***Official May 2023 Thread***

Is there something going on the week of the 6th - 13th that would cause there to be no After Hours events ? Just curious.
Yeah, that's weird. Cheer/Dance on a couple of weekends in late April and early May but I don't believe that would have any effect on something like this. Maybe there will be an MK AH announced at a later date.

Just be aware of all the competitions in May. We were not bothered too much last year. My daughter is a CM and the only availability was at Movies. Food court was always packed with large groups. Pools too.

I couldn't help but think how I wished we were at Pop with the Skyliner.

Just be aware of all the competitions in May. We were not bothered too much last year. My daughter is a CM and the only availability was at Movies. Food court was always packed with large groups. Pools too.

I couldn't help but think how I wished we were at Pop with the Skyliner.
I did check the ESPN list and there are no groups the week we are there. I am not sure if there are other lists or places to see.

BWV May 7-10. Hoping they have some sort of AH event for that week or its gonna be a resort only trip. Cant wait to try out Narcoossee!

I'm happy, Typhoon Lagoon is opening March 19th so it'll be open for our trip! We prefer it to Blizzard Beach, but will go to both if they are open. Just happy to have the option :)

I'm happy, Typhoon Lagoon is opening March 19th so it'll be open for our trip! We prefer it to Blizzard Beach, but will go to both if they are open. Just happy to have the option :)
Blizzard Beach closes on March 19 for refurb. We were hoping it would be open when we go as we haven't done that one yet.

Blizzard Beach closes on March 19 for refurb. We were hoping it would be open when we go as we haven't done that one yet.

we preferred TL, it seems liked a lot of the rides at BB required more than 2 people and we are just two. Or we didn't find all the slides or something.

When will we see May park hours? The calendar now extends through April and I am itching for May to become clickable!

Got my ADRs this morning! I was 5 for 5, though had to switch a dinner for a lunch (which is fine!) for Yak and Yeti, of all places. I didn't expect that one. For any other "newbies" like me, I was really surprised it didn't go live till 6am for me since I see 5:45am as the most commonly expected time and was sitting wrapped in a blanket in the dark by 5:20 just in case haha.

But I snagged a pre-park opening breakfast for Cinderella's Royal Table and am fully prepared to overpay for the most just okay breakfast in the world that absolutely delights my daughter. I'm stupidly excited.

we preferred TL, it seems liked a lot of the rides at BB required more than 2 people and we are just two. Or we didn't find all the slides or something.
That would be perfect for us since we’re a trio and I wouldn’t have to chose between my kids.

Joining the party! April 29-May 6, split stay btn Boardwalk Villas and Grand Flo. I’ve never been at this time of year before (only November and January previously), and am excited to see everything in the spring! Also first time we’ll venture to Universal.

I have two boys, 7 and 10. I asked my 7 year old what he would be most excited about if we went back to Disney (haven’t told him officially yet) and he thought about it for a long minute, then said: “oh, that carousel! And eating popcorn. And seeing the fireworks while I’m on a ride. And Mickey ice cream!” I loved that answer. ♥️ 😆

Joining the party! April 29-May 6, split stay btn Boardwalk Villas and Grand Flo. I’ve never been at this time of year before (only November and January previously), and am excited to see everything in the spring! Also first time we’ll venture to Universal.

I have two boys, 7 and 10. I asked my 7 year old what he would be most excited about if we went back to Disney (haven’t told him officially yet) and he thought about it for a long minute, then said: “oh, that carousel! And eating popcorn. And seeing the fireworks while I’m on a ride. And Mickey ice cream!” I loved that answer. ♥️ 😆
:welcome: to the thread, Hatboxer! You've been added to the top of the list!:mickeyjum

Last edited:
Hello!! We're in WDW from May 14-20 and staying at AKL. It's our first time back since 2017 and I'm ridiculously excited, although so nervous about how much this trip will cost 😬 Our DS is now 11 so paying adult prices for him is going to give me sticker shock every time we're at a TS, especially as the Dining Plan is no longer available and helped "hide" these costs before 😂

Pending ADRs and EEH schedule, our plan is this:
Sun - arrive at 10am at MCO; go to AK: dinner @ Boma
Mon - EP + EEH: lunch or dinner at Space 220; do F&G booths for the rest of the day*
Tue - DHS: lunch or dinner @ Sci Fi **
Wed - MK: rest/pool break @ AKL in the afternoon; dinner at Storybook Dining; return to MK around 6 or 7pm for EEH***
Thu - pool/rest break in the morning; go to AK in the late morning/early afternoon
Fri - DHS: dinner at Sebastian's Bistro
Sat - MK: leave around 2pm; late lunch/early dinner @ Sanaa

I'm hoping you can help me with this plan!
* How long are lines at the F&G booths? As it's our only day, I don't want my DH, DS (11), and DD (7) irritated at me if we're just in lines. I'm planning on doing Genie+ to help with minimizing lines in the park

**Is the Fantasmic package worth the extra cost? Are there long lines to Fantasmic in May? I remember the portions were large in WDW, and I don't think my DH, DS, and I each need an appetizer and main dish, but I also don't want to be in line for Fantasmic for 2 hours to get a decent seat...

***Is this too ambitious of a plan? We can take an Uber to cut down on commute/wait time if needed from MK to AKL, and AKL to WL. This would be the only character dining (my kids are pretty shy, and my DS wouldn't like dining with too many princesses, but it think they would like Storybook Dining)

Thank you for your wisdom and help!!!! This forum is the best!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter