***Official May 2023 Thread***

Can you tell me more about the Visa Disney discount?? Where do I check for those?
Nice!! My birthday is 5/30 and I really enjoyed my 40th a couple years ago down there though I was next door at the Grand. But you will love the Poly, it's our favorite resort and a great choice for a birthday trip, especially a milestone! You should have a drink at Trader Sam's. :)

A Disney Visa discount dropped today that's really good so we actually changed our Poly reservation to a Yacht Club/Poly split. So now we are at Yacht Club 5/28-5/31 and Poly 5/31-6/7. Saved about $800 by switching it up like that. We really thought about Gran Destino to save even more but did not want to lose the Extended Hours benefit since we will get to enjoy 2 Epcot nights during our trip.
Nevermind, found it!! Thanks for posting about it. I will save $$ as well.

Nevermind, found it!! Thanks for posting about it. I will save $$ as well.
No problem, Disney tends to be super sneaky about the Visa discounts compared to the others, they're not always listed on the main offers page

Nice!! My birthday is 5/30 and I really enjoyed my 40th a couple years ago down there though I was next door at the Grand. But you will love the Poly, it's our favorite resort and a great choice for a birthday trip, especially a milestone! You should have a drink at Trader Sam's. :)

A Disney Visa discount dropped today that's really good so we actually changed our Poly reservation to a Yacht Club/Poly split. So now we are at Yacht Club 5/28-5/31 and Poly 5/31-6/7. Saved about $800 by switching it up like that. We really thought about Gran Destino to save even more but did not want to lose the Extended Hours benefit since we will get to enjoy 2 Epcot nights during our trip.

I definitely will have a drink (or two) at Trader Sam's. :)

And thank you for mentioning the Disney Visa discount! I just saved a bit on the 2nd half of my trip. :)

Got online before 5:45 this morning for 60-day ADRs and again had to wait until 6:00 to book anything. :sad2: The good news is, I got everything I wanted.

Sun 5/14 - Arrival Day - Ale & Compass 7:00 PM

Mon 5/15 EP - Rose & Crown 7:45 PM - an ongoing tradition.

Tue 5/16 AK - Tiffins 6:45 PM - very excited about this as it has been on my list for a very long time.

Wed 5/17 MK - GFC 8:15 AM & Ohana 7:15 PM - I had the chance to book Rodeo Roundup for dinner but since I canceled Ohana during our last trip, I really owe it to DH to do it this trip. Neither of us has ever tried it and I've been going since 1972. Also, DH only has a 3-day park pass and no park hopping. So RRU is now on the top of the list for our December trip.

Thu 5/18 HS - Narcoossee's 6:35 PM - Very excited to once again try the returning/revised menu and enjoy the new decor.

Fri 5/19 EP - Toledo 7:30 PM - A new favorite on our last trip.

Sat 5/20 EP - Flying Fish 5:30 PM - I was on the fence about this one because of the cost but DH didn't blink when I told him so it's back on the list. Grabbed an "old geezer" mealtime so that I can hit EP on the last time for fireworks.

Sun 5/21 Departure Day - Ale & Compass 7:55 AM

Last edited:

I really want the HEA fireworks dessert parties to come out. My kids are finally ready to see the fireworks in person.

I said I wasn't going to do too many character meals, but here's what we ended up with :earboy2::

5/13: Arrive at VGF from Universal
5/14: MK day, dinner at GFC
5/15: Typhoon Lagoon with a beachcomber shack
5/16: no park day, 'Ohana breakfast for :stitch2:, Disney Springs, quick service dinner and Starlight Safari at AKL
5/17: AK, MK, Crystal Palace dinner pooh::tigger:
5/18: Epcot, Topolino's late breakfast ::MickeyMo, HS
5/19: MK, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, CRT late breakfast princess:
5/20: Olivia's brunch, head to the airport 😢

Got online before 5:45 this morning for 60-day ADRs and again had to wait until 6:00 to book anything. :sad2: The good news is, I got everything I wanted.

Sun 5/14 - Arrival Day - Ale & Compass 7:00 PM

Mon 5/15 EP - Rose & Crown 7:45 PM - an ongoing tradition.

Tue 5/16 AK - Tiffins 6:45 PM - very excited about this as it has been on my list for a very long time.

Wed 5/17 MK - GFC 8:15 AM & Ohana 7:15 PM - I had the chance to book Rodeo Roundup for dinner but since I canceled Ohana during our last trip, I really owe it to DH to do it this trip. Neither of us has ever tried it and I've been going since 1972. Also, DH only has a 3-day park pass and no park hopping. So RRU is now on the top of the list for our December trip.

Thu 5/18 HS - Narcoossee's 6:35 PM - Very excited to once again try the returning/revised menu and enjoy the new decor.

Fri 5/19 EP - Toledo 7:30 PM - A new favorite on our last trip.

Sat 5/20 EP - Flying Fish 5:30 PM - I was on the fence about this one because of the cost but DH didn't blink when I told him so it's back on the list.

Sun 5/21 Ale & Compass 7:55 AM

Congrats on the ADRs! We are still narrowing down our short list since we have 2 weeks to go. The trip suddenly turning into a split stay kind of upended the beginning and I had to rearrange our park reservations. Originally we had our HS days later on in the trip because I wanted to try and get a late Topalinos breakfast on one of them as the start to our midday break after rope dropping, but now that we're at Yacht Club in the beginning we switched HS days so idek if I can get it that soon. Seems like all our toughest ones (that, Sci-Fi on the Fantasmic package, and Space 220 lounge) are at the beginning now.

Congrats on the ADRs! We are still narrowing down our short list since we have 2 weeks to go. The trip suddenly turning into a split stay kind of upended the beginning and I had to rearrange our park reservations. Originally we had our HS days later on in the trip because I wanted to try and get a late Topalinos breakfast on one of them as the start to our midday break after rope dropping, but now that we're at Yacht Club in the beginning we switched HS days so idek if I can get it that soon. Seems like all our toughest ones (that, Sci-Fi on the Fantasmic package, and Space 220 lounge) are at the beginning now.
Yeah, I love split stays but don't like having to book ADRs with one. I really wanted to do Space 220 but DH's 3-day park pass puts a crimp in my plans.

Did I miss the Flower and Garden Festival 2023 thread? Excited to try all the booths on our May trip but was hoping to read some reviews. :)

UPDATE: I'm really hopeless. :laughing: I got through maybe 2 hours and I've already tweaked this. This does have some challenges because DH is just willing to do a 3-day pass so now he has 2 EP days instead of one. So HS for him may be on the chopping block. We really need to :hyper2: about this.

Sun 5/14 - Arrival Day - Ale & Compass 7:00 PM UPDATE: made an OT ADR for Rosa Mexicana for 7:15 PM. Trying to decide which one to keep.

Mon 5/15 EP - Rose & Crown 7:30 PM - an ongoing tradition.

Wed 5/17 MK - GFC 8:15 AM
Narcoossee's 6:45 PM
- Very excited to once again try the returning/revised menu and enjoy the new decor.

Thu 5/18 HS - Toledo 7:30 PM - A new favorite on our last trip.

Fri 5/19 EP - Space 220 Lounge 12:45 PM - I was going to pass on this but I just couldn't resist. I wish it was Monday instead of Friday though since it screws up the planned park day.

Flying Fish 5:30 PM - I was on the fence about this one because of the cost but DH didn't blink when I told him so it's back on the list.

Sat 5/20 EP - Ohana 7:15 PM - I had the chance to book Rodeo Roundup for dinner but since I canceled Ohana during our last trip, I really owe it to DH to do it this trip. Neither of us has ever tried it and I've been going since 1972. Also, DH only has a 3-day park pass and no park hopping. So RRU is now on the top of the list for our December trip.

Sun 5/21 Departure Day - Ale & Compass 7:55 AM

Last edited:
I'm a constant tweaker too. I've already added a lunch GFC reservation for Mother's Day since I can't decide if we want lunch or dinner there for MD. We are going to MK and I'm leaning towards stacking LL to the afternoon so we don't have to be in a hurry to get to the park. I'd do lunch in that scenario, but I really like the shrimp and grits which is only for dinner. Decisions, decisions.

I'm a constant tweaker too. I've already added a lunch GFC reservation for Mother's Day since I can't decide if we want lunch or dinner there for MD. We are going to MK and I'm leaning towards stacking LL to the afternoon so we don't have to be in a hurry to get to the park. I'd do lunch in that scenario, but I really like the shrimp and grits which is only for dinner. Decisions, decisions.
It's bad but at least it isn't nearly as bad as the resorts. I would constantly mess around with split stays. I would tell DH when I would change it and he would say "why bother? You're only going to change it again anyway"

That would also be a tough decision for me. I love Shrimp and Grits! Never tried them at GFC though.

The hits just keep on coming! This trip is cursed. First, I find out we have to move before the 1st of May, 2 weeks before our trip and now I suspect I have a kidney stone. One of those silent ones that just happen and once it's in the UT it's hard to ignore. Now drinking lots of water with citrus/citric acid hoping this thing breaks up. If I happen to pass it today, I'm officially naming it the "blarney" stone. 🍀

The hits just keep on coming! This trip is cursed. First, I find out we have to move before the 1st of May, 2 weeks before our trip and now I suspect I have a kidney stone. One of those silent ones that just happen and once it's in the UT it's hard to ignore. Now drinking lots of water with citrus/citric acid hoping this thing breaks up. If I happen to pass it today, I'm officially naming it the "blarney" stone. 🍀
Oh no! Well, if all else fails just ride Big Thunder a bunch of times! https://www.livescience.com/56261-kidney-stones-roller-coaster.html

In seriousness I hope you're okay and pass it soon. Partner had some a few years ago and it was the worst. I hope the moving situation isn't too stressful either. You really are due some good luck!

Oh no! Well, if all else fails just ride Big Thunder a bunch of times! https://www.livescience.com/56261-kidney-stones-roller-coaster.html

In seriousness I hope you're okay and pass it soon. Partner had some a few years ago and it was the worst. I hope the moving situation isn't too stressful either. You really are due some good luck!
Yeah, I've heard that. :laughing:Well, I just got back from Urgent Care and it may be a UTI. Waiting on the results hopefully by Sunday-early Monday.

Feel better soon, @disneydreamer781

So excited Moana will be there when we are! We met Pocahontas in that m&g spot on our last family trip and she was amazing! We were last in line before her break. It was our last park day, so my little girls had warmed up to characters and they had a great conversation with her! One of my favorite memories from that trip.

Glad to see a few of you have had pretty good ADR days!

I'm getting ready for our ADR day next week. Tusker House, Crystal Palace, HDDR, Via Napoli, Cape May Cafe, and The Boathouse are on my list. 2 of our kids are Disney Adults, so I decided we wouldn't do very many non-character TS meals this trip. The rest of our meals will be QS. Breakfast will be something quick in the room.

Coming home in May! Will be there May 8-13 at Animal Kingdom Lodge. This will be a particularly fun and interesting trip, as my mom and aunt will be coming with us! My mom has been to Disney once before, but her first time at akl. My aunt has never been to either. They have mobility issues, so theyve decided they would be more comfortable with a resort only stay. My adult daughters and I are looking forward to a few new ADR's at restaurants we've never ate at. We got Storybook dining, O'hana breakfast .

Coming home in May! Will be there May 8-13 at Animal Kingdom Lodge. This will be a particularly fun and interesting trip, as my mom and aunt will be coming with us! My mom has been to Disney once before, but her first time at akl. My aunt has never been to either. They have mobility issues, so theyve decided they would be more comfortable with a resort only stay. My adult daughters and I are looking forward to a few new ADR's at restaurants we've never ate at. We got Storybook dining, O'hana breakfast .
Nice! We’re staying at AKL right after you (May 14-20). So excited to see the animals around the resort - it might be hard to get my kids to leave AKL and go to the parks! We’re also trying new restaurants including Storybook and Sebastian’s Bistro, and Space 220 Lounge! I’m sure we’ll all have an amazing trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter