****Official May 2019 thread****

Love seeing all the single digits!! Our luggage is filling up and I finished getting “my plans” ready. As in index cards with our day of FPs and ADRs and also with notes such as try a certain snack, etc. I know we have phones that can do that but I like just having the card in my pocket to just pull out and check. I considered taking a picture and using it as my lock screen but I’m still attached to my index cards. Lol

Are there any particular things people are excited for? I mean obviously just all of Disney but anything specific? I had to call in to Disney and the person asked me what I was looking forward to the most. I think getting to stay at Wilderness Lodge for the first time and getting to try the After Hours event. Oh and Flight of Passage!

Just did online check in for my flight tomorrow. WooHoo!!
Woot!

Love seeing all the single digits!! Our luggage is filling up and I finished getting “my plans” ready. As in index cards with our day of FPs and ADRs and also with notes such as try a certain snack, etc. I know we have phones that can do that but I like just having the card in my pocket to just pull out and check. I considered taking a picture and using it as my lock screen but I’m still attached to my index cards. Lol

Are there any particular things people are excited for? I mean obviously just all of Disney but anything specific? I had to call in to Disney and the person asked me what I was looking forward to the most. I think getting to stay at Wilderness Lodge for the first time and getting to try the After Hours event. Oh and Flight of Passage!
I'm looking forward to vacationing with our oldest dd and her fiance. We haven't shared WDW with her since 2007...when we swore our next WDW vacation would be without kids, lol (dh and I have had 5 trips since then]! If it helps, she was 14 at the time and we suffered the teenage angst.

Excited for everything lol but in particular staying at the Grand Floridian, dinner at Shula's, Flight of Passage fastpass, Toy Story Early Morning Magic, and seeing Starship starring Mickey Thomas perform at Epcot.

We’re most excited for Toy Story Land. We missed the opening by 10 days last year so this will be our first TSL visit. On top of that we will be getting to do EMM at TSL so we can take in all the details with out a mob of people.

We stayed st WL for 3 days last year and loved it! Those boats to MK really spoiled us.

Excited for everything lol but in particular staying at the Grand Floridian, dinner at Shula's, Flight of Passage fastpass, Toy Story Early Morning Magic, and seeing Starship starring Mickey Thomas perform at Epcot.
That all sounds so great! I am almost sad we won't make it to Shula's on this trip, I love it so much.

One week from today , I will be on my way ! I am also looking forward to TSL - it wasn’t open yet on my last trip . Also , looking forward to DAH - first time for that too .

Ooo, good topic! Firsts for us will include:
TSL
Pandora
HEA
SWAGS (Star Wars fireworks at DHS)
ROL

And maybe one or two other things I can't think of right now.
ETA: Thought of another one! Disney After Hours! We're doing the ones at MK and DHS and can't wait!

I can't believe it, we will be checking into OKW in 23 days, and in 24 days we will be checking into BCV. I know the next 3 weeks is going to fly, there is so much going on with end of school year stuff, plus my DD17s birthday is next weekend (day before Mother's Day) and she graduates from HS on the 21st. We already pulled out the outfits that we want to bring, they are just sitting in piles in my room, minus DHs since he is a last minute packer :rolleyes:. I hope everyone who is there now is having a great time and those that are going very soon to have a great trip!!

One week from today , I will be on my way ! I am also looking forward to TSL - it wasn’t open yet on my last trip . Also , looking forward to DAH - first time for that too .

I am so excited for TSL too (have been excited for this area of the park since they announced it), plus eating at a couple new restaurants, and staying at OKW (for 1 night) which will be a first for us as well. Have a great trip.

I can only speak for yesterday and today but other than a light short sprinkle yesterday the weather has been great!!
Did the Up Close with Rhinos tour today; got to pet a rhino :love:I highly recommend this tour it was amazing!
I’m so glad you got to do this tour. We had to cancel ours in March due to heavy rain. I’ve been checking and today was able to book it for our May trip :cool1:
Kathy’s so excited to pet a rhino.

I'm so happy for all our May fellow travelers and your firsts! I hope you have a wonderful time.

We are 18 day away and still trying to finalize our plans. Trying for a restful quick trip after a crazy winter/work schedule and then on to planning the big family trip in September!

I’m so glad you got to do this tour. We had to cancel ours in March due to heavy rain. I’ve been checking and today was able to book it for our May trip :cool1:
Kathy’s so excited to pet a rhino.
Ah, so glad you got it again! You will LOVE it :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to the fishing charter with my son. I'm also looking forward to making time to relax at the hotel. We've never visited this time of year and I'm a bit concerned about crowds. My feeling is if there's more than a half hour wait, I won't do it. The new rides that weren't there when we last visited 8 years ago are all fast passed, so I feel that we're covered. I can think of worse things than relaxing by the pool at the Poly.

Oh boy seeing some of the rain photos from this week at the parks and hoping it’s all gone by next week when we are there. Also all the reports of all the love bugs around. Lol. Not sure of which would drive me more crazy. Sure the rain helps clear the parks out but I don’t want wet shoes. Lol. And you know... bugs:crazy2:

Love hearing what everyone is excited for and firsts for their trip. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter