***Official May 2023 Thread***

I heard there are these bugs called Love Bugs that come out in May. And apparently they come out in swarms! How bad are they in the parks? Is there anything you can do to keep them from coming to you (e.g. mosquito repellent)?

I heard there are these bugs called Love Bugs that come out in May. And apparently they come out in swarms! How bad are they in the parks? Is there anything you can do to keep them from coming to you (e.g. mosquito repellent)?
Usually the beginning of May. If you have a car they’ll mess up the windshield but that’s about it. They’re gross but harmless.

Officially booked our first ADRs through OpenTable!

5/28 - Rosa Mexicano (dinner)
6/1 - Wine Bar George (dinner)
6/4 - Wine Bar George (brunch)

We are having dinner arrival day at Rosa Mexicano over at the Dolphin. GF was really excited by the menu and really wanted to try it. I couldn't get anything for Memorial Day, unsurprisingly, but got an early dinner on 5/28 at 5pm so we can head back into Epcot afterwards for dessert from booths and Epcot Forever.

Wine Bar George is my favorite restaurant on property and dying to go there with her since she's never been. I wanted to try something else for brunch but Homecomin is sadly a non-starter due to my food allergies (I can't eat the bacon there because it's pecan smoked) so when I asked gf was like "why don't we just go to WBG again" lol.

Me when we booked our trip: I am only getting a couple ADRs.

Me at the 60 day mark: Oh Space 220 and Topolino's are available, let me add those. Oh Sci Fi will be fun for everyone. Let's do that too.

I now have more reservations than I have ever had on a trip!

Honestly will probably cancel Space 220 pretty soon. I don't really like prix fixe menus especially since my son's GF doesn't eat a ton. It has never been available when I have tried so when I saw it open on our Epcot day, I panic reserved. 😂 But I don't want to keep it from others.

PS Hope you're feeling better @disneydreamer781

Last edited:

Me when we booked our trip: I am only getting a couple ADRs.

Me at the 60 day mark: Oh Space 220 and Topolino's are available, let me add those. Oh Sci Fi will be fun for everyone. Let's do that too.

I now have more reservations than I have ever had on a trip!

Honestly will probably cancel Space 220 pretty soon. I don't really like prix fixe menus especially since my son's GF doesn't eat a ton. It has never been available when I have tried so when I saw it open on our Epcot day, I panic reserved. 😂 But I don't want to keep it from others.

PS Hope you're feeling better @disneydreamer781
Thank you for the well wishes! You could also try for a Space 220 Lounge ressie. I didn't really want to splurge for the full menu. I don't like prix fixe either but at least the lounge would get me in the door to experience it and I can just order something to snack on. I have an early Flying Fish dinner planned that evening so I don't want to fill up too much during the day.

I was able to get the HEA Seats and Treats party for Mother's Day. I really wanted it for 5/19 as it's the last night of our trip, but it was sold out. So, I'm treating myself for MD.

Awesome! We are trying to decide which MK day to do the Seats and Treats, maybe y'all can help?! We have Chef Mickey's booked on arrival day at 6pm, would it be overkill to do both? What sort of non-sweet snacks are at the Dessert Party? I remember cheese and a few other small bites. Im wondering if we cancel CM's and just grab a few bites in park and then head to the Dessert Party?

I.Cant.Stop.Tinkering! lol

Oh, I nearly gave myself a heart attack. I went to cancel our GFC dinner and accidentally canceled our fireworks dessert party. I was able to get a new reservation and I used a different CC just to make sure everything gets charged and credited correctly.

Here's what we have now:

Day 1: Arrive at VGF from Universal :wizard:
Day 2: MK day, lunch at GFC, Seats and Sweets Fireworks dessert party
Day 3: Typhoon Lagoon with a beachcomber shack
Day 4: no park day, 'Ohana breakfast for :stitch2:, Disney Springs, quick service dinner and Starlight Safari at AKL
Day 5: AK, MK, Crystal Palace dinner pooh::tigger:
Day 6: Epcot, Topolino's late breakfast ::MickeyMo, HS
Day 7: MK, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, CRT late breakfast princess:
Day 8: Homecomin' brunch, head to the airport 😢

Breakfast at Crystal Palace and Narcossee adrs finally dropped! My adrs are finally complete.

Day1- Epcot Festival food

Day2- Dhs morning/ Leave for Homecomin lunch/ Gideons/ Dinner monorail lounge crawl - Hoping to get noodles/bread pudding/sushi at Poly, Strawberry Salad at Citricos, not sure about CR. Would love to try California Grill lounge but might go to Steakhouse 71.

Day 3- MK- Crystal Palace 10:30 long breakfast to get in breakfast/ lunch items
Dinner Narcossee

Day 4- GFC before flying home
Yum!

Breakfast at Crystal Palace and Narcossee adrs finally dropped!
Yes! My TA was only able to get 11:15 Crystal Palace last week. I just got a TP dining alert this morning and was able to change it to 10:30. So weird. She got everything else when we wanted it. The kids decided they want to build droids and a couple of us will do lightsabers, too (go big or go home!). Only thing left to book is The Boathouse on checkout day. I don't remember if I mentioned being unsure about the dessert party in this or another thread, but we decided to do the after party since we are doing Hoop at 4:00. That will give us some time for rides when we get back to the park, plus we'll be too full still for pre party desserts.

Glad everyone's ADRs seem to be going well!

We had these in Houston growing up. They aren't attracted to humans. It's their mating season in May, so you'll see them flying around attached to each other. I don't know if there's a particular week that is worse, but I don't remember seeing them in early May of 2018. So, they can be annoying, but they don't bite like mosquitoes. I wouldn't worry about it.

ADR Day Part 1 was a success! Got nearly everything I wanted at decent times, was absolutely shocked. I actually snagged Savi's and Droid Depot last night before I went to bed. The only thing I couldn't manage was a late Topolino's breakfast on Memorial Day, but I did actually find one on my birthday so I just snatched it up. The original plan was to have Garden Grill for lunch on our way out of Epcot, then hop to HS in the evening after our afternoon break at SAB to do stuff in Batuu. For now I am keeping both rezzies until I decide whether I want character breakfast or lunch for my birthday and will cancel one. If Topolino's stays we will just eat at festival booths for lunch (I'm kinda leaning towards this tbh).

5/29 - Sci-Fi lunch
5/30 - Topolino's Breakfast, Garden Grill Lunch, Droid Depot/Savi, Oga's (after park close, so we can take pics with our lightsabers when we're done)
5/31 - GF Cafe breakfast, Ohana dinner

5/31 is our switching to the Poly day, originally we were planning on heading there early in a rideshare and dropping off our stuff ourselves before rope dropping MK early entry, but since we will have a late night at HS the night before we are taking it easier. Will just have Disney take our stuff over, and will hang out at the resort. Breakfast at the GF Cafe and then go to the spa there, relax until our room is ready. We will have dinner at Ohana that night before heading into MK for extended hours.

ADR Day #2 is on Saturday and we won't have nearly as many. Only thing I'm targeting is Space 220 lounge on our second Epcot EEH day and CRT for our last night. Any other TS will be walk-up wait list or lounges.

Just got the rest of our ADRs for the second window and it was perfect. Got Space 220 for dinner like I wanted on 6/5 and CRT dinner on 6/6, easy peasy. I also got a Roundup Rodeo BBQ for lunch on 6/5 but will look to modify it to another day since we didn't plan on park hopping that day. I put alerts out for that.

Just got a call from my TA. Looks like the BWI won't be ready in time for my May 7th - 14th trip. I got moved to BWV deluxe studio which is totally fine with me. Just the other side of the hotel and I have stayed there before plus staying in EPCOT area.

Just got a call from my TA. Looks like the BWI won't be ready in time for my May 7th - 14th trip. I got moved to BWV deluxe studio which is totally fine with me. Just the other side of the hotel and I have stayed there before plus staying in EPCOT area.
Uh oh...staying there too the next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter