****Official May 2019 thread****

While I’m happy that I was able to book DAH MK and i was lucky to be able to change our HDDR to another day, I am pretty perturbed dates were released after our FP window opened cause I would have done my days differently. BUT admittedly I never checked to look to see what usual days the event was one and I could have planned with that in mind so that’s a minor fail on my part.

Lol so far it’s seems most of us will be at DAH on May 16.

Besides that I’m so excited at how close it’s getting! Even my husband is getting excited and he normally doesn’t until the week of. Lol. I think he’s looking forward to all the fried chicken he’s planning on having. Lol.
In all the years we've been going to WDW, we have never gone to HDDR! Dh and I finally booked it for our September trip. Pretty excited!

I really HATE the idea of paying for DAH. We're already paying so much! Do we really need it for May crowds? Do you get a lot done during DAH?

When you book MK DAH do they show up in the "My Plans" section of MDE app? Or just the My Tickets section of the app? I've just booked DAH on May 16th for myself and the husband so any help would be appreciated as this is my first DW trip, all the way from Australia!:cool1:
it shows up in your tickets only. you have to put a note for it if you want to put it in your plans

I just can't justify adding $400 to go to DAH, especially on our arrival day. I don't think we'll be able to stay awake that late after such an early start. I didn't want to spend the extras for the extra club level fast passes either. I am hoping that crowds won't be bad in mid May. I really am trying to not plan too much for this trip. I expect it'll be my last for a while. It's been 8 years since last time and I plan on retiring my Disney visa card after this trip. Do people just do DAH instead of paying for regular park admission, or do you still do both?

It has been awhile since I've posted, but finally we are returning to our favorite place on earth in May!!!!!
We will be back May 20th through May 24 th.
Can anyone tell me how warm it will be? We went first week of March last time.
Thanks!

n all the years we've been going to WDW, we have never gone to HDDR! Dh and I finally booked it for our September trip. Pretty excited
You'll love it!!

I really HATE the idea of paying for DAH. We're already paying so much! Do we really need it for May crowds? Do you get a lot done during DAH?
It's not so much that it's needed; but yes you can get so much done. So far we've only done EMM and DAH at HS but both were awesome. Much lower crowds than during regular hours so no to short lines. It's neat being in the park with low crowds :goodvibes The major attractions (think SDD or 7DMT) can still have short waits but nothing like during the day. Whether it's worth it, like so much at Disney, really varies from person to,person.

Yay I'm glad you got it!
I booked us for 5/24 can't wait to ride ToT multiple times and SDD in the dark :cool1:
Awesome you'll have fun! I really want to do after hours again at HS but the only night they have it while we're there we have the Illuminations cruise

In all the years we've been going to WDW, we have never gone to HDDR! Dh and I finally booked it for our September trip. Pretty excited!

HDDR is wonderful! It’s not for everyone of course but my husband and I had such a great time. Our last trip was our first time and while I was okay not needing to do it two trips in a row my husband said he wanted to go again. Unlimited fried chicken and ribs? The man was in heaven.

I’ve never done DAH. I hope it’s awesome and it’s all walk-on-able and fun characters out....cause I need to justify the price to my husband. Lol. I just couldn’t pass up the chance to experience it!!!!

I’ve never done DAH. I hope it’s awesome and it’s all walk-on-able and fun characters out....cause I need to justify the price to my husband. Lol. I just couldn’t pass up the chance to experience it!!!!
We've only done DAH at HS and it was great. First of all, so cool being in the park later at night with such low crowds. Second just about everything IS walk on or extremely close to it :thumbsup2 I can't really speak to MK except what others have told me, I think 7DMT can have a short wait but nothing at all like during the day! When we did it at HS SDD has like 15-20 minute waits most of the night. I would have liked shorter but again, compared to during the day it was fine and I was really there for TOT :goodvibes Really looking forward to MK DAH and riding BTMRR over and over!

We are counting down to May 4-11 to an AKL, FW, WL split stay. Four of us, two kids 4 and 11. This is our first trip to Disney, and we CAN NOT WAIT! I think I am even more excited than my kids! :ccat:

Very exciting. I always feel like I’m more excited than my kids, especially their first trip in 2017. We’re there the same dates! May 4-12

It has been awhile since I've posted, but finally we are returning to our favorite place on earth in May!!!!!
We will be back May 20th through May 24 th.
Can anyone tell me how warm it will be? We went first week of March last time.
Thanks!
We’ve only gone once before in May 2 years ago and it was very warm. Keep checking the forecast as it gets closer but it will be hot.

So Southwest cancelled our arrival flight again! This is twice now. I never fly because I live in GA but since it was a short trip with just my DH and I we decided to do it and I'm having quite the experience. Now having to take a half day off on May 2 to make it to the airport on time. 28 days.....

So Southwest cancelled our arrival flight again! This is twice now. I never fly because I live in GA but since it was a short trip with just my DH and I we decided to do it and I'm having quite the experience. Now having to take a half day off on May 2 to make it to the airport on time. 28 days.....

I never fly southwest, and it’s literally the closest to me on Long Island, because I keep hearing about them doing this. How frustrating!

I'm so sorry that happened, but I'm glad they gave you nearly a month's notice! Maybe they're finally getting their act together with this Max 8 mess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter