"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Any advice on doing the Dec 18 party as opposed to Dec. 22nd? We could technically do either, but the last one does fit into our schedule better. (We're arriving the 17th). Crowd wise just wondering if it will be noticeable...seems like the last party will be a sell out for sure, what about the next to last? Any suggestions? We've never done a Christmas party. We did do MNSSHP this year, I don't think it was sold out, we were fine with those crowd levels.

I'd think they'll probably both sell out. If not, they'll probably be close to it.

As long as you have a plan, you should be fine and you'll still be able to have a lot of fun!

If we want to see the first parade from Main Street/Town Square but not necessarily front row what time would we have to get there?

In the past at MVMCP we've been able to walk up 15-20 minutes before and still get a pretty good spot. I'm not sure why, but the spots looking down Main Street under the Train Station on the curb usually seem to fill up slower than other spots.

If there is no protection show before the fireworks is there any projection on the castle during the fireworks? I am assuming the castle changes colors/scenes during the fireworks.

At the Halloween party, we were able to get a spot in the plaza gardens about 30 minutes prior. This is the area previously used for FP+ and I don't think a lot of people realize it's now open to anyone. It's a great view from there as well; we always watch fireworks from the spot.
Where exactly is "plaza gardens"?

I'm not sure why, but the spots looking down Main Street under the Train Station on the curb usually seem to fill up slower than other spots.

For these - about how early before the parade start would you recommend showing (first parade)?

[In the past at MVMCP we've been able to walk up 15-20 minutes before and still get a pretty good spot. I'm not sure why, but the spots looking down Main Street under the Train Station on the curb usually seem to fill up slower than other spots.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! We just want a spot to see it but we aren't big parade people so it doesn't have to be perfect but I don't want Frontierland if I can help it.

We will be there soon! a few questions:

1. We will be in the park before 4pm. We have dinner in the castle from 4pm-5pm. I need to pick up party bands and desert party bands. I assume I will pick both sets of "bands" after dinner but where?

2. Nick and Judy are on my son's PULEEEEAAAAASSSEEEEEE list. So...I assume we should line up soon. I saw earlier on this thread 5:30pm. Is that still the suggested line up time? I'd like to be done with them before the 7pm party begins.

3. Desert Party. What is the latest time I should get to the parade viewing area in order to have a good spot and minimize unnecessary wait times.

Thank you everyone for such great information!

Is the line for space mountain usually pretty slim during the party? Plan to do party activities but would also love to ride some rides

Is the line for space mountain usually pretty slim during the party? Plan to do party activities but would also love to ride some rides

On our party night, 11/10, the crowds were consistently pretty heavy for Space, often with the line backed up to the entrance. It wasn't a walk-on by any stretch. Contrast that with other rides like Pooh and Splash where the rides were walk-on.

Hoping to get in line for 7 Dwarfs around 5:30ish. Is the line such that I could get in line while my wife and kids hit a couple rides and then they can join me or is the type of line that is hard for people to join?

Hoping to get in line for 7 Dwarfs around 5:30ish. Is the line such that I could get in line while my wife and kids hit a couple rides and then they can join me or is the type of line that is hard for people to join?
It's pretty open. We traded off with the kids the first 40 minutes or so of our wait.

For any of you looking to avoid the crowds but hoping for an incredible space to watch the parade, may I offer a suggestion. If you take Main Street all the way down until it starts to turn left into Liberty Square, you come upon the flagpole, I believe. If you can picture in your head walking and then bearing left heading into Liberty Square, on your immediate left there is an area marked with tape, and right beside it you have a cart. There's a triangular area there which can only accommodate about 12 to 15 people, and you benefit in having a wrought iron fence, railing at your back. You don't feel crowded in the slightest and your sight lines of the parade (they are extremely close and dance numbers all stopped right there) are incredible.

Can't exactly picture this spot. In here somewhere?
upload_2016-11-15_9-39-24.png

Thanks for all the answers to my precious questions. I'm just CRUSHED about no penguins but I'm really glad to know that Mary and Bert won't be too rough.

Tonight's questions!

1. Anyone know about line lengths for Minnie and Daisy? Or the Jingle Cruise?

We may have just been lucky, but we had a FP for Pirates at about 4:30 and did the Jingle Cruise right after with a 5 minute wait.

2. Is the snow on Main Street only during parades or intermittent throughout the night?

We stopped to see the castle snow show at midnight on our way out of the park and by the time we got to Main Street (about 12:20 maybe - the snow was over). Luckily I had gotten to see it earlier, but not all members of our party did.

Thanks again!

2. Is the snow on Main Street only during parades or intermittent throughout the night?
Thanks again!

We stopped to watch to castle show at midnight and by the time we got to Main Street, there was no snow. Luckily, I had gotten to see it earlier in the night, but not all members of our party did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter