what's opened/closed, just want to be there!

haha because i legit booked it 3 days before FP day, and haven't really been on the board since! Rob and I agreed we need something to look forward to, and Disney was the right option! We haven't booked flights yet but i have been monitoring them, and have a credit from our spring break trip that got canceled. .... i would say right now its 50/50 we get to go, we need them to be open, and school to officially be canceled for the year, plus a few other things haha!

I so hope we can make it happen at this point! i am in the same boat i just want to be there in the sun and atmosphere even if it isn't exactly the same.

Hope we can both be there!

Just a follow up post to my Frontier bashing post. :)
They released more dates, so I was able to book for next Spring Break. (I didn't think they'd have those released so far away.)
Needless to say, got nonstop, and cheaper than what I had paid, and flying from our airport instead of what I had planned for this past Spring break, which had us driving 2 hours to another airport. So yay!
Back to planning June and my back up August....

We have reservations for June 12-21 and we’re able to get all the hot Fastpass,
we also have reservations for Aug and Oct, And Nov for my wife’s BD, surly we get to go on one of these 😁

Well Wisconsin just got the stay at home order under May 26th.... and no school for the rest of the 19-20 school year. So we'll see how June goes.

Well my cruise was just officially canceled today, so obviously we aren't coming to Disney either. I guess I will go ahead and cancel. I don't know when we'll be back to Disney at this point since our next cruise will either be to Alaska or out of New Orleans, but one day! lol Been nice chatting with you all, have fun on your rescheduled trips! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Reading some of these posts made me feel there will be 0 FP for 30 day out bookings.

So after much debate with dh we decided to cancel our June trip. The flight options have been changing and get worse each day. Sad. Good luck to everyone!

UGH - I hate to leave this thread, but I'll be calling and canceling our June 13-20th trip for my DS's HS graduation trip and we'll be rebooking it for Dec 17-23rd...and I have so many mixed emotions about it!

I planned so long and hard for this June trip but when talking to my DS tonight he had the last call (since it's allegedly his trip) and he doesn't think that WDW will be back to "normal" by the trip and doesn't want to go there and half-way it so he asked to move it.

*SIGH* and when I can make ADRs for this trip would have been my week in Disney...

I had already bought tickets to our first-ever Villians After Hours event so now we'll be going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas....

Wish me luck I can find a 2 br villa! We had booked our Welcome Home visit at CCV but I don't think there is room there for the new trip...

So after much debate with dh we decided to cancel our June trip. The flight options have been changing and get worse each day. Sad. Good luck to everyone!
I get that. We currently do not have plane tickets. Cancelled ours for a full refund. But we won't Rebook flights yet. Very on the fence

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter