***Official May 2023 Thread***

Hello!! We're in WDW from May 14-20 and staying at AKL. It's our first time back since 2017 and I'm ridiculously excited, although so nervous about how much this trip will cost 😬 Our DS is now 11 so paying adult prices for him is going to give me sticker shock every time we're at a TS, especially as the Dining Plan is no longer available and helped "hide" these costs 😂

Pending ADRs and EEH schedule, our plan is this:
Sun - arrive at 10am at MCO; go to AK: dinner @ Boma
Mon - EP + EEH: lunch or dinner at Space 220 and then planning on doing F&G booths for snacks and the other meal*
Tue - DHS: lunch or dinner at Sci Fi **
Wed - MK: Uber to AKL for pool/rest in the afternoon; dinner at Storybook Dining; return to MK around 6 or 7pm for EEH***
Thu - AK: rest in the morning; do QS for lunch and dinner
Fri - DHS: dinner at Sebastian's Bistro and then return to DHS
Sat - MK: leave around 2pm; 3pm lunch @ Sanaa; Uber to MCO @ 5pm (our flight's at 8pm to 🇨🇦 and we're planning only brining carry-on luggage so hoping this is enough time!)

I'm hoping you can help me with this plan!
* How long are lines at the F&G booths? As it's our only day, I don't want my DH, DS (11), and DD (7) irritated at me if we're just in lines. I'm planning on doing Genie+ to help with minimizing lines in the park

**Is the Fantasmic package worth the extra cost? Are there long lines to Fantasmic in May? I remember the portions were large in WDW, and I don't think my DH, DS, and I each need an appetizer and main dish, but I also don't want to be in line for Fantasmic for 2 hours to get a decent seat...

***Is this too ambitious of a plan? We can take an Uber to cut down on commute/wait time if needed from MK to AKL, and AKL to WL. This would be the only character dining (my kids are pretty shy, and my DS wouldn't like dining with too many princesses, but it think they would like Storybook Dining)

Thank you for your wisdom and help!!!! This forum is the best!!
:welcome:to the thread, CanuckGirl78! You are now on the list!:flower:

Hello!! We're in WDW from May 14-20 and staying at AKL. It's our first time back since 2017 and I'm ridiculously excited, although so nervous about how much this trip will cost 😬 Our DS is now 11 so paying adult prices for him is going to give me sticker shock every time we're at a TS, especially as the Dining Plan is no longer available and helped "hide" these costs 😂

Mon - EP + EEH: lunch or dinner at Space 220 and then planning on doing F&G booths for snacks and the other meal*
Tue - DHS: lunch or dinner at Sci Fi **
Wed - MK: Uber to AKL for pool/rest in the afternoon; dinner at Storybook Dining; return to MK around 6 or 7pm for EEH***
Thu - AK: rest in the morning; do QS for lunch and dinner
Fri - DHS: dinner at Sebastian's Bistro and then return to DHS
Sat - MK: leave around 2pm; 3pm lunch @ Sanaa; Uber to MCO @ 5pm (our flight's at 8pm to 🇨🇦 and we're planning only brining carry-on luggage so hoping this is enough time!)

* How long are lines at the F&G booths? As it's our only day, I don't want my DH, DS (11), and DD (7) irritated at me if we're just in lines. I'm planning on doing Genie+ to help with minimizing lines in the park

**Is the Fantasmic package worth the extra cost? Are there long lines to Fantasmic in May? I remember the portions were large in WDW, and I don't think my DH, DS, and I each need an appetizer and main dish, but I also don't want to be in line for Fantasmic for 2 hours to get a decent seat...

***Is this too ambitious of a plan? We can take an Uber to cut down on commute/wait time if needed from MK to AKL, and AKL to WL. This would be the only character dining (my kids are pretty shy, and my DS wouldn't like dining with too many princesses, but it think they would like Storybook Dining)

I'll be there the same week! :mickeyjum I usually always try to do the F&G for early lunch just when they open up. Maybe later in the day wouldn't be too bad since it's not a weekend.

I'll be there the same week! :mickeyjum I usually always try to do the F&G for early lunch just when they open up. Maybe later in the day wouldn't be too bad since it's not a weekend.
Yay!!! :cheer2:

Do you find the waits long at the F&G booths when you do an early lunch? I'm thinking of budgeting $25-30 per person (3-4 dishes) should be enough, but I've never been and don't know the portion sizes other than what I've seen posted on DFB and AllEars.

Hello!! We're in WDW from May 14-20 and staying at AKL. It's our first time back since 2017 and I'm ridiculously excited, although so nervous about how much this trip will cost 😬 Our DS is now 11 so paying adult prices for him is going to give me sticker shock every time we're at a TS, especially as the Dining Plan is no longer available and helped "hide" these costs before 😂

Mon - EP + EEH: lunch or dinner at Space 220; do F&G booths for the rest of the day*
Tue - DHS: lunch or dinner @ Sci Fi **
Wed - MK: rest/pool break @ AKL in the afternoon; dinner at Storybook Dining; return to MK around 6 or 7pm for EEH***
Thu - pool/rest break in the morning; go to AK in the late morning/early afternoon
Fri - DHS: dinner at Sebastian's Bistro
Sat - MK: leave around 2pm; late lunch/early dinner @ Sanaa

1) Food booth lines don't get crazy except on weekends. (I literally rope dropped the France booth one F&W Saturday on a holiday weekend and then hightailed it back to my room at Beach Club). Would highly suggest trying to get the Space 220 lounge if you absolutely have to have an ADR that day, I would not want to be locked into an expensive prix fixe meal with all those amazing booths on offer. But in the lounge you have a choice between that and a la carte. That's what we plan to do.

2) I can't speak to Fantasmic packages as we are currently doing that calculus ourselves for Sci-Fi (gf has never been and really wants to try it) and neither of us have ever seen the show.

3) I don't think your Wed plan is crazy...but imo it depends on what time you plan to leave MK for your break. I'm a dedicated midday break person but transportation takes a chunk out of your day if you're not staying in proximity to the park you're breaking from. Midday buses run about every 20 minutes and you could be in for a wait if you just miss one, which would eat into your break. By the time your head hits the pillow for a nap it'd be time to get up again and head over to WL. Would strongly suggest walking over to CR and getting a rideshare from there if you must, but I would also rethink the timing on this one if you want to have a substantial break.

Keep checking especially a few days out as people change their plans. My ADR day is coming up and my kids want to do every character meal. 🙄 I don't have the time or the money for all of those; so I'll make them pick their top 3.

Hello!! We're in WDW from May 14-20 and staying at AKL. It's our first time back since 2017 and I'm ridiculously excited, although so nervous about how much this trip will cost 😬 Our DS is now 11 so paying adult prices for him is going to give me sticker shock every time we're at a TS, especially as the Dining Plan is no longer available and helped "hide" these costs before 😂

Mon - EP + EEH: lunch or dinner at Space 220; do F&G booths for the rest of the day*
Tue - DHS: lunch or dinner @ Sci Fi **
Wed - MK: rest/pool break @ AKL in the afternoon; dinner at Storybook Dining; return to MK around 6 or 7pm for EEH***
Thu - pool/rest break in the morning; go to AK in the late morning/early afternoon
Fri - DHS: dinner at Sebastian's Bistro
Sat - MK: leave around 2pm; late lunch/early dinner @ Sanaa

I don't think your plan is ambitious at all!

Mon - The lines can get long for the food booths, but since it's a Monday and school should still be in, I think you'll be fine. Have two of them go find a place to sit while the other two stand in line and switch out. I would check the menus out for the booths and really prioritize. Do a ride, then a couple booths, and repeat so no one gets cranky! I have also found letting my kids get whatever snacks they want helps. lol

Wed - If you want to get to MK by 6 or 7, you'll want a pretty early dinner at Storybook Dining. Just take the boat from WL to MK.

Ubers will have to drop you off at the TTC when going to MK. The Minnie Vans can drop you off where the busses do though but they are pricey.

Fri - Take the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach from HS if you aren't going back to your resort first!

I haven't been since Fasntasmic started back and have never used the package so can't help you with that.

Sounds like you have a great trip planned!

So far I have been able to book the ADR's we have been wanting for our trip. Tomorrow is 60 days before our Epcot day so I'll be looking for Teppan Edo for all 13 of us...did a couple mock bookings(didn't go all the way through obviously) for the last couple of days and had no issues finding a lunch time for all 13 of us in one reservation there(one of the few I won't have to split). Still stalking BBB for one of my nieces ,but doesn't look like that's happening unless they hop to MK during one of our other days and something opens up. I already have alerts set, but so far no dice! I was able to help them and another part of our group into CRT(8 total there) so at least I accomplished that lol. I got Boma breakfast for the three of us(myself, my husband, and son) so I am excited to try that out before our AK day, and got Liberty tree lunch for the three of us while the others go to either CRT or do their own thing. Sunday I'll be booking Hollywood and Vine lunch for all 13 of us and helping my brother in law look for a Savi's time for himself. Hoping the rest goes the way this has!

Last edited:
Our ADRs are next week but we'll be at a resort for a wedding, and of course my ADR day is the day after the wedding!

We used a Disney travel agent and because I'm not sure how good the wifi will be at the resort or how tired/hungover I will be, she said she would book our ADRs but said I had to stay out of MDE all next week because when 2 people are logged in there are lots of glitches and problems.

Is this true?? I'm a bit OCD when it comes to Disney planning, and despite being tired and hungover, I will likely want to go in to see what ADRs are available and book ones that I think will work with our plans, but if that causes us to lose ADRs, I will do my best to stay out.

I don't think your plan is ambitious at all!

Mon - The lines can get long for the food booths, but since it's a Monday and school should still be in, I think you'll be fine. Have two of them go find a place to sit while the other two stand in line and switch out. I would check the menus out for the booths and really prioritize. Do a ride, then a couple booths, and repeat so no one gets cranky! I have also found letting my kids get whatever snacks they want helps. lol

Wed - If you want to get to MK by 6 or 7, you'll want a pretty early dinner at Storybook Dining. Just take the boat from WL to MK.

Ubers will have to drop you off at the TTC when going to MK. The Minnie Vans can drop you off where the busses do though but they are pricey.

Fri - Take the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach from HS if you aren't going back to your resort first!

I haven't been since Fasntasmic started back and have never used the package so can't help you with that.

Sounds like you have a great trip planned!
YAY!!! I'm so glad. Loved your idea about having 2 stand in line and 2 can rest for F&G booths - such a great trip! I'm hoping all the treats will keep everyone free from crankiness! :)

I was thinking we'd Uber from AKL to WL, have an early dinner at Storybook around 4:30 or 5pm; take the boat from WL to MK and be at MK around 6:30pm or 7pm.

And yes, our plan is to take the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach from HS - we definitely want to try the skyliner this trip!

Our ADRs are next week but we'll be at a resort for a wedding, and of course my ADR day is the day after the wedding!

We used a Disney travel agent and because I'm not sure how good the wifi will be at the resort or how tired/hungover I will be, she said she would book our ADRs but said I had to stay out of MDE all next week because when 2 people are logged in there are lots of glitches and problems.

Is this true?? I'm a bit OCD when it comes to Disney planning, and despite being tired and hungover, I will likely want to go in to see what ADRs are available and book ones that I think will work with our plans, but if that causes us to lose ADRs, I will do my best to stay out.
Um...I have never heard this before, but maybe someone else can speak to it? My son shared my account until just recently and we never had a problem.

She may just want you out of there to give her time to work her magic on getting what you want. (As opposed to her clients logging in at 6am and emailing her fussing about why couldn't she get XYZ at the right time when she isn't done trying).

🤷‍♀️

I had multiple people logged into my account on our last trip...booking fastpasses separately etc...but this was in 2015-no idea if things have changed or if she wants to make sure you don't try to book anything overlapping when she does

Um...I have never heard this before, but maybe someone else can speak to it? My son shared my account until just recently and we never had a problem.

She may just want you out of there to give her time to work her magic on getting what you want. (As opposed to her clients logging in at 6am and emailing her fussing about why couldn't she get XYZ at the right time when she isn't done trying).

🤷‍♀️
thanks! I can totally (& unfortunately) see clients emailing and contacting travel agents when they still trying to make ADRs. I might just look and if i see something come up may book it, but i definitely won't bug her!

thanks! I can totally (& unfortunately) see clients emailing and contacting travel agents when they still trying to make ADRs. I might just look and if i see something come up may book it, but i definitely won't bug her!
That was just a guess! I would think after the first day though you would be able to go in and make your own, but you may want to double check with her...

Adding myself to this thread! We'll be checking in in 70 days for my 40th birthday trip!

May 23th-25th at the Poly and then 25th-27ath at POFQ. The 25th is my actual birthday.

I probably would have put Poly at the 2nd half of my trip, but we rented a confirmed DVC reservation so this is just how it worked out. It's my bucket list resort and I figured this was the time to splurge on it.

Excited for Tron and F&G too!

Adding myself to this thread! We'll be checking in in 70 days for my 40th birthday trip!

May 23th-25th at the Poly and then 25th-27ath at POFQ. The 25th is my actual birthday.

I probably would have put Poly at the 2nd half of my trip, but we rented a confirmed DVC reservation so this is just how it worked out. It's my bucket list resort and I figured this was the time to splurge on it.

Excited for Tron and F&G too!

Nice!! My birthday is 5/30 and I really enjoyed my 40th a couple years ago down there though I was next door at the Grand. But you will love the Poly, it's our favorite resort and a great choice for a birthday trip, especially a milestone! You should have a drink at Trader Sam's. :)

A Disney Visa discount dropped today that's really good so we actually changed our Poly reservation to a Yacht Club/Poly split. So now we are at Yacht Club 5/28-5/31 and Poly 5/31-6/7. Saved about $800 by switching it up like that. We really thought about Gran Destino to save even more but did not want to lose the Extended Hours benefit since we will get to enjoy 2 Epcot nights during our trip.

Nice!! My birthday is 5/30 and I really enjoyed my 40th a couple years ago down there though I was next door at the Grand. But you will love the Poly, it's our favorite resort and a great choice for a birthday trip, especially a milestone! You should have a drink at Trader Sam's. :)

A Disney Visa discount dropped today that's really good so we actually changed our Poly reservation to a Yacht Club/Poly split. So now we are at Yacht Club 5/28-5/31 and Poly 5/31-6/7. Saved about $800 by switching it up like that. We really thought about Gran Destino to save even more but did not want to lose the Extended Hours benefit since we will get to enjoy 2 Epcot nights during our trip.
Can you tell me more about the Visa Disney discount?? Where do I check for those?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter