***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

Eek! I am getting so excited. I'm getting my packing list together so I don't forget anything. Got to remember ponchos!

Don't stress too much about rain. The bright side is, a lot of people leave the park if it gets rainy. We had one really rainy day a few years back in June. Tons of people left the park. Shorter wait times!
That’s what I’m hoping. We are actually scheduled to leave for a while that day so I’m hoping most of the rain will come during that time and that when we come back the crowds will be manageable.

I have the ponchos and a clear shower curtain for the stroller already in the park bag. I just have to make it 2 more weeks.
Tomorrow is the grand opening for our new John Deere store, The last 2 days we have been busy getting all the final preparations and set up done for the big shindig. I so need this vacation!

Weather forecast for next week is not looking that great. I’m bringing ponchos but wondering if we should bring our rain jackets since rain looks to be a certainty on most days. Data points?

We were very glad to have our actual rain coats on our trip. There were a couple days where it rained steadily for a few hours and the rain coats are so much easier to get on and off when you're heading into indoor activities. Then again, we were flying Southwest, so we had plenty of room in our checked luggage.

Weather forecast for next week is not looking that great. I’m bringing ponchos but wondering if we should bring our rain jackets since rain looks to be a certainty on most days. Data points?
The poncho is handy because it also covers backpacks or other bags you may have. So depending on what you need/want to carry, you may want to think about that.

We have now been home for two days... were there from 3/4 to 3/11. It was a lovely trip - weather went from downright chilly (about 42 degrees for our EMM TSL event) to steamy (probably about 85 on our last day).

Crowds were above average with lots of Louisianans (is that the right term?) and more HS band and choir groups than expected. Since this was trip #5 for us, it was all doable, but for a first timer, I imagine it would be frustrating. At one point, the standby line for Under the Sea/Little Mermaid was all the way to the walkway - I have never seen it that backed up.

We stayed at POR which is lovely, though there were some busy buses.

Probably the highlight of the trip for me was the Up Close with Rhinos tour at AK... so cool to see backstage, and when we got to touch the rhino, I nearly cried. Just so cool!

All in all, a good trip... not sure when we will make it back. We have a SWDAS cruise booked for next winter and we really do need to start going other places besides Disney!

We have now been home for two days... were there from 3/4 to 3/11. It was a lovely trip - weather went from downright chilly (about 42 degrees for our EMM TSL event) to steamy (probably about 85 on our last day).

Crowds were above average with lots of Louisianans (is that the right term?) and more HS band and choir groups than expected. Since this was trip #5 for us, it was all doable, but for a first timer, I imagine it would be frustrating. At one point, the standby line for Under the Sea/Little Mermaid was all the way to the walkway - I have never seen it that backed up.

We stayed at POR which is lovely, though there were some busy buses.

Probably the highlight of the trip for me was the Up Close with Rhinos tour at AK... so cool to see backstage, and when we got to touch the rhino, I nearly cried. Just so cool!

All in all, a good trip... not sure when we will make it back. We have a SWDAS cruise booked for next winter and we really do need to start going other places besides Disney!
Is the Rhinos tour the same thing as the Caring for Giants your?

We try to go and do something twice a year. I was talking with the wife about what we were going to do later on in the year. I made her a deal, we go back to Disney and take our son to the MNSSHP and we can also go to Discovery Cove and she can swim with the Dolphins. She said are you trying to bribe me? I said of course.. :) That Rino encounter looks cool so I think I am going to surprise her with tickets.

I have the rhino encounter today at 11. Weather has been great even though it’s 80 everyday, clouds and a breeze make a difference.

The weather really has been fabulous.

Off to MK today-the family is tired so we aren’t going to get there before 9 . Oh well. We have decent fast passes and many of the rides are ones that we hit at DL so we will be fine. Yesterday was a great day-EMM at DHS which was a much better value, I think, and experience than at MK. We then were able to do the big rides there, and ended with a good lunch at 50’s. Waiter was great and the family loved-they had never been. Hotel for long naps and pool time, then a late night trip via Lyfr to Disney Springs. Were finally able to buy DS new shoes-the ones he brought started falling apart, and it killed me to think of spending $50 for crocs for a 9 year old. Dinner at Polite Pig-DS was absolutely mobbed and so we just found a place with a short line and empty seats-was actually really good and felt like a decent value. Plus sweet tea Old Fashioned!

Mini vent....I just had to change my flight (thanks Boeing 787 Max 8), my car rental and my day 1 fast passes!! Wasn't able to get Test Track again until 8 so I swapped it for FEA. Hopefully daughter won't be too upset. Fingers crossed we catch a good tailwind and make it into MCO early. Only 10 more days and we are finally in Disney!

Anyone else's flights affected with this mess?

Trying to get through this last day of work :surfweb:
Took off tomorrow for :laundy: and last minute packing.
Also have a mani/pedi booked for tomorrow afternoon :cloud9:
I have 3 more hours and I’m not sure I’m going to make it. I told my fiancé that I might even disable my work email from my phone for the next 10 days. It’s killing me to let my fiancé pack the van while I’m sitting here. We are hitting the road as soon as my youngest gets off the bus this afternoon.

Currently at MCO waiting for our flight :( our trip was amazing and I'm super sad to leave! Who knows when we'll be back... Not for a year or two at least. We got so lucky with great weather, great new experiences, etc. It was CROWDED for sure but we didn't let that phase us.

I can already feel the post-Disney depression settling in, so I'll still be following this thread pretty closely to live vicariously through all of you :) I plan on writing a TR when I get home, and I'll be sure to share the link!! Happy travels and trips, everyone!
I can relate. We already completed our March trip and I'm a little depressed following this thread still. Wondering if I should unwatch the thread but then again, I want to read about everyone's experiences. Good thing is our March trip was #1 of at least 7 trips for us in 2019. We are only 49 away from our quick adults only F&G trip and 86 from our long (9 day) family trip. But I still can't help being envious!

I have 3 more hours and I’m not sure I’m going to make it. I told my fiancé that I might even disable my work email from my phone for the next 10 days. It’s killing me to let my fiancé pack the van while I’m sitting here. We are hitting the road as soon as my youngest gets off the bus this afternoon.
Safe travels :car:

First day report: we had an ADR for Garden Grill pre park opening. Left our room at the Poly at 7:10 and I ubered to Epcot. There before 7:30. Close to front of security and in park. First seated at Garden Grill and the whole gang (Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale) cane to see us as a group, immediately ... which was special. Ate a great breakfast. Excellent service. Asked for our bill immediately so we could leave when ready. Left at 8:40 (after we saw all the characters again) and were first in line for Soarin’. Then did Joy/Sadness and Baymax, Living with the Land, Journey with Figment, saw Ralph and Vanellope, Spaceship Earth (FP), Test Track (FP), met Mulan, Mission Space Orange (Barf) (FP) and now back at the Poly shortly after 1. Hot, sweaty, tired, and very very happy. The longest wait we had was Mulan which was about 15 minutes. Plan to spend the afternoon at the pool because it’s very hot out. Had lice dinner ADR at 1900 Park Fare for tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter